Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2018, 12:57 PM   #21

Not a MH person, but one comment, common to all new owners.

Warranty lasts one year. It IS important. But a year goes fast. Then you are on your own anyway.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 01:19 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Not a MH person, but one comment, common to all new owners.

Warranty lasts one year. It IS important. But a year goes fast. Then you are on your own anyway.
Just so you know.. Two year warranty here with Dynamax, but it goes
fast, just not as fast.
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 01:28 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by joet19711 View Post
Just so you know.. Two year warranty here with Dynamax, but it goes
fast, just not as fast.
OK thanks. If I ever get a MH, that one is top of my list.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 01:47 PM   #24

Any product with BC involved, you will be taken care of in a fair fashion. My FR product is in a different line, and the warranty person for my line was very helpful in getting me the actual parts I needed, when a dealer was less than helpful. In my case, I prefer to do my own work, so I just needed the parts.
Dp26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 01:55 PM   #25

I have never had a problem with any builder when on the road. Lesson learned to buy from a local dealer for everything else.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 02:15 PM   #26

If you go to the Dynamaxcorp.com website and go to dealer locator it says this:

At Forest River your ownership experience is of paramount importance to us. Timely and efficient service, as well as maintenance of your product is a key factor to a positive ownership experience, while enhancing your lifestyle.

The Dealer plays a significant role in your ownership experience and a Dealer located thousands of miles from your residence or the primary use location of your product will be hard pressed to provide you with the service you deserve.

FOREST RIVER STRONGLY ENCOURAGES YOU TO PURCHASE YOUR PRODUCT LOCALLY

Below are a few things to seriously consider when making your purchase and choosing a Dealer:
- Dealers in our Industry are not franchised like automotive dealers and therefore not obligated to work on your product when it is not purchased from them.

- Our Dealers are independently owned and operated businesses. Service and scheduling is at their discretion and priority is commonly provided to customers that purchased from their dealership.

- Pre-Delivery Inspections and the customer’s product orientation educating them on their new purchase are often more thorough and convenient for both the customer and dealer when performed by your local dealer. Proximity to your dealership determines the ease of follow up on questions that may arise.

- Your first uses may result in some needed adjustments and tweaks. Often referred to as “shake down,” these minor adjustments are much more easily addressed by your local (and selling) dealer.

- Scheduling timely warranty repairs and adjustments through your local dealership provides far greater flexibility and convenience to you the customer!

- Purchasing locally allows you to establish longstanding personal relationships with your dealer, enhancing your overall experience and adding value in future transactions from product to product.

- Local dealers are more readily available to assist their loyal customers with product questions, user tips, and are more knowledgeable regarding uses and regulations within the dealer’s region.

- Your dealer’s knowledge of how your product is serviced and maintained can help to enhance its value when you make a trade.

- Buying locally provides you a greater opportunity to develop relations not only with the dealer principal and managers, but also those team members at the dealership who actually service your product.

- Buying locally helps you support local businesses who in turn support your community by providing jobs and aiding the local economy.

-With one of the largest North American Dealer Networks, Forest River is committed to helping customers with service when they are in transit and far from their local dealer.

So they do try to give fair warning to everyone when deciding whether to buy locally or remotely. We went through the same process i.e. there were some dealers located on the other side of the country from us that had DX3's on the lot. We shopped them remotely and determined the prices they were offering were good, but no better than the deal we were able to negotiate at our local dealer. Plus, the other units had some but not all of the options we wanted. In the end, the local dealer agreed to beat any online price by $1,000 if we ordered a unit through them, which we ended up doing. Also they agree to do all of the warranty work for us. I do most of the fixing myself but if something big came along like one of the roof AC units failed, I would have the dealer do the work.
I know its tempting to get the Texas unit because its available right now. But since getting the right one is very important to your wife, have you guys looked at what other floor plans, options and exterior/interior colors are available? There might be something more perfect available to you, even if you have to order it and wait a few months. Then you can get it ordered locally and eliminate your concerns about getting warranty work done.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 02:33 PM   #27

I have been finding that any warranty work at a dealer needs to be done on off-peak season, whether you buy from the local dealer or not. We had some urgent items that needed to be repaired/replaced within the first year and the dealer suggested a local repair company that came on site to fix, because they were booked up for the next 10 weeks.
Local repair guys were great and Forest River reimbursed them
Jeff from Burlington Ont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 02:34 PM   #28

I bought my Force at MHS in Alvarado I live in Arizona and had a few issues that were taken care of by the local dealer and there was never a question as to where I bought it.
rkweber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 02:36 PM   #29

I purchased my Isata 3 about 400 miles from my home as I couldn't find what I wanted closer. I knew there would be frustration trying to get other dealerships to work on it and actually drove all the way back to the selling dealer for one problem that they took care of immediately. Surprisingly they reimbursed me for gas and a one night stay at an RV Park.

