Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2017, 05:14 AM   #1
GWP

Touch Screen Command Center

This is the second issue I've had with the touch screen. It's blank and won't respond. I take it out of the wall and unplug, plug it back in, it reboots and works fine. I'm pretty sure there is a better way of doing this without pulling it out of the wall.
Always on shore power when parked, batteries never low. Anyone else having issues or am I doing something wrong?
Old 10-02-2017, 07:06 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWP View Post
This is the second issue I've had with the touch screen. It's blank and won't respond. I take it out of the wall and unplug, plug it back in, it reboots and works fine. I'm pretty sure there is a better way of doing this without pulling it out of the wall.
Always on shore power when parked, batteries never low. Anyone else having issues or am I doing something wrong?

If you have the multiplex system from Precision circuits give them a call. I had a problem and they where helpful and shipped a replacement part.

Precision Circuits Inc
2538 Wisconsin Ave
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Phone Numbers
Office:
(630) 515-9100
Fax:
(630) 515-9101
Email
Sales & Marketing:
sales@precisioncircuitsinc.com
Customer Service:
support@precisioncircuitsinc.com
Technical Support:
tech@precisioncircuitsinc.com
Old 10-02-2017, 07:38 AM   #3
GWP

yeah that's what I have
Thanks, Pat
Old 10-02-2017, 08:07 AM   #4
Commercial Member

I think they had a known issue where loss of power would cause the screen not to boot up. Replace the screen with a newer version and all is good.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:00 AM   #5
GWP

I called Precision Circuits and talked to a Tech. named Danny at ext.704.
He told me to try changing a couple of different settings to see if that solved the problem,which I will do later this evening.
If that doesn't help they will send me a new screen. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks
Old 10-03-2017, 01:19 AM   #6

We had same issue and replaced the panel. All has been fine till a few days ago. Woke up one morning to error messages on the screen and does not boot at all. Spoke with Danny at Precision Plex and ran did some tests. Did not work so they are shipping a new panel out but we are moving around so will not get it until we are back home at the end of the month.

We are using the Bluetooth module and our phones to control the systems.
At this point a good investment to purchase and install the module.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:44 AM   #7
GWP

Just called them and Precision is shipping me out a new one. Danny said it was an "unusual" problem. I didn't argue, just glad a replacement is on the way.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:49 PM   #8

Back from two months on the road. New touch control panel was shipped here. Replaced the old one with the new one and it works. This is the third control panel in a year and half.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:56 PM   #9

Touch screen not recognizing IPHONE

I have a 2013 Sunseeker which I just bought and I cant get the touch screen to recognize my IPHONE and also when I plug in my IPOD its playing on the speakers on one side of the camper and the music is super low...anyone have any similar problems?? When the radio is on it plays in both speakers.
kahafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:59 AM   #10

RE: Sunseeker not rec. iPhone. Make sure you have the Bluetooth Module installed. Main control panel will show Bluetooth as an option even if module is not there. If you do have the module, instructions for pairing to you phone are on the Precision Plex web site. Attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Wireless-Pairing-Guide-Rev-2.pdf (757.2 KB, 38 views)
Old 10-25-2017, 10:14 AM   #11
Commercial Member

whoa, whoa, whoa. The Sunseeker does not have multiplex. The new ones have a Lippert one touch I think...but a 2013, would have nothing like that.

I think what kahafa is referring to is the touch screen dash radio. You might be better served posting that on the Sunseeker thread, along with the make and model of radio.

Old 10-27-2017, 11:44 AM   #12

Automotive 12 volt DC is noisy as hell and can spike during ignition way past 25 volts. Any electronics that not built to withstand sudden power overvoltage, or low voltage such as battery drain, without a preventative sequential shutdown, is prone to fail. DC-DC voltage regulators need to cover a wide voltage range to limit damage. These touch screen interfaces in motorhomes are cute but they introduce a single point of failure. Rather than hardwired switch control of coach devices such as lights, generator, slides, fans, everything else... these devices are enabled by feeding power via either relays, or electronic switches(thyristors). The touch panel in essence is a computer with a program designed to read the action performed on a touchscreen input and perform a programmed function to energize/de-energize an output (relay or thyristor) that controls a specific device. If the touchscreen/computer fails, you are held hostage to a single point of failure. I hope that Dynamax has the wisdom to not follow the path of others moving away from basic hardwired controls. Good ole fashioned hardwire is simpler to maintain/troubleshoot, less active electronic gizmos susceptible to failure (relays/thyristors), and is not a single point of failure (touchscreen/computer). I can't imagine being in a situation out in the boonies and not having the ability to turn on a generator or anything electrical. Keep it simple for the average RVer.
Magnatudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 12:52 PM   #13
Commercial Member

That's one reason we use redundant systems. To do things the old way only, leaves you in the dust with no innovation. If you are not pushing design and trends and technology, you'll be pushing to get sales. Right, wrong or indifferent, people like the new shiny toy even if its bad for them.

So we partnered with a multiplex outfit we felt comfortable with. Helped them develop and test a system designed for us. So you have the advantage of the single source touch screen. If that has an issue there is an smart phone based interface. If that is not working you can go directly to the main panel and operate everything, OR use the hard wired controls we offer for things like slides and jacks. As the technology advances and the systems are proven, we will start to phase out some of the main controls (like Jacks) to clean up the clutter and also make sure we are using the best components.

Old 10-27-2017, 01:20 PM   #14

Brian, redundancy is the best answer. I understand the marketing challenges and keeping up with innovation. It's no wonder you are the GM. :-)

I would like to think that the redundancy is on every device, every light switch, etc...

I'd venture to say that the smartphone interface most likely is dependent on the touchscreen CPU executing the smartphone interface routines.

When we had a Country Coach/Dynamax chassis we had to add Carnetix intelligent DC-DC regulators to eliminate failures with 12 volt mobile computers & monitors.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:27 PM   #15
Commercial Member

Actually it is not. The touch screen is simply a graphical user interface for the main system. The main system is where all the fuses are located. As another user on here noted, when their screen went dead, they just used the app control, which is connected via a blue tooth module located on the main system board. (well, connected via cat5)

Old 10-27-2017, 01:43 PM   #16

OK, the CPU in the main system must be functional for all interfaces to be functional, touchscreen, smartphone interface, blue tooth module and all outputs. Basically, this operates like most industrial PLC controllers. Having hardwired controls in parallel is a good thing.

One of the reasons why we chose an Isata 3 as opposed to the Forester 2401 is my not so tall wife counted how many steps it took to find and extend a slideout with the touchscreen interface. End-user simplicity does have it's advantages.

Thanks Brian.