Old 07-18-2016, 03:55 PM   #1

Trip to Naval Air Station, Pensacola, FL

Nice trip from N Virginia to FL. Arrived late in the evening. Engine light came on last night about 50-80 miles from my last fuel stop. Glad I purchased a engine fuel filter and a fuel/water separator filter before leaving on this trip. Besides the engine light, I learned four new things I need to repair:
1. The windshield leaks when raining. Not sure how to fix except to take the windshield out and redo the mounding. See pictures:Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1468874627.470289.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	114533

2. When I opened the electrical door to connect the electrical lines, one side was hanging down. the one screw was laying on the bottom. I checked how to fix it this morning. Seems I just need to screw in two new screws. After checking further, I noticed no hole in the other screw hole. No wonder this side fell down, it was missing a screw.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1468874916.378209.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	114534

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1468874937.947868.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	114535

3. My lovely bride asked me to fix the dryer this morning. What's wrong with it? It makes a lot of noise in the front when on, and something is hanging over the knob. Minor fix. The stabilization bar was installed incorrectly.

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1468875109.538612.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	114537

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1468875125.473017.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	114538

4. Entry door instrument panel is coming apart. Wondering if anyone's knows if I can screw this in versus taking it apart and re-glueing it?

5. Checked my refrigerator Slim, my top bracket is screwed in. Thanks for the info.

Mike
2016 Force HD

Old 07-18-2016, 04:17 PM   #2

New unit?

Old 07-18-2016, 05:09 PM   #3
GM

What was the issue with the carpeted bar...came loose, or installed sort of backwards like in the picture?

Do you have a picture of the entry panel?
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 10:46 PM   #4

The bar holding the drying in place was installed kinda backwards. I'll figure-out how to fix it.

The entry door instrument cluster picture follows. If I screw the corners in, will I run into any wiring or something else?

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1468899943.111951.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	114610

Mike
2016 Force HD
Old 07-19-2016, 09:36 AM   #5
GM

No. I just looked at one online. The harness comes up from the bottom and into the back of the plug. Should be able to pop a screw into the outside corner and be safe.

I shot this picture over to engineering...they put that frame because the wall is not deep enough to plug the harness into the back of the switches effectively. My first thought is, why not make the wall deeper? (so they'll be working on that soon). However for you unit...screws should be just fine.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 06:01 PM   #6

How was the camp ground on base?
Old 07-19-2016, 06:39 PM   #7
BigMac

Trip..

I was at NAS Penn for a wedding some time ago. It was amazing. I was hoping to see what an amazing trip you had, how awesome the beaches etc were. Sorry to hear it had a few headaches. Still an awesome place.

Funny thing though. That wedding cleared out at 7PM leaving a bunch of us Canadaina wondering were everyone went. We stayed and partied playing the Tragically Hip all night. Fun trip though !!
Old 07-19-2016, 07:20 PM   #8

Brian-roger on the screws in each corner. We can adjust the frame later.

We are at Blue Angeles at Correy Station.. On the beach. 93 degrees with a breeze. Water is 80 degrees. Clean place.

The country store here stocks only four essential items: beer, ice, bait and ice cream. Any thing else, you have to head out to the commissary. I have not been to the commissary yet.

Mike
2016 Force HD
Old 07-20-2016, 01:53 PM   #9

Update on my check engine light issue: actually, it is not the check engine light, it is the Malfunction Engine Light which means I have some type of emissions related issue.

Does anyone have experience retrieving codes off the M-106 dash display? I need to figure out the fault code to move forward diagnosing this thing. Thanks!

Mike
2016 Force HD
Old 07-20-2016, 06:26 PM   #10

I had an emission check light. After it sat for a few months over winter. I called a dealer while we were in Florida and they pulled the code up in their software. Luckily mine was a build up from sitting, after day two it went off and has not come back on.

2016 Dynamax Force. Just-Rite2