One problem I had on the seat restraint wiring in the drivers seat was fixed at a Mercedes Benz Dealer who promptly told me I would have to pay for the repair as it was not a Chassis defect but caused by the RV Conversion. After paying for it, I contacted Dynamax and they promptly reimbursed me the $162 that I paid.

I trust Dynamax and have had very good dealings with them for the few problems I have had. Several times they have sent me parts at no charge or shipping.

I still find it surprisingly that a GM of a company takes the time to read and comment on a forum and get personally involved in customers issues. I wish there were more professionals like that.
USN-RET/DOD-RET
mlmay12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 02:47 PM   #30

For a dealer, warranty work is their lowest earning rate, and possibly is a money loser (depending on what FR reimburses, and what the dealer's employees cost per hour). Since there is no regulation (and probably no dealer contract) requiring warranty work to be done first, or in any particular order, what do you expect from a dealer? The dealer has to eat, and so does their staff. That is why BC's statement about using non dealer's for warranty, some without even having to go through reimbursement, is EXCELLENT in policy and does work.

Since we can all shop around instantly, dealer's cannot count on their sale profit to fund warranty service pay rates. I would say FR should increase their pay back rate, but when independents are more than willing to take what FR offers (I have no idea what that rate is), there is no good reason for FR to pay more.

I did not want to pay more for my unit that I could negotiate, even if paying more meant I might get favored treatment in the service queue. In my case, I had a price in mind, given what I could get from one of the big "online" dealers, and the local-ish dealer got close enough to get my sale.
Old 01-24-2018, 03:30 PM   #31

It has all been said here, but my dealer is too far to service our unit. I have been going to a FR authorized dealer. They do a good job for me. Didnt have to take our Force in except for three times over a three year period.
Old 01-24-2018, 03:56 PM   #32

RVRandy.... Thanks for showing all of that in your post. I have never seen that posted in writing before. To me that is very important information and a major point in my buying whether it be cars, trucks or motorhomes. I understand Forest River dealers " can " do the warranty work but clearly does not mean they " have " to do the work. I understand other Dynamax dealers " can " do warranty work but clearly shows they do not have to.

I have been told by 2 dealers NO we will not do it. I talked to another dealer today who said they would do the work but it would have to fall in behind their customers first which could make the work be delayed for a while. Now for me some things can wait to be fixed and some can not wait till off season to be fixed. It would royally suck for something to happen in April and cant get fixed till October.

Now with all of this said, this is not a knock against Dynamax Corp. This is just the industry as a whole and I actually understand their thinking. If a dealer sales me a coach then I expect them to take care of it fully. Not putting me ahead of anybody but not delayed either. They actually should show customer loyalty and I am all for it.

My original start to this thread was I did not know this and had never really thought of it. I sure had never seen it in writing before. Its all good with me now that I understand more of how the industry works.
The Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 04:41 PM   #33

Just .02 cents.
I bought our Dynamax DX3 from local dealer 300 miles away.
I had some needed warranty work that was relatively easy to deal with but had some items that were not working properly and very inconvenient.
Took it to the dealer. He did not have the parts on hand. 3 month wait to get in due to shop back log. The unit was capable of being moved and lived in but not right.
Next planned work slot was another 2 months out. I took unit home and started troubleshooting the issues. Found that actual cause was quite simple. Contacted Mr. Clemens with a reasonable solution that he agreed with and I ordered the parts necessary to accomplish. Installed the parts myself and resolved all of the issues I had. Sent the invoice for the parts and Dynamax reimbursed. No questions asked.

I guess my real point here is that even if you have to have a 3rd party accomplish some warranty work contact Dynamax customer service. These guys and Brian the GM are wonderful to work with. You will be taken care of!

The Dynamax product is a wonderful product with great people to work with.

