Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2018, 04:11 PM   #1

Water leak 37TS

I dewinterized and filled the fresh water tank for the first time today. I assume you just fill the tank until water starts to come out of the over flow? Where is that located and where should you see water coming out?

After about 30 minutes of filling I heard water starting to run out near the back of the rig, it was coming out near the trailer hitch.

I shut the water off and went to the wet bay and there was a lot of water also coming out of every crack and hole in the top of it. Hopefully that is not another place for the over flow to routinely dump water?

Went inside and there was water on the floor near the base of the washer/dryer. I took the grate off and there was a 1/2" of water under the cabinet. Thats when I noticed a hose not hooked up. It T's off of one of the hoses that goes into the water pump and the valve on the T was open. Closed the valve and started looking. I'm assuming this is the supply hose to the washer but there is no hole in the floor or any side/rear access to the washer. No clamp marks on the hose so this must have been over looked at the factory. I assume I have to pull the dryer and then the washer, drill a hose through the floor in order to get this hooked up correctly?

The pump works fine, no other leaks found, the aquahot makes a lot of hot water very quickly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Loose hose.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	458.5 KB
ID:	172287  

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 04:38 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Randy View Post
I dewinterized and filled the fresh water tank for the first time today. I assume you just fill the tank until water starts to come out of the over flow? Where is that located and where should you see water coming out?

After about 30 minutes of filling I heard water starting to run out near the back of the rig, it was coming out near the trailer hitch.

I shut the water off and went to the wet bay and there was a lot of water also coming out of every crack and hole in the top of it. Hopefully that is not another place for the over flow to routinely dump water?

Went inside and there was water on the floor near the base of the washer/dryer. I took the grate off and there was a 1/2" of water under the cabinet. Thats when I noticed a hose not hooked up. It T's off of one of the hoses that goes into the water pump and the valve on the T was open. Closed the valve and started looking. I'm assuming this is the supply hose to the washer but there is no hole in the floor or any side/rear access to the washer. No clamp marks on the hose so this must have been over looked at the factory. I assume I have to pull the dryer and then the washer, drill a hose through the floor in order to get this hooked up correctly?

The pump works fine, no other leaks found, the aquahot makes a lot of hot water very quickly.
No problem there. That is the hose used to winterize your rig. You put the end of the hose in the antifreeze bottle and pump you water lines full of antifreeze.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 05:10 PM   #3

On our 37BH, there are two hoses dropping through the last storage bin on the driver’s side. One is the fresh tank overflow, and the other is the fresh tank low point drain It’s close to to the hitch...
Old 05-17-2018, 06:31 PM   #4

There should be a valve on that line that is either turned to pull the antifreeze from the bottle or closed for normal water flow.
It might be positioned to draw from the bottle from when it was winterized.
djmedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookieblaylock View Post
On our 37BH, there are two hoses dropping through the last storage bin on the driver’s side. One is the fresh tank overflow, and the other is the fresh tank low point drain It’s close to to the hitch...
I'll check mine but that makes sense due to where the water was coming out of mine, near the hitch. Thanks!

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
Old 05-17-2018, 10:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
No problem there. That is the hose used to winterize your rig. You put the end of the hose in the antifreeze bottle and pump you water lines full of antifreeze.
Doh! I remembered reading about that the moment I saw your response. And yes djmedal, I suspect the valve was just left in the wrong position when they re-winterized it after the PDI at the dealer. Whew, good to know it was just a senior moment for me and not a problem to fix!

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
Old 05-18-2018, 09:43 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Randy View Post
Doh! I remembered reading about that the moment I saw your response. And yes djmedal, I suspect the valve was just left in the wrong position when they re-winterized it after the PDI at the dealer. Whew, good to know it was just a senior moment for me and not a problem to fix!
Glade to help. Now you can pass it on.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, water leak