Old 05-21-2019, 09:02 PM   #1
Travel Adventurer

Unique Cable TV Issue

This one has me scratching my already balding head. Have been using the Winegard air antennae until today without any issues. All good. At an RV park that has cable today. Hooked up, turned off the Winegard antenna, changed to cable on tv setup, did channel searches and all good on tv in living room and outside. TV in bedroom gets all fuzzy on picture with sound is there, but bad. But if I switch back to air antennae, bedroom tv is all good. I've checked the coax cable connection and its fine - as indicated by air antennae working. I've read through the Sansui TV manual and can get nothing on this issue. To repeat, all settings on the other two tvs (which are also Sansuis) are the same as the one in the bedroom. All three tvs work fine on air antennae, but when I switch to cable, the bedroom tv doesn't get reception. Anyone run into this? I've seen Brian Clemens post from 2017 referencing an over the air booster by the entry door panel, kitchen base. I can't find one. And in any event, I'm getting cable on 2 of my 3 tvs and the third tv gets over the air reception just fine. Weird. Until fixed we watch cable until one of us wants to watch in bed, when switch to air antennae and watch limited channels there. Such a struggle, I know, but frustrating.

The Former Taxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 09:27 PM   #2

Shut off the antenna amplifier... pushbutton switch with the green light on antenna switch... oops missed the turned off...

2014 Rockwood Ultralight 8312SS Diamond Edition
2016 F350 Lariat Ultimate Super Duty Crew Cab 4X4
Northern NJ - God Bless America!
dieselbobcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 09:32 PM   #3

Do you have a wall plate similar?

Old 05-22-2019, 07:06 AM   #4
Travel Adventurer

Yes, Winegard panel above slide out oanels in my I5 has Antennae power button off when using cable. Works for 2 tvs but not 3rd in BR. All tvs are sane brand and set up same way.
Old 05-22-2019, 07:34 AM   #5

On my Isata 3, the King antenna in the ceiling has a slide switch on the side of the housing to turn on/off the antenna so that outside cable will come through the coax.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	70713F64-BBEC-42B2-AE18-2769950516EA.jpeg
Views:	64
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	205194  
Old 05-22-2019, 08:02 AM   #6
Travel Adventurer

I have antennae turned off on my Winegard panel. I have experimented ss well with turning off Wifi power booster on Winegard control as well. All no go. Must be something in bedroom tv or coax running to that tv? Yet that tv gets antenna feed just fine. Just no cable feed.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:04 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Former Taxman View Post
I have antennae turned off on my Winegard panel. I have experimented ss well with turning off Wifi power booster on Winegard control as well. All no go. Must be something in bedroom tv or coax running to that tv? Yet that tv gets antenna feed just fine. Just no cable feed.
I agree that is odd. Cable and OTA antenna both use the same coax. So both should work just fine. Maybe find the splitter and try a new one.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:15 AM   #8

That is really strange....

You can eliminate a house wiring problem by jumpering from one of the working TV's with a coax jumper and an f-connector.... that will confirm if the issue is with the TV or the house wiring/bad splitter (w/o switching TV's around) Pull the feed to the TV from one of the other known good locations.

But sure does sound like you have an amplifier on somewhere in the mix.

Old 05-22-2019, 08:50 AM   #9
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman55 View Post
On my Isata 3, the King antenna in the ceiling has a slide switch on the side of the housing to turn on/off the antenna so that outside cable will come through the coax.
That is NOT actually a power button for the antenna. That is the on-off for the antenna signal meter (blue light). The actual power button for the antenna is on the Winegard plate located on the wall or entry base cabinet.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 10:21 AM   #10
Travel Adventurer

Hmmm. Will continue my search for that plate and blue light later today when back at the RV. Was not in cabinet on left after entry steps nor could I see in cabinet that accesses trash on right Thanks.

Tags
cable