Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2018, 10:02 PM   #1

Trying To Buy A Dynamax Force But Having Troubles

Hello guys. I am new here but have a major question and new the forums is best place for help.

Where I live there are a couple of Dynamax dealers within 100-200 miles but they do not carry or deal with Super C's. Therefore I stretched out search to nationwide. We found what we wanted and put a deposit down on it. The coach is in Texas. I am 14 hrs from Texas but was going to make the drive to pick it up.

I emailed the factory and asked them if other Dynamax dealers would still be responsible for and take care of warranty and service issues. I got the of course answer which I would have thought.

Now we all know that warranty issues are going to happen. We all know service needs to be done. We all know we need someone good to take care of this. Something kept bugging me about this so I looked up some Dynamax dealers within reasonable distance to travel to do these things and called them today. I asked them if they would take care of my warranty issues if I did not buy from them.

1) The first one said only in the off-season but not during busy times.
2) Another said no they did not work on Super C's at all.
3) Another one said not unless I was passing through and needed to get back on the road but would when they had time to work it in with an extra diagnostic charge because I didn't get it from them.

Now all of this is fine with me but none of them even stock the Super C's but offered to order me one. Ok there is one in Texas and I dont want to wait 4-5 months ordering one when there is one I can get now. Also can they match the price I got in Texas?

I purchased an extended warranty with this coach but if I can not get warranty work done then it does me no good. I plan on calling the factory back tomorrow and tell them what I am running in to but even if they call these other dealerships Im sure it will make them mad and would be hesitant to take to them.

I only put a deposit down on the coach and I have a appt. to pick it up but this is causing me to think of backing out and looking for another brand to deal with warranty issues. Please give me any thoughts you might have to help out.. Thanks for reading
The Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 10:17 PM   #2

Independent mobile RV repair men may be able to provide you service under warranty. We left for vacation a few summers ago and the next day our A/C went out. (TT was three months old). We found a mobile repair man in the vicinity who called the manufacturer for authorization and he had a new A/C installed within an hour. We were on our way and experienced 100 degree temperatures where we traveled, so we really needed that A/C. Our vacation could have been ruined, but thanks to the mobile guy, we were well taken care of.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 10:24 PM   #3

That was an option that was brought up with the dealer that said they would do the work in the offseason. They suggested a guy but then said he would not do warranty work. Now I may be able to find another one but sure is disappointing to have to go this route.

My wife is really disappointed because this has been a long search and research and finally settle on a coach. Now almost back to square 1... Maybe tomorrow some good news will come up...
Old 01-23-2018, 10:30 PM   #4
Retired Army Paratrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
Hello guys. I am new here but have a major question and new the forums is best place for help.

Where I live there are a couple of Dynamax dealers within 100-200 miles but they do not carry or deal with Super C's. Therefore I stretched out search to nationwide. We found what we wanted and put a deposit down on it. The coach is in Texas. I am 14 hrs from Texas but was going to make the drive to pick it up.

I emailed the factory and asked them if other Dynamax dealers would still be responsible for and take care of warranty and service issues. I got the of course answer which I would have thought.

Now we all know that warranty issues are going to happen. We all know service needs to be done. We all know we need someone good to take care of this. Something kept bugging me about this so I looked up some Dynamax dealers within reasonable distance to travel to do these things and called them today. I asked them if they would take care of my warranty issues if I did not buy from them.

1) The first one said only in the off-season but not during busy times.
2) Another said no they did not work on Super C's at all.
3) Another one said not unless I was passing through and needed to get back on the road but would when they had time to work it in with an extra diagnostic charge because I didn't get it from them.

Now all of this is fine with me but none of them even stock the Super C's but offered to order me one. Ok there is one in Texas and I dont want to wait 4-5 months ordering one when there is one I can get now. Also can they match the price I got in Texas?

I purchased an extended warranty with this coach but if I can not get warranty work done then it does me no good. I plan on calling the factory back tomorrow and tell them what I am running in to but even if they call these other dealerships Im sure it will make them mad and would be hesitant to take to them.

