Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2018, 03:41 PM   #1

TV sound output?

I have black speakers in the ceiling, how can I get the TV sound through them. I have the RCA cables hooked up, HDMI 1, and coax. I have the TV set on audio mode Stereo, TV speakers disabled. No sound. Is there something that turns on the external speakers? Does the Samsung Blu-ray have anything to do with the sound? It’s on and volume is set at 22. Sound does work on the TV speakers. I’m on OTA and have channels. I know this is operator error. Please help. 😊
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 04:45 PM   #2

Another 2019 I5DS

Thank you Casey! I bought mine a month after Casey and reading his problems and they are mine too.

I think the speakers worked once- it seemed louder and I thought I could feel them vibrate. But not sure what I did.

Last weekend camping I was intending to go through TV Stereo system- haven't tested bedroom or outside TV's other then DVD's. So planed some testing; but charger/inverter issues stopped everything.
Wrangler4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 06:05 PM   #3

TV sound output?

The TV Audio Out is connected to the dash head unit Auxiliary In. Issue is you must have the ignition turned to Accessory to have the Head Unit turned on. So I added a switch to the dash to allow me to power the head unit from the house or chassis batteries.
Now some of the newer units have surround systems installed which may change this altogether.
Hope this helps.
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 06:21 PM   #4

Just go get a computer 30 dollar amplifier, with the little base speaker and two side stereo speakers. Plug it into the earphone jack of your TV. My base speaker was just small enough that it fit in the cabinet above the TV> the two smaller speakers, I velcrowed in the shelf below the TV. McGyver it make it work. That little system will blow me out of the trailer.
Lee Pedrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 07:10 PM   #5

Yep the newer ones goes through the Samsung blu ray player, also the surround sound. Change the input until you het tv or blu ray etc
Old 10-15-2018, 07:17 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
Yep the newer ones goes through the Samsung blu ray player, also the surround sound. Change the input until you het tv or blu ray etc
Change the input on the TV? Or the Bluray?

I have TV set to 'Stereo' which is an output mode on the TV, it's connected to the RCA jacks. And I had the Blu ray on and volume set at 20. No sound.
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 10-15-2018, 07:26 PM   #7

Input on bluray to get sound
Old 10-15-2018, 07:50 PM   #8

The Samsung has to be on AUX.
SusieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:38 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseymyers View Post
I have black speakers in the ceiling, how can I get the TV sound through them. I have the RCA cables hooked up, HDMI 1, and coax. I have the TV set on audio mode Stereo, TV speakers disabled. No sound. Is there something that turns on the external speakers? Does the Samsung Blu-ray have anything to do with the sound? It’s on and volume is set at 22. Sound does work on the TV speakers. I’m on OTA and have channels. I know this is operator error. Please help. 😊
Here is how I got mine to work: Hook the Blu Ray Player to the TV via HDMI. Connect the TV to the Jensen AMP with the supplied HDMI cable. Set the TV audio out to ARC (Auto Return Channel). Choose the TV input on the Jensen. You should be good to go.
Barch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:46 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieR View Post
The Samsung has to be on AUX.
The blue ray on AUX? How do you know when it is on anything, look in that little window that say Din?
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 10-15-2018, 09:00 PM   #11

Yes, on ours we put the Samsung on AUX. I have ours functioning with my DISH controller but I believe there is a function button on the Samsung remote. The front of the Samsung will have "AUX" lit on the front of the unit.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:01 PM   #12

Quote:
The blue ray on AUX? How do you know when it is on anything, look in that little window that say Din?
We have a 30FW. I'm not positive we have the same setup as yours.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:03 PM   #13

Quote:
We have a 30FW. I'm not positive we have the same setup as yours.
Thanks. So set the TV to Stereo and the Bluray to Aux. So when I watch TV I also have to turn on the Bluray each time just so I can get sound?
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 10-15-2018, 09:19 PM   #14

Yep. If you want the ceiling speakers on.
If my husband is asleep, I use the TV speaker so that the sound only comes from the front of the unit.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:35 PM   #15

Quote:
Yep. If you want the ceiling speakers on.
If my husband is asleep, I use the TV speaker so that the sound only comes from the front of the unit.
Thanks, but seems complicated that every time you turn on the TV you have to tell the TV where you want the sound to come out? Can you tell I'm not an audiophile?

Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 10-15-2018, 09:48 PM   #16

Quote:
Thanks, but seems complicated that every time you turn on the TV you have to tell the TV where you want the sound to come out? Can you tell I'm not an audiophile?

You should have seen our old home setup...lol. I thought my husband was going to take a sledge hammer to it. Luckily programmable remotes have saved the day! [emoji16]
Old 10-16-2018, 09:06 AM   #17
Commercial Member

Just be careful.....as three others have chimed in with suggestions and we're talking about 3 different units.

The Isata 5 is different than the Isata 3 and the M2 Trucks. (although the M2 trucks are closest to the Isata 5).

I think Susie has you on the right track.

If you want to just watch TV, easy peasy. Turn on the TV. If you want a better sound experience, just like at home, you need to turn that device on as well.

We have been switching to soundbars as fast as we can, since it seems to be a simpler setup. But even then...you have to set up the TV remote to turn on the sound bar when you turn on the TV. Once that is done, you can just use the TV remote. Then turn OFF the TV speakers. So sound always come out of the soundbar no matter if it is TV or Blue-ray.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:22 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Just be careful.....as three others have chimed in with suggestions and we're talking about 3 different units.

The Isata 5 is different than the Isata 3 and the M2 Trucks. (although the M2 trucks are closest to the Isata 5).

I think Susie has you on the right track.

If you want to just watch TV, easy peasy. Turn on the TV. If you want a better sound experience, just like at home, you need to turn that device on as well.

We have been switching to soundbars as fast as we can, since it seems to be a simpler setup. But even then...you have to set up the TV remote to turn on the sound bar when you turn on the TV. Once that is done, you can just use the TV remote. Then turn OFF the TV speakers. So sound always come out of the soundbar no matter if it is TV or Blue-ray.
Agree Susie recommends is where I'm headed. I'm going over to the coach this morning to follow her advice plus I'm taking a TV savvy friend with me. I installed a new 50" TV in the entertainment center I'm building and maybe the Samsung Bluray doesn't know it's there yet. I like your sound bar solution, it is not only very simple, it works great. I did that at home and while it was complicated to get it paired with my Direct TV hand remote I now have great sound and it is auto paired with the TV and the remotes. But since you've installed all those speakers in my coach I want to enjoy that sound and have been wrestling with it for a few days now. Thanks for all the help and quick response.
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 10-16-2018, 01:56 PM   #19

My 2019 I5DS has a sound bar, Casey doesn't yours- assuming we have same Model and build.

The sound bar works pretty good; but since we have speakers in the ceiling I'd like to hear how they sound and maybe overpower the AC noise?
Wrangler4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 02:01 PM   #20
Commercial Member

The speakers in the ceiling are not actually hooked up as I recall.

Those are legacy from when we had the Samsung Theater in a box. The roof guys, just kept doing what they always do when we switched over to the sound bar.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote