Old 02-25-2019, 01:05 PM   #1

Unofficial 2019 Dynamax Offroading Event - Moab, UT

Looks like thereís enough interest in a Dynamax offroading event to get things rolling so here it goes.

Would like to invite any who are interested to Moab, UT to get offroad and spend some time around the campfire afterwards. The intent here is to gather a handful of Dynamax owners that want to get their Jeeps (or other offroad vehicles) off the asphalt and into some of that glorious red sand. Iíll be leading a group daily through some of the iconic trails Moab has to offer. Intent here is to make this a beginner friendly trip, so weíll start off easier and ramp up as the group desires. The great thing about Moab is that a large percentage of the trails are doable without much modification to a Jeep Wrangler. I do not expect to tackle any of the harder trails on this trip.

Iím going to be capping the attendance at 10-15 rigs for this one so as to keep things manageable on the trail with just myself. .

Dates: September 25, 2019 - September 29, 2019

Accomodations:
Spanish Trail RV Park - https://spanishtrailrvpark.com/

Iíve talked to the RV Park and they have blocked off a row for us, but will only hold it for the next couple of weeks. After that it's going to be first come first serve for RV park reservations. Unfortunately no group discounts. Mention the name Dynamax or my name when making your reservation to be put in the group.

The spots are all nice pull throughs, however theyíre not terribly long. Our rigs will fit, but any trailers will need to reserve a spot in their trailer storage (This is what Iím doing).

Once youíve booked your RV Site, please fill out the Registration Form here:
https://goo.gl/forms/3DYIz3knuFBFvfOv1

This is going to be a much more informal gathering for any that have attended other rallies. I most likely won't be chasing down sponsors, or putting formal gatherings together. However, I will post a list of trails with difficulties and reference materials for you to make an informed decision on whether youíre comfortable attending each day. The trails Iím leading will be the only organized events Iím planning, but thereís plenty of other sites to see in Moab if you decide to sit out for a day.

As far as difficulty goes, Iím going to aim to keep this open to anyone with a stock Jeep Wrangler. However a small lift and tire upgrade (Say 2Ē and 33s) would go a long way to making things more comfortable. Iíll be tweaking the trail list based on responses to the registration form so that I can gauge the speed at which weíll be covering ground. On a stock Jeep Iíll commit that weíll get you through, it just may take a little extra time and maybe a helping tug from somebody else in places. Regardless weíll start off easy and let everybody get a feel for things.

I also want to make this completely clear that this event, which will be attended by a group of Dynamax owners, has no affiliation with Dynamax or the Forest River Forums. Weíre all here and planning this, but there is no corporate involvement from anyone. Just a group of individuals getting together to enjoy the outdoors.

More info/details to come as I put it togetherÖ.

https://fourwhl.com - Traveling the country in our DX3 for the next year
FOURWHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 01:06 PM   #2

Reserved for trail list

Old 02-25-2019, 01:06 PM   #3

Reserved for some offroading tips

Old 02-25-2019, 06:48 PM   #4

Would a buggy ruin the vibe you’re going for here? If not, what’s the drive look like from the campground to the trailhead?
Old 02-25-2019, 07:11 PM   #5

That campground looks nice. A trip to Moab is definitely on my To Do List. This year will be tight as I've got 4 trips planned for this summer. Hopefully you'll do a 2nd annual trip. You can definitely put us down for that one. You think a stock JL Rubicon would be okay?
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 07:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookieblaylock View Post
Would a buggy ruin the vibe youíre going for here? If not, whatís the drive look like from the campground to the trailhead?
Might get little bored but by all means would be welcome. Trails like Hells revenge are doable. By everyone and have some fun optional obstacles.

Theres definitely some road driving to do though. Most trails are within 15-20 min from town but its definitely more spread out than a park down south. If you're plated and have the bare minimums like brake lights and such they wont bother you.

Old 02-25-2019, 07:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shultz01 View Post
That campground looks nice. A trip to Moab is definitely on my To Do List. This year will be tight as I've got 4 trips planned for this summer. Hopefully you'll do a 2nd annual trip. You can definitely put us down for that one. You think a stock JL Rubicon would be okay?
Definitely can see plenty in a stock JL. Tire upgrades just open more up and make things more comfortable.

Next year is still very up in the air for us but going to try to make EJS 2020 so possibly something before or after that.

Old 02-25-2019, 07:27 PM   #8

Ok, we are in, will make reservations for a few days early so we can also tour arches & canyonlands while in the area. How long are the sites in the row they are putting us in?
CSWVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 07:29 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
Might get little bored but by all means would be welcome. Trails like Hells revenge are doable. By everyone and have some fun optional obstacles.

Theres definitely some road driving to do though. Most trails are within 15-20 min from town but its definitely more spread out than a park down south. If you're plated and have the bare minimums like brake lights and such they wont bother you.
Cool. Itís tagged and legal in MS...just never wheeled it in UT and wasnít sure if theyíd recognize MS registration etc. Iíve got brake lights, turn signals, etc, but no fenders. 15-20 minutes is doable...
mookieblaylock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 07:32 PM   #10

Ah yeah you'll see buggies of all sorts driving around town. You'll be fine. I'll be sure to mention distances as I post the trail list

Old 02-25-2019, 09:08 PM   #11

This is going to be fun - I'm registered!
Old 02-25-2019, 09:08 PM   #12

I booked the RV park on line so I'll have to call them and tell them I'm with your group, otherwise I'm in site 401.
Days camped in I5 2019 = 62
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 09:29 PM   #13

I'm in site 206 - I registered online and noted that I was in the Dynamax group. I'm not sure if they are going to group us all together or not.
Old 02-25-2019, 09:32 PM   #14

Checking our schedule.....

2015 Jeep Wrangler JKU toad
Slolane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 09:32 PM   #15

They had reserved the whole 300 line for us. I'm in 301. I'm sure if you guys call they'll move you over

Either that or I can call em once we have a list and get it all straightened out.

Old 02-25-2019, 09:51 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
They had reserved the whole 300 line for us. I'm in 301. I'm sure if you guys call they'll move you over

Either that or I can call em once we have a list and get it all straightened out.
I'm in 401 but I'm OK to move if you like, the site says if you have specific site preferences to call them, probably easier for you and the park to organize, cut down on the number of phone calls?
Old 02-25-2019, 10:55 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slolane View Post
Checking our schedule.....
Looks like we're in!

2015 Jeep Wrangler JKU toad
Slolane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 10:22 AM   #18

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
Aww this will be awesome!! Unfortunately we can't do it this year, moving most likely end of august, don't know how everything will go.

Would love to join in for the next one!!
Old 02-26-2019, 10:34 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgorving View Post
Aww this will be awesome!! Unfortunately we can't do it this year, moving most likely end of august, don't know how everything will go.

Would love to join in for the next one!!

If this goes well maybe it'll become an annual event, might even get BC out on the trails next year?
Old 02-26-2019, 10:50 AM   #20

Arrow

Registered, site #306, online form filled out, ready to go.

CSWVK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent