Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2018, 02:51 PM   #1

Warranty work

I own a 2017 isata 5 and I Need some warranty work taken care off. Does anybody know if I can take it to any service repair or forest river repair or only dynamic dealers
Ctoth11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 03:47 PM   #2
Commercial Member

I think I have posted on this before...but as opposed to trying to find it, I will try and recreate.

1. First choice would be a Dynamax dealer as they are bests versed on our product.
2. Any Forest River dealer. Some things like Suburban furnace, wall board, trim, steps, slides are pretty common across all products.
3. A tie with first choice, but I will put it 3rd is the equipment suppliers themselves. Unlike Ford and Chevy, we do not dictate the specs on our components. it is more like a house. So sometimes they are the best source for the individual warranty and/or troubleshooting. I will post a brand new thread on this topic shortly.
4. Last, but not least, you can get service at a local provider if that is your choice and we can reimburse. Beware though, there is nothing that we can do to hold their feet to the fire to guaranty the warranty. Unlike a dealer where we can withhold payment or put them on parts hold, we have no stick with a non-forest river dealer.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 08:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctoth11 View Post
I own a 2017 isata 5 and I Need some warranty work taken care off. Does anybody know if I can take it to any service repair or forest river repair or only dynamic dealers
Uh Oh here comes this conversation again. I will fill you in because I have been dealing with this for a couple months. You can take it to any Dynamax dealer but they do not have to do your warranty work at all if you did not buy it from them.

If they are nice they will at least put it in the line to be fixed but if one of their customers needs something, you will be kicked to the back of the line. If your traveling and need work, they will try to at least get you back on the road.

Your best bet is the dealer where you bought it from. Sorry but hope you have a really nice dealer nearby.
The Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 10:02 PM   #4

Be fair. The situation you just described is not unique to Dynamax and pretty much applies to all RV manufacturers. The exception is that Dynamax has excellent post sale support and works with their customers to get problems resolved regardless of whether the selling dealer or someone else is doing the work in the field.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 10:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Randy View Post
Be fair. The situation you just described is not unique to Dynamax and pretty much applies to all RV manufacturers. The exception is that Dynamax has excellent post sale support and works with their customers to get problems resolved regardless of whether the selling dealer or someone else is doing the work in the field.
Yes Sir Randy you are correct about this not just being a Dynamax thing and my post was directed mainly at the OP's situation where he owns a Dynamax Isata 5. No unfairness intended as I have a Force HD on order. I have to fully agree I do not know of another Manufacturer that goes the extra mile before the sale from my experience and after the sale as we find Brian doing every day.

That is why I ordered a Dynamax. Also knowing on here are some dang good experts on these things I can lean on when I run into problems as well as all the other members. A great group of people as far as customers and people from the manufacturer.

This is a learning curve us newbies have to go through and learn and it can be kind of shocking at first. After you realize it is what it is and deal with it, the more rest you can get.

After reading my original post it was somewhat a negative view and hope I did not mislead the OP.
The Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty