Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2018, 10:05 AM   #1

UVWR info available?

Am I missing something? I can find lots of info on the GVWR and GCWR of a given make/model, but I can't seem to find any specs on where a given model typically starts before any additional items are loaded (UVWR). This would seem like very useful information to have in the buying process, but it does not seem to be in any of the brochures and the one sales guy I talked to was not aware of the unloaded weights either.

I understand that options and layout would impact the weight greatly.. but besides pulling it onto a scale...is there any general unloaded weight information available. Maybe I'm just missing it.
wfo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 10:17 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfo9 View Post
Am I missing something? I can find lots of info on the GVWR and GCWR of a given make/model, but I can't seem to find any specs on where a given model typically starts before any additional items are loaded (UVWR). This would seem like very useful information to have in the buying process, but it does not seem to be in any of the brochures and the one sales guy I talked to was not aware of the unloaded weights either.

I understand that options and layout would impact the weight greatly.. but besides pulling it onto a scale...is there any general unloaded weight information available. Maybe I'm just missing it.
If you're talking about the RV, there should be a sticker in the door jam that shows the exact empty/dry weight of the rig as it came out of the factory. Here's ours from our CC36CK2 - its' pretty darn close to the factory spec sheet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180618_104144.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	176496  

Gsykora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 10:22 AM   #3

I haven't had a lot of luck either. Sometimes you can find curb weight online. Or if you can find the payload, you can back into curb weight by subtracting the payload from GVW.
good luck.

edit: i was thinking TV
MillMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 12:24 PM   #4
Commercial Member

The weights are all over the board depending on options. For instance...what do I put on the brochure? a 36DS with no options 4x2 or 36DS with all options and 4x4 for a worse case scenario? In the end....every vehicle is weighed, subtracted from the GVWR and CCC posted. Yellow sticker on the driver side jamb of the cab door in most cases.

Any particular model/brand you are looking for?

When you say "one sales guy"....dealer sales guy? All they would have to do is open a door and look.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 12:36 PM   #5

Like the mystical "dry" weight UVW is totally useless for all but a salesman to help sucker a unsuspecting buyer.
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 12:44 PM   #6

If you’re still looking at the M2 sized trucks I can at least tell you it’s not terribly important. You’ll have more CCC than you know what to do with. On my 37BH I want to say I’m around 24-26k empty with a GVWR of 33k.

More importantly when I was completely loaded up, with the Jeep on the trailer this was my weight. Plenty of room to add more crap if I can find some.

Obviously you’re mileage may vary but it’s at least a ballpark

Old 06-19-2018, 01:30 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
The weights are all over the board depending on options. For instance...what do I put on the brochure? a 36DS with no options 4x2 or 36DS with all options and 4x4 for a worse case scenario? In the end....every vehicle is weighed, subtracted from the GVWR and CCC posted. Yellow sticker on the driver side jamb of the cab door in most cases.

Any particular model/brand you are looking for?

When you say "one sales guy"....dealer sales guy? All they would have to do is open a door and look.
I'm mainly looking at the ForceHD/DX3 vs Verona LE.... The door jamb is easy enough and was just something I was missing.. I wish the salesmen would have known that as it should have been easy info for him to get.

In my experience with other things.. weight always matters in the end. So I just wanted to know where I was starting with on different models/options... I won't use unloaded weight as my deciding factor.... but I think it is valuable Intel when comparing floor-plans and options....
Old 06-19-2018, 02:27 PM   #8
Commercial Member

What THE brian said. If you're on an M2 truck...you would be hard pressed to use up all that capacity.

Average UVW on the Force is about 25,000 lbs
Average UVW on the DX3 is about 26,000 lbs

Old 06-19-2018, 02:52 PM   #9

Whoa whoa whoa just because you run the place that makes me the other Brian??!?

I’ve said it all my life... there are entirely too many Brians
Old 06-19-2018, 03:01 PM   #10
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
Whoa whoa whoa just because you run the place that makes me the other Brian??!?

I’ve said it all my life... there are entirely too many Brians
What in the world could you be talking about?

Old 06-19-2018, 03:41 PM   #11

Quote:
What THE brian said. If you're on an M2 truck...you would be hard pressed to use up all that capacity.

Average UVW on the Force is about 25,000 lbs
Average UVW on the DX3 is about 26,000 lbs
Thanks for the info.

