Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2018, 09:51 AM   #1

Video and Parking Brake Lockout

This is not for everyone and probably against the rules in some jurisdictions.

My Sony head unit has two AUX inputs. These are RCAs. The factory hooked up the red & white (Audio) from the TV (out) to AUX 2 (in). So anything watched on TV could be routed through the head unit and onto the ceiling speakers.

I used the red & white for AUX 1 (input) for my stand alone Sirius Sat radio.

Both of these AUX inputs have a yellow RCA (Video).

I have a Wally Dish receiver in the bunk area. I ran an RCA cable from the Wally out to the AUX 2 in. So whatever is being watched on the Dish receiver is now playing on the in dash screen. However this will only work when you are parked and the parking brake is set.

When the parking brake is set, ground is sent to the radio on a light green wire. When this wire sees ground video is displayed on the radio. When the parking brake is released ground is interrupted and the video is stopped.

To override this just ground the light green wire.

Might be useful to keep an eye on what teenage kids are watching or grandpa. I need my navigator next to me, not in the back watching Outlander.

Tags
lock, parking