Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-05-2018, 06:54 PM   #1

Touch Screen Control Display Reset

Screen all of a sudden stop working and went dark. Discovered that you can reset it by simultaneously selecting up/down buttons on Precision Plex fuse panel and then going to MODULE STATUS selection. Use Right Arrow to select Reset to reset the display.

While this didn’t solve my particular issue I also had to take the display off the wall and reinsert the plug. RESET process commenced immediately and display came back on.

Decided to document this as I could not find it referenced On the forum.
hitchn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:06 AM   #2

Thanks for taking the time to document the issue/fix!

JT
Old 01-04-2019, 09:58 AM   #3

Ok, thought I would follow up on this thread. Still kept getting display randomly going dark (I.e. shutting off) after trying numerous fixes. I could always get it to come back on by reinserting plug on the back of the display, but that is a pain.

My final fix was shutting off the Display Timeout under Settings. Since doing this the display has not randomly shutdown in about 7 days. So, I think the problem may be a Precision Plex software issue with this function. When it goes into “sleep mode” it shuts power off display completely.

...just thought I’d pass along.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:54 AM   #4

You’re timing is great. Went out to check on camper yesterday to make sure all was okay. Found the display blank. It has been winterized for a couple of months. Never had a problem before now. I was thinking the cold might have an effect, but will check on what you found out when I get a chance.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:04 AM   #5

We have had a couple days during this time below zero at night (-5 deg) and didn’t have an any effect on the display—it ran fine...just another data point for you.

2019 37DX3 RB
Old 01-04-2019, 11:06 AM   #6

A quick call to Precision Plex is the best option. Great customer service!

Office:
(630) 515-9100

2018 Isata 5 DS
sseaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 11:20 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch2go View Post
Screen all of a sudden stop working and went dark. Discovered that you can reset it by simultaneously selecting up/down buttons on Precision Plex fuse panel and then going to MODULE STATUS selection. Use Right Arrow to select Reset to reset the display.

While this didn’t solve my particular issue I also had to take the display off the wall and reinsert the plug. RESET process commenced immediately and display came back on.

Decided to document this as I could not find it referenced On the forum.
Did you per chance take a coach battery voltage reading after the Precision Plex shut down?
I5PhilGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 11:36 AM   #8

No. Just so I am being clear: Precision Plex panel was working fine. The issue was with the remote LCD display on the wall.

2019 DX3 RB