Happy Camping

Old 01-24-2018, 05:36 PM   #34

Dynamax Force warranty

There are several issues in play here:
1.Depending on the problem you will be dealing with:
A. Dynamax for “box” issues...i.e. the coach and it’s construction.
B. Cummins for engine work
C. Freightliner for chassis work..brakes, transmission, alignment.
Examples:
On my 2015 Force 37BH the water input to the water tank was never hooked up so water flooded the rear bedroom and required a trip to the factory for rebuilding. Dynamax farmed that out to a company right across the street from the factory...took a month.
The brake equalization valve, after 8000 miles, failed and made a horrendous
squeaking/squealing noise every time I stepped on the brakes. Tampa Freightliner fixed that but you don’t ever want to go there...terrible people. I had to get Freightliner corporate after them to do it right.
Cummins for fuel starvation due to faulty between the tanks plumbing. Most straight Cummins shops are ok...most.
A word of advice..accept the motor home but, as wisely stated in this Forum, ONLY after you spend a few days in the dealers rv spot. Those days take the rv out and drive it HARD! Hit hard bumps in the road; load up the generator with every circuit ON in the rv, run everything HARD!, fill up every tank, turn on every light,
run the microwave, turn the refrigerator to as low as it will go, run the ice maker full bore...you get the idea. These are, relatively speaking, complicated machines and they ARE going to break. Make absolutely sure you have Coach-Net or one of the other towing/roadside service plans (buy the best plan) because you are going to need it eventually and towing bills will run into the thousands of dollars for any distance. Get the towing plan before you ever leave the dealer lot!
Run the leveling gear at least twice a day both in manual and automatic. Run the slides in and out multiple times. My 37BH had to have major work done on the drivers side slide underside due to lousy construction and materials...
Remember...these rv’s are built to a price point...not to be confused with $2 million Prevost coaches. You ARE going to have breakdowns, equipment that fails, poor workmanship here and there, etc. Dynamax can authorize warranty service just about anywhere if required. However, you will have to push them..nicely at first unless they are being unreasonable or asking you to drive the coach in an unsafe condition. When you are on the road...carry water, food and such so that you can camp by the side of the road if necessary when broken down.
I like my 2015 Dynamax Force 37BH...but it has been a struggle now and then so expect issues and be prepared. Using ones Rv for serious travel is a fantastic
lifestyle...just be aware that it is going to break.

Jim
Jetjockey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 05:54 PM   #35

Your first warranty, and it is lifetime, on the unit, is in places like this. Ask away, and folks will share. If small, and.or you are handy, you can DIY. If large, or you are not hand/interested in making the fix, there are plenty here who can and will give solid advice for an expedient and proper solution. For FR, BC will come through, even if it is to steer you to someone else.

I know, from some very trying (my fault, not FR's) experiences.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:45 PM   #36

My case and point JetJocky. A friend of mine says he loves his coach but takes a trip out west every year. Says he has never made it there and back without something going wrong. He has a 40 Newmar dutchstar. On the road you deal with what you have to but if it can make it home and I can’t warranty work done, that would frustrate me.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:25 PM   #37

Since everyone else is telling stories, I’ll tell mine. First time owner. We decided to travel 3 1/2 hours to buy our 2018 Isata 5DS. We traveled not only because it was the closest coach, but also because the dealer, Adventure Motorhomes in S.C. had great reviews (which we thought was very important). So far, the quality of our Dynamax, this forum and the service we have received from the company have been exceptional. The few issues that have popped up in which I could DIY, the warranty department sent me the parts promptly at no cost (all communications with the company, either by email or phone are alway pleasant). The one issue I had to take to a local repair shop, we decided to pay and ask Dynamax for reimbursement. Which they did in full. Our coach is now at the dealer getting our small list of warranty issues taken care of. (We have learned that this is a rolling house, so yes there will be issues no matter how well your coach is built). Buying a Dynamax, I will reiterate what my wife says, “I think we got it right the first time”.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:03 PM   #38

Good for you and your wife on your coach. I can only hope that I can say that after I can find what I want. The best part was you got it right the first time. Congrats for sure on that.. Hope all continues well for you
Old 01-25-2018, 01:39 AM   #39

Warranty aside, an issue I encountered in having my DX3 serviced has been RVDA-RVIA Master Certified Technicians’ lack of familiarity with the design of the Super C DX3. It was better that they admitted to a lack of familiarity with the design and refused to service the DX3 than to work on it without knowing what they are doing.

Thebackpacker
2016 DX3
Thebackpacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 02:48 AM   #40

It is my understanding that factory will cover the parts and labor but will not pay the service call fee of mobile repair companies.