Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2018, 08:17 PM   #1
2018 Isata 5 30FW
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Appleton, WI
Posts: 29
Toilet paper build up

I am starting a new thread regarding the toilet issue in the Isata 5 30FW because the thread that LANDKKNIGHT started on 5/5 got to be 14 pages long and was covering different issues the last few pages. I parked my motor-home after the maiden voyage on May 7th and was able to just get back to it today. When I parked it I noticed water and bits of toilet paper floating just below the ball in the toilet.The water eventually went down and I closed up the motor-home until today. Then I read with extreme interest all the messages concerning this problem and was hoping my coach was okay. There is solid paper about 18"-22" from the ball. I read all of the prior thread and learned that perhaps there wasn't enough water being used for each flush. I will monitor that on the next trip. I have a couple of questions for now. One: I looked from underneath and could not see the pipe from the bend just below the toilet ball, across the width of the trailer where it connects to the tank. All I see is the holding tank for the black water. The tank does look like it is a little convex. How can I tell if the pipe has enough drop? Question two: How can I get the paper to pass through the pipe? Plunger? Push it through with something? Thanks.
__________________

Space Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:38 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Oaklevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,348
Do not use a plunger as it can and will cause damage to your toilet. Try something like this .................................

https://www.campingworld.com/flexibl...MaAmh2EALw_wcB




Good luck
__________________

__________________

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:40 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Cypressloser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Alberta - East of the Rockies, West of the Rest
Posts: 1,446
Ok, you must have done a lot of reading .

If this was my problem I would fill the tank all the way up with a garden hose through the toilet and dump. If that doesn't clear it after let's say two attempts, I would fill the black water tank one more time and attach a paint mixer on an extension rod on my power drill, carefully stick it into the tank through the toilet and go to town, making sure not to come in contact with the bottom of the toilet. However, this will only work if the toilet drains straight down into the tank.
For the future: don't skip the TP use less and use more water when flushing.
__________________
2018 RAM 5500 Laramie CC
Fulltiminig in our Riverstone Legacy 38RE, 960 Watt Solar, 6x6 Volt AGM Battery Bank, Freedom SW 3012 Inv/Charger
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:30 PM   #4
Just as confused as you
 
Scrapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Rio, Wisconsin
Posts: 2,205
It sounds as though you have a pipe with an elbow in it and the pipe empties into the end of the tank instead of dropping straight down. If this the case you must make sure to use plenty of water when flushing the toilet.

You might have to get a Auger snake to clean it out. The one in the second pic will be the cheapest to buy.
Attached Images
   
__________________
Richard & Jill
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS Classic Super Lite
2011 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab Z71 4x4
Camping since 1989, seasonal since 2000
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:37 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Locky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 254
Definitely fill her about 3/4 of the way up and let it sit for an hour and then take it for a test drive to get stuff sloshing around. Dump and repeat if necessary. Another suggestion (which isnít popular with a few on here) but if your wifeís arm will fit down the hole then you could hand her a putty knife and let her go at it....lol
__________________
2018 Rockwood 2906WS
2013 Chevy Silverado
1967 Beautiful Wife
Locky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:54 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
SailorSam20500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locky View Post
Definitely fill her about 3/4 of the way up and let it sit for an hour and then take it for a test drive to get stuff sloshing around. Dump and repeat if necessary. Another suggestion
Just thinking about it, when filling with water, I'd consider adding a lot of Calgon, power or liquid and a bunch of Dawn. Then take if for the drive...

I'd pass on the second suggestion - if you want to live a LONG and HAPPY life...
__________________
Al
Save the Earth. Itís the only planet with Beer.
S.E. Mich.
Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2018 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:03 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
rsdata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Northern KY
Posts: 2,313
Quote:
Just thinking about it, when filling with water, I'd consider adding a lot of Calgon, power or liquid and a bunch of Dawn. Then take if for the drive...
adding 20# of ice cubes helps in the scouring action while driving...
__________________


2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:11 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Bow WA
Posts: 249
Like SailorSam wrote, use Calgon and Dawn. We use these two products before we use the toilet.
..................
Ram 2500 diesel 4x4 / FR Surveyor 251rks
debit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 04:39 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Englewood FL
Posts: 2,055
I have a Georgetown 335 with a Dometic but don't know what you have in your coach. If it is the same unit, you are going to continually have this problem no matter what you do since there is a slight constriction where the mechanism is between the "ball" and the bottom of the toilet where it attaches to the flange.

A plunger won't hurt it but of course you have to hold the foot pedal down when you use one or use a want to force the paper past the mechanism. I have tried more water, less paper, single ply paper...everything. It will still happen.
__________________

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:01 AM   #10
GM
 
bclemens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Elkhart, IN
Posts: 9,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cowboy View Post
I am starting a new thread regarding the toilet issue in the Isata 5 30FW because the thread that LANDKKNIGHT started on 5/5 got to be 14 pages long and was covering different issues the last few pages. I parked my motor-home after the maiden voyage on May 7th and was able to just get back to it today. When I parked it I noticed water and bits of toilet paper floating just below the ball in the toilet.The water eventually went down and I closed up the motor-home until today. Then I read with extreme interest all the messages concerning this problem and was hoping my coach was okay. There is solid paper about 18"-22" from the ball. I read all of the prior thread and learned that perhaps there wasn't enough water being used for each flush. I will monitor that on the next trip. I have a couple of questions for now. One: I looked from underneath and could not see the pipe from the bend just below the toilet ball, across the width of the trailer where it connects to the tank. All I see is the holding tank for the black water. The tank does look like it is a little convex. How can I tell if the pipe has enough drop? Question two: How can I get the paper to pass through the pipe? Plunger? Push it through with something? Thanks.
Which coach do you have? That thread was on the 30FW...but it does not sound like that is what you have. Lots of water for #2 is always key....you can leave it low for #1. but if #2, fill the bowl up. Keeps the bowl clean as well.
__________________

__________________
Please READ the entire thread before posting to keep comments relevant.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 PM.