I only put a deposit down on the coach and I have a appt. to pick it up but this is causing me to think of backing out and looking for another brand to deal with warranty issues. Please give me any thoughts you might have to help out.. Thanks for reading
I am not sure where you are located but I would like to give you my 2 cents because I had some of the same concerns.

First off, you are purchasing a high quality unit that is well built and loaded with great equipment. Things are going to happen that you will need to have fixed, but for the most part everything will work with no problems. We live in Alabama and purchased ours Force HD in North Carolina. Our dealer was excellent and will do any work we need done when we are in the area. Of course things normally break when your away. Most all dealers will work with you to get you back on the road if your traveling. I went to my local dealer after my purchase and got to know them and they understood why I purchased where I did, but they have been more than happy to work on it when I needed it. It is hard to pass up working on such a nice rig for most of them. As for dealers telling you they don't work on Super C's you have to take with a grain of salt. Your Freightliner is covered by Freightliner warranty and the RV dealers are not going to work on it anyway. Any work needing to be done on anything else is pretty much standard and they can and will work on them.

Hope that this helps some. Always go with your gut, but at the same time it is easier for them to give you a safe answer than to commit to you.

Happy Camping
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 10:37 PM   #5

Thanks for the info. All very good info to know and I understand what you are saying. Can I ask what dealer in NC? I have not found one that even stocks a Super C.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:39 PM   #6

I bought mine from MHS in Alvarado, TX. After delivery spend a day or two at their full hookups. Any problems will be fixed immediately on site. My Aqua-hot failed 1200 miles from the dealer. Called Aqua-hot and a mobile repair truck drove to my site and replaced a failed part. Chassis problems are handled by Freightliner anyhow. Any other problems can be repaired by an Independent shop with a Certified tech yauthorized by Dynamax.
The point is that there is no problem. My nearest dealer is about 300 miles from me. I would never go to them with so many better options.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 10:42 PM   #7
Retired Army Paratrooper

Quote:
Thanks for the info. All very good info to know and I understand what you are saying. Can I ask what dealer in NC? I have not found one that even stocks a Super C.
Carolina Coach and Marine
https://www.carolinacoach.com/
Salesman (Matt)
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 10:47 PM   #8
Commercial Member

First choice would be a local Dynamax dealer as they are most familiar with the product. 2nd choice would be a local Forest River dealer. An RV is an RV and I get calls daily from dealers that do not handle Dynamax, but a local customer called, made an appointment and got the coach in. So the dealer called for advice, or info or questions about procedure. Works great. 3rd would be a service only location. If they do not have a Forest River account, you would need to pay for the repair and we would reimburse. This comes with an asterisk. This does not mean a blank check. We will pay a more than fair amount in this case, since they are doing us a favor, but we won't be fleeced. If the dealer calls ahead and communicates, we will give them an acceptable rate, we rarely have issues with this.

I did have an issue one time, where we said we would cover a radio swap. Customer bought the radio from the dealer for way more than it should have been and then the dealer charged 8 hours of labor. 8 hours...to swap a radio.

If you call up any selling dealer for service and expect to get in the next day...you will probably be disappointed with any brand. Even cars have a wait right now for service at selling dealerships.

In the end...we have never gone wrong with a little patience and communication.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 11:35 PM   #9

Thank you Mr. Clemens for responding. Please do not think I am upset with the brand or expecting too much. My wife loves the Dynamax coach and is really set on it. I know I have to take care of it and it falls on me when things go wrong.

Please dont think I expect to get things fixed the next day or overnight for that matter. The local Dynamax dealers are telling me they do not or will not work on it or only work on it in the offseason if I did not buy from them. I did not think of contacting a Forest River dealership and only did searches on listed Dynamax dealers.

I will try my best to work this out before giving up. The quality and size of this coach is perfect for us. I will contact Manufacturer tomorrow to see if we can come up with a game plan.

Thank you again sir for responding...
Old 01-24-2018, 01:51 AM   #10

The wife and I were reading through the comments and suggestions from Mr. Clemmons and we found one to be odd coming from the GM to a customer fixing to pay almost 200,000 for a motorhome. The suggestion of me paying for the warranty work myself and being reimbursed by the company as long as they charged correctly seems odd to me. I mean I am the one paying out, looking for someone to do my warranty work, trying to find a dealer and being told no on the warranty part is confusing to me. I would understand if this was a bicycle or something like that but a 200,000 dollar motorhome?

