Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2018, 10:05 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 59
UVWR info available?

Am I missing something? I can find lots of info on the GVWR and GCWR of a given make/model, but I can't seem to find any specs on where a given model typically starts before any additional items are loaded (UVWR). This would seem like very useful information to have in the buying process, but it does not seem to be in any of the brochures and the one sales guy I talked to was not aware of the unloaded weights either.

I understand that options and layout would impact the weight greatly.. but besides pulling it onto a scale...is there any general unloaded weight information available. Maybe I'm just missing it.
__________________

wfo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 10:17 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Gsykora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfo9 View Post
Am I missing something? I can find lots of info on the GVWR and GCWR of a given make/model, but I can't seem to find any specs on where a given model typically starts before any additional items are loaded (UVWR). This would seem like very useful information to have in the buying process, but it does not seem to be in any of the brochures and the one sales guy I talked to was not aware of the unloaded weights either.

I understand that options and layout would impact the weight greatly.. but besides pulling it onto a scale...is there any general unloaded weight information available. Maybe I'm just missing it.
If you're talking about the RV, there should be a sticker in the door jam that shows the exact empty/dry weight of the rig as it came out of the factory. Here's ours from our CC36CK2 - its' pretty darn close to the factory spec sheet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180618_104144.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	176496  
__________________

__________________
George & Nancy, Allen, Texas
2014 F350 CC, SRW, SB, Platinum Edition,11,500GVWR
2018 Cedar Creek 36CK2, 40ft 5in.
Gsykora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 10:22 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
MillMitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: MN
Posts: 399
I haven't had a lot of luck either. Sometimes you can find curb weight online. Or if you can find the payload, you can back into curb weight by subtracting the payload from GVW.
good luck.

edit: i was thinking TV
__________________
Mitch in MN
2018 Patriot (Grey Wolf) 23MK travel trailer
2011 Durango 5.7L and OEM tow package
MillMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 12:24 PM   #4
GM
 
bclemens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Elkhart, IN
Posts: 8,896
The weights are all over the board depending on options. For instance...what do I put on the brochure? a 36DS with no options 4x2 or 36DS with all options and 4x4 for a worse case scenario? In the end....every vehicle is weighed, subtracted from the GVWR and CCC posted. Yellow sticker on the driver side jamb of the cab door in most cases.

Any particular model/brand you are looking for?

When you say "one sales guy"....dealer sales guy? All they would have to do is open a door and look.
__________________
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 12:36 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,175
Like the mystical "dry" weight UVW is totally useless for all but a salesman to help sucker a unsuspecting buyer.
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 12:44 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
FOURWHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,326
If you’re still looking at the M2 sized trucks I can at least tell you it’s not terribly important. You’ll have more CCC than you know what to do with. On my 37BH I want to say I’m around 24-26k empty with a GVWR of 33k.

More importantly when I was completely loaded up, with the Jeep on the trailer this was my weight. Plenty of room to add more crap if I can find some.

Obviously you’re mileage may vary but it’s at least a ballpark

__________________
2016 Dynamax DX3 - Big Blue
FOURWHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 01:30 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
The weights are all over the board depending on options. For instance...what do I put on the brochure? a 36DS with no options 4x2 or 36DS with all options and 4x4 for a worse case scenario? In the end....every vehicle is weighed, subtracted from the GVWR and CCC posted. Yellow sticker on the driver side jamb of the cab door in most cases.

Any particular model/brand you are looking for?

When you say "one sales guy"....dealer sales guy? All they would have to do is open a door and look.
I'm mainly looking at the ForceHD/DX3 vs Verona LE.... The door jamb is easy enough and was just something I was missing.. I wish the salesmen would have known that as it should have been easy info for him to get.

In my experience with other things.. weight always matters in the end. So I just wanted to know where I was starting with on different models/options... I won't use unloaded weight as my deciding factor.... but I think it is valuable Intel when comparing floor-plans and options....
wfo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 02:27 PM   #8
GM
 
bclemens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Elkhart, IN
Posts: 8,896
What THE brian said. If you're on an M2 truck...you would be hard pressed to use up all that capacity.

Average UVW on the Force is about 25,000 lbs
Average UVW on the DX3 is about 26,000 lbs
__________________
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 02:52 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
FOURWHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,326
Whoa whoa whoa just because you run the place that makes me the other Brian??!?

Iíve said it all my life... there are entirely too many Brians
__________________
2016 Dynamax DX3 - Big Blue
FOURWHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 03:01 PM   #10
GM
 
bclemens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Elkhart, IN
Posts: 8,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
Whoa whoa whoa just because you run the place that makes me the other Brian??!?

Iíve said it all my life... there are entirely too many Brians
What in the world could you be talking about?
__________________

__________________
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 AM.