Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2018, 11:44 AM   #1

Travler interface box: no power

The Winegard Travler Interface box doesn't have any power (i.e. no DC input). The AC/DC power supply, I assume, is behind the cabinet wall so I cannot verify that it is plugged into AC. I have attached a picture and system diagram. The blue tape identifies the DC output wire coming in from the chase. All breakers have been checked. Is there a "master" switch somewhere that the entire system uses? Is it unusual for the power supply to be behind the cabinet wall? In lieu of cutting holes in my cabinet to find the power supply, I should be able to get another power supply and power it directly. Can anyone tell me the DC voltage and current output for the power supply?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Winegard Pic 1.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	238.0 KB
ID:	173156  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Winegard Travler system setup.pdf (455.9 KB, 65 views)
Kayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 08:22 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Brian Meeks, emailed production your question this morning. We're going to show it to final finish to see where that plug is.

Is it unusual to have a 120v hidden? Sort of. We don't install many of the traveler dishes. The DirecTV one is a 110V hog. We try to leave an outlet open for the receiver...but then the DirecTV dish needs the Power Inserter AND the control box. (It's a 12V swtich on the in-motion).

So, having said that, we have an HDMI splitter that we normally hide away (likely behind the TV) and that plugs into its own outlet. So they likely plugged the control box into the other side of that outlet because we likely ran out of room in the cabinet.

Something we'll have to design for going forward.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 08:55 AM   #3

Thanks for the help. Using an endoscope, I was able to see the HDMI splitter but I was unable to see where it was plugged in or see the power supply brick.
Kayman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power