These are issues I feel need to be addressed and fixed before the purchase and not later. Sounds like later in this deal could be too late. This may have been the answer we didn't want to hear and point us in another direction entirely. Kinda shocked at that replay frankly.

Anybody else see this as kinda odd or is it just me? To me it seems it is my job to find the coach, buy it and pay for it which this is a cash deal. And it should be the manufacturers job to help line up warranty work on their coach they are selling .

Please this and feel free to tell me what you think? i think now that i have had time to let it absorb into my exhausted brain, it should not be a battle to get warranty work and someone to trust and know that they have us covered.

If not changing option night be a better ideq to go with a different name brand all together.I guess we will decide on on it tomorrow after maybe getting more clarification on wha to do.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:48 AM   #11

Quote:
The wife and I were reading through the comments and suggestions from Mr. Clemmons and we found one to be odd coming from the GM to a customer fixing to pay almost 200,000 for a motorhome. The suggestion of me paying for the warranty work myself and being reimbursed by the company as long as they charged correctly seems odd to me. I mean I am the one paying out, looking for someone to do my warranty work, trying to find a dealer and being told no on the warranty part is confusing to me. I would understand if this was a bicycle or something like that but a 200,000 dollar motorhome?

These are issues I feel need to be addressed and fixed before the purchase and not later. Sounds like later in this deal could be too late. This may have been the answer we didn't want to hear and point us in another direction entirely. Kinda shocked at that replay frankly.

Anybody else see this as kinda odd or is it just me? To me it seems it is my job to find the coach, buy it and pay for it which this is a cash deal. And it should be the manufacturers job to help line up warranty work on their coach they are selling .

Please this and feel free to tell me what you think? i think now that i have had time to let it absorb into my exhausted brain, it should not be a battle to get warranty work and someone to trust and know that they have us covered.

If not changing option night be a better ideq to go with a different name brand all together.I guess we will decide on on it tomorrow after maybe getting more clarification on wha to do.
That is ridiculous! Ferrari... won't let KIA do warranty work either.

Forgive me being a S.A. but their policy sounds right in line with other manufactures with a limited dealer network and I would be very surprised if you find another manufacturer with a 'better' policy.

Mercedes, BMW, Ford, GM, etc...have the same policy. (Ferrari does not...My boss had to ship his $300,000 car to an approved warranty dealer for minor warranty work at the cost of $600 one way.).
Old 01-24-2018, 07:10 AM   #12

If you continue with the deal at MHS in TX, plan to stay several days in their full hookup sites and give your new unit a full shake down. I bought my Isata 3 at MHS and stayed two days. They have lots of techs who came and addressed any concerns. I live about 200 miles from MHS and they are my closest dealer, but I have an RV repair only shop about 1/4 mile from my house and they service all the major components under warranty.

When you think about it, RVs are just a lot of components assembled on a third party chassis. Your chassis will be serviced by Freightliner. I can take my Mercedes chassis to Freightliner as well. I have had my unit since May 2017 and have zero warranty issues.

If I ever have a major issue, I would drive to the factory for service based on the outstanding reports posted. I don’t think you will find any brand as willing to stand behind their product like Dynamax. That’s why they offer a two year warranty when most others only have a one year warranty.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:33 AM   #13

Just to add my 2 cents here: This is my third Forest River product and my
first Dynamax product. I don't think you will find any support much better that Dynamax. they have shipped me parts overnight to get back on the road, and will go out of their way to help you out. Look at it this way:
Do you think if you took a ford product to a chev dealer for warranty work that they would do it? I doubt it.
Dynamax's factory after care is one that I don't think can be beat. I would not hesitate to buy another Dynamax and I think you will be pleasantly
surprised and BTW, where else would you find a factory GM on the forum ready to help out with any questions, problems, or concerns? No where!
You will not be disappointed and I think others on here will say the same.
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 08:09 AM   #14
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Quote:
That was an option that was brought up with the dealer that said they would do the work in the offseason. They suggested a guy but then said he would not do warranty work. Now I may be able to find another one but sure is disappointing to have to go this route.