My main thought was to use the info to decide if luxury/residential options were worth the weight... Things like full tile vs carpet in the bedroom. If the tile is 500lbs... might stick with carpet... Dumb example as the bed takes up most of the floor space, but you get the idea. I'll be checking the door jambs....
Old 06-19-2018, 06:50 PM   #12

Quote:
What in the world could you be talking about?
veerrrry clever
Old 06-20-2018, 01:46 PM   #13

I did get some info here from the dealer.

Two very similar optioned out, big difference being the aqua hot and other std features. 600lb difference. Less than 3%....

Force HD 36FK 23,994
-cab over bed
-Washer dryer
-solar
-tile in bedroom
-theater seats

DX3 36FK 24,594
-cab over bed
-Washer dryer
-All electric 400D aqua hot
-solar
-tile in bedroom
-theater seats
Old 06-20-2018, 11:12 PM   #14

[QUOTE=bclemens;1845286]The weights are all over the board depending on options. For instance...what do I put on the brochure? a 36DS with no options 4x2 or 36DS with all options and 4x4 for a worse case scenario? In the end....every vehicle is weighed, subtracted from the GVWR and CCC posted. Yellow sticker on the driver side jamb of the cab door in most cases.

I know you are tired of answering this question but the more I think I understand it the more age is creeping in and I feel confused:

So what is the GVWR of the I5 4x4 DS? Isn't the RAM weight rating or max capacity (GAWR) of 7,250 front axle and 13,500 rear axle, for total of 20,750 lbs? Isn't 20,750 the most my coach can weigh with all it's stuff and all the fluids and people, everything? So if I don't weigh more than 20,750 lbs I'm OK and within the RAM axle weight ratings? My sticker says 'Dry Weight 17,656' lbs. with a CCC of 606 lbs.
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 07:58 AM   #15
Commercial Member

No...axle rating is axle rating, does not really dictate GVWR.

GVWR for the Ram 5500 is 19,500lbs.

What sticker are you lookin at??? I'm looking at the photo copy of your sticker and it says the CCC is 1396.

I know they have weighed a few and forgot to take out the fresh water....but I think we caught those as I know what the weights should be.

Even a dry weight of 17,656...for the CCC you would only add the fuel tank and the propane tank. Which would leave more than 606.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:34 AM   #16

Quote:
No...axle rating is axle rating, does not really dictate GVWR.

GVWR for the Ram 5500 is 19,500lbs.

What sticker are you lookin at??? I'm looking at the photo copy of your sticker and it says the CCC is 1396.

I know they have weighed a few and forgot to take out the fresh water....but I think we caught those as I know what the weights should be.

Even a dry weight of 17,656...for the CCC you would only add the fuel tank and the propane tank. Which would leave more than 606.
So the most I can weigh is 19,500 lbs? Mine has a full tank of water, don't know if you did that or the dealer filled it, maybe you all weighed it with the water in? The propane tank was full.

I weighed in at 7,040 front, 12,200 rear, that's with me on board and most everything I travel with.

Here are the only stickers on the door jam that have weight, the yellow one says I have a CCC of 275kg:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0499.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	422.3 KB
ID:	176746   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0501.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	456.9 KB
ID:	176747  
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 06-21-2018, 08:40 AM   #17
Commercial Member

That is correct. 19,500 is the most you can weigh. It looks like if you are loaded, you are good. That is the Canadian sticker...both the US and Canada should be on there somewhere. Canada, they list the CCC WITH a full tank of water already. The US CCC is without fresh water. I typically only travel with half tank, fill when I get to the site.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	weight sticker.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	176748  

Old 06-21-2018, 12:09 PM   #18

Quote:
That is correct. 19,500 is the most you can weigh. It looks like if you are loaded, you are good. That is the Canadian sticker...both the US and Canada should be on there somewhere. Canada, they list the CCC WITH a full tank of water already. The US CCC is without fresh water. I typically only travel with half tank, fill when I get to the site.
I can't find that sticker on the left but I do have the white one on the right. And keep it under 19,500 lbs. Not a problem.
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 06-22-2018, 12:47 AM   #19

Found it. Joe pointed it out to me, it's on the coach door. 1,396 CCC. Like I said I'm going to load for this trip then go to the scales.

Days camped 2021 = 25