Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2018, 09:49 PM   #1

Video streamer to TV in REV ?

After almost 2 years I got around to hooking up a Chromecast streamer to the TV in my 2017 REV RB.

FAILED.

First I hooked the Chromecast to the IRV radio HDMI port. My build sheet says I have an IRV 33 but label on the back of the radio shows IRV34. I tried all the combinations of settings for the TV and the IRV33. NOTHING. If I recall correctly one HDMI port on the TV showed the IRV logo but I didn’t see the YouTube video playing on my phone. The phone and Chromecast were connected.

BTW, also no sound from the TV to the speakers connected to the IRV. Not a big deal for me because The TV speakers are fine for me.

I tried to attach the Chromecast into one of the TV HDMI ports but was not able to get my hand behind the TV and see my target at the same time.

What are the correct settings to play to TV from IRV, if this is possible?

If not then what do I have to do to get the TV away from the front cap to hook up directly to the TV? And then secure the TV back on the mount?

I don’t watch much TV so I am hoping to avoid a major project.

Thanks,

Bobby

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:39 AM   #2
Commercial Member

I have no more of the IRV sets to test....but if it has pass through HDMI, it would have to do with the source on the TV and or the IRV. Certainly the best way to to connect the Chromecast to the TV directly. I think on the REV, there was TRIM around the TV piece..if you take that off, you can see the screws that hold the plywood that the TV is mounted on. Due to the angle, I don't think we used a standard bracket. I'll have to check with engineering to be sure...maybe someone on here has one to check.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 10:52 AM   #3

For our REV 24RB, we have an Apple TV hooked up to an open HDMI slot directly to the TV. Was a pain finding the slot and jostling the cable, using our phone to snap a picture to get an idea on where the connection were, then blindly hooked up the cable correctly.

We are also interested in the type of bracket used to hang the TV, notably since we’d like to change out the TV to a more modern version (smart tv).
chfwiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:58 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I have no more of the IRV sets to test....but if it has pass through HDMI, it would have to do with the source on the TV and or the IRV. Certainly the best way to to connect the Chromecast to the TV directly. I think on the REV, there was TRIM around the TV piece..if you take that off, you can see the screws that hold the plywood that the TV is mounted on. Due to the angle, I don't think we used a standard bracket. I'll have to check with engineering to be sure...maybe someone on here has one to check.

No bracket around the TV. No plywood unless you mean the interior wall.

Using my phone, can’t see if photo has correct orientation.

Looks like TV is bolted to that bracket. I can’t quite get my hand in there. This may be a good reason to buy a bore scope. Or maybe some sort of rigid HDMI extension .

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3161.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	383.6 KB
ID:	168187

Old 04-14-2018, 01:25 PM   #5

Maybe one of these...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
After almost 2 years I got around to hooking up a Chromecast streamer to the TV in my 2017 REV RB.

I tried to attach the Chromecast into one of the TV HDMI ports but was not able to get my hand behind the TV and see my target at the same time.
Maybe get one of these short HDMI extensions and plug that into the TV. Then you will be able to easily unplug and replug the Chromecast and other devices in the future.

Larry
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 05:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
Maybe get one of these short HDMI extensions and plug that into the TV. Then you will be able to easily unplug and replug the Chromecast and other devices in the future.

Larry

Thanks. I have HDMI extensions. What I am hoping to find is one with a longer connector. So I can hold one end and the other end can reach the HDMI port on the TV.

My daughter is tiny and I may ask her to give it a try tomorrow.

Old 04-14-2018, 06:20 PM   #7

Okay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
Thanks. I have HDMI extensions. What I am hoping to find is one with a longer connector. So I can hold one end and the other end can reach the HDMI port on the TV.
Okaaay. I entered "HDMI extension" in Google and then selected "Images" to pick the long ones. Here are a few I found:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ultra-Cla...g-HD/138753221

https://www.walmart.com/ip/C-E-2-Pac...turn/932194645

https://www.amazon.com/HDMI-Extender.../dp/B00NQB2XO6

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ultra-Cla...g-HD/105756087

Larry
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 05:38 PM   #8

Can someone tell me how to remove the TV in my REV? BC's comment about removing the trim doesn't look possible. The wall that it is mounted on was installed before the side walls (I think). I'd like to install a different TV. Thanks
2018 Dynamax REV 24 TB Sold 2/2021
porsche84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 11:46 AM   #9
Commercial Member

I should have something back from engineering today. The DX3 is mounted to plywood that is in turn screwed to the framing and those holes covered with trim. REV is obviously different...but I'll see if I can get that bracket part to know for sure.

Old 04-18-2018, 12:02 PM   #10
Commercial Member

OK...it is a metal bracket.

On the bottom, right in the middle fo the bracket is a screw. That screw is the only thing holding that TV in place. There are fingers at the top that slot the top into the wall portion. Once you pull that screw (be holding the TV please), the TV should slide down and off.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	REV Bracket.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	168666  

Old 04-18-2018, 12:46 PM   #11

Awesome, thanks so much for the prompt reply!

Jerry
Old 04-19-2018, 06:33 PM   #12

I thought I'd expand on removing the TV in a REV. The mount has two screws, one on each side. When removed, the TV swings out but is still held by the tabs at the top. The whole assembly can be lifted out of the top slots. (see photo below.) My original intent was to replace the TV with a smart TV but after I got into the project, I mounted the smart TV on the bathroom wall so we can watch TV sitting in the front seats of the van. I kept the original TV too. The REV is the 24 TB version. My wife laughed, we have one TV in the house and now have three TVs in the camper.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SAM_7870.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	168820   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_7874.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	168821  
Old 04-19-2018, 09:37 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche84 View Post
I thought I'd expand on removing the TV in a REV. The mount has two screws, one on each side. When removed, the TV swings out but is still held by the tabs at the top. The whole assembly can be lifted out of the top slots. (see photo below.) My original intent was to replace the TV with a smart TV but after I got into the project, I mounted the smart TV on the bathroom wall so we can watch TV sitting in the front seats of the van. I kept the original TV too. The REV is the 24 TB version. My wife laughed, we have one TV in the house and now have three TVs in the camper.
Is that TV mounted in the cockpit above the windshield?

I am not sure my mount is the same but it may be similar. I will have to go out and see if I can get to those two screws. Are they square drive?

Old 04-20-2018, 07:25 AM   #14

The TV is above the windshield. My screws were phillips, but I replaced them with bigger square drive for more grip, when I re-installed the TV.
Old 05-20-2018, 04:09 PM   #15

Problem Resolved in ten seconds !

My daughter stood on the drivers seat and was able to look behind the TV while plugging in the HDMI cable. Literally took ten seconds including getting on the seat.

It is awkward trying to plug in the cable while standing on the floor but totally easy while standing on the seat.

She asked, "If I take my shoes off can I stand on the seat?" That simple.

Her father is glad she visited this weekend.