My wife is really disappointed because this has been a long search and research and finally settle on a coach. Now almost back to square 1... Maybe tomorrow some good news will come up...
Have you tried the dealer here Lawrenceville GA. It's National indoor RV centers and they carry a wide range of coaches you are looking for in the super C . Contact Dave Kobos at 770-679-7160. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 08:27 AM   #15

I doubt that if you bought a Prevost and broke down while on a trip in the Middle of Nowhere that any Repair Facility would Repair it just on Prevost saying "Yes go ahead,The Check will be in the Mail"! Forest River is as Fair as Anyone in regards to Warranty treatment! Youroo!!
Old 01-24-2018, 08:35 AM   #16

Buying a motorhome far away from your home is NOT an unusual situation. We bought our Allegro Bus in Washington State, live in Iowa and had issues fixed at the factory in Red Bay, Al. As you are finding out, manufacturers of large expensive motorhomes have a limited amount of Dealers sprinkled around the country and not in every moderate sized city. And yes, there is a Freightliner dealer close to us and they will perform warranty work on your chassis.
What your experiencing is pretty normal and should not be a "show stopper" for you. Bottom line, it is what it is when you enter the world of top tier motorhome ownership, either go with it or forget the top end units and buy a mid priced unit locally that will have more Dealers nationwide. I might add, you may still find limitations on the dealer you didn't buy from being willing to work on your mid- priced unit.
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
11 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 08:40 AM   #17

I'm on my 7th motor home over 40 years and Dynamax is by far the best company I've ever worked with on warranty issues. I live in Ohio and purchased my Isata 3 at MHS in Alvarado TX. The few issues I've had have been taken care of promptly and professionally. Buy it, you won't be disappointed.
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 08:58 AM   #18

Thanks everybody for responding to the thread. All of these are great points and well appreciated. I know the Dynamax is a great coach. I have researched till my head hurts. Its easy to see the difference in quality as soon as you see one. Thats why we chose it and want to purchase. I guess I took the you pay for warranty work and we will reimburse you the wrong way.

I guess what he was saying was we will get it took care of and do whatever it takes to get me fixed. Now that I actually wrote what I just said it sounds a lot better now. I guess stress adding to this some. This is our first motorhome and really want to get it right for the wife. She is really excited about this and just trying to cover all my bases.

Thanks again for all the help...
Old 01-24-2018, 11:24 AM   #19
Commercial Member

I'm glad to see all the responses. It is interesting, yes, from your previous post how a "positive thing" can be construed as a negative thing...but its all about perspective, and we all look at this from a different one.

You are correct. My intent was to show you that you had options. For some manufactures they will ONLY let you take it to an authorized service center. That protects the dealers in that they get the service work and make the money. While this policy may have been good in the past, with so many dealers overwhelmed...our NUMBER ONE priority is trying to reduce frustration and inconvenience.

So yes, we say that you would need to pay up front...simply because most places will not let the coach leave without payment and we are not set up to cut a check instantly to a dealer that is not in our network. We have some customers that simply have a shop local to them that they trust and have a relationship with. They always pay up front and we reimburse. Other manufacturers will not allow that.

Every now and then I do get a customer that is outraged that they have to pay up front...but once we explain why, they're normally OK with it. The only time it is an issue is when we are not called, the customer has parts overnighted, mobile service expedited, "money is no object" and then expects us to pay that. Theeeeen, we might have a disagreement.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 12:47 PM   #20

I am understanding fully and can’t disagree at all. I have talked to the manufacturer this morning and the lady I talked to put me right in touch with our area rep who was a super guy to talk to. He answered all questions and gave me great advice.

I am more impressed so far with the owners group here on the forum and the customer service I have gotten from dynamax and do not even have a coach yet. I think from all of this it would be a shame for me not to buy a dynamax product .

Where else would the GM answer questions on a forum and I be put in contact with reps within minutes. So impressed and grateful.

Thanks guys and Mr. Clemens for all the help and info. Also the east coast rep.