Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2016, 02:11 PM   #1

Water not turning on and water heater?

I have gotten such valuable info here, and considering I am a newbie at this I have lots of questions.

So, water tank shows full. However, I can't seem to get any water to come out of sinks, or toilet. What do I need to check? First thought was maybe air in the lines? Otherwise, I don't know, do I turn on a pump? I have the REV 24RB plugged in right now. Can you give me some ideas on where to trouble shoot?

Thanks,
Kathy
kathybrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 02:19 PM   #2

Is the pump switch turned on?
Old 07-26-2016, 02:26 PM   #3

Yep, should be a pump switch somewhere in the trailer. If not on city water you have to have the pump on.
2016 Ford F350 XLT 6.7 Powerstroke DRW 4X4
2016 Brookstone 395RL
dwayneb236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 02:42 PM   #4

Ok, I did turn the pump on at one point but nothing came out, unless I have to wait a bit longer or something. I will take a photo of my wall switches
Old 07-26-2016, 03:12 PM   #5

Are your winterizing valves turned to normal use or still in winterizing mode?
Old 07-26-2016, 03:39 PM   #6

I don't know what winterizing mode is. We have used the water and hot water just fine. My husband filled the tank last time and all I can think of is maybe he didn't make sure there was no air in the line?
Old 07-26-2016, 03:44 PM   #7

Do you hear the pump running? Has it worked in the past?
Old 07-26-2016, 03:55 PM   #8

I have, and now that you say that I didn't hear it turn on. Is there a plug or anything for the pump?
Old 07-26-2016, 05:39 PM   #9

Might have blown a fuse or tripped a breaker.

2016 Dynamax Force. Just-Rite2
Old 07-26-2016, 05:58 PM   #10
Site Team

Do you have lights and fan? What is battery level?
It you get pump running, it may take 30-50 seconds to get water from cold faucet. Make sure the low point drains ( Red and Blue lines sticking out bottom of RV ) are closed.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 07:41 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddupton View Post
Do you hear the pump running? Has it worked in the past?
Ok, so duh, one sensor showed Fresh water full and the other empty, so I filled the water and that was the trick to getting the water going but now my second issue is I can't seem to get the Tankless Water Heater to kick out hot water? I don't have my manuals at home, so don't know brand but our REV is 2015. The two things that confuse me on my counsel inside is, one button says Water Heater (Red button) and then there is another that says Tank Heater, what is the difference between the two, and do I turn on both, or just the Water Heater one? I tried everything but no hot or even warm water. We have only taken one shower and that was beautifully hot, so not sure why it isn't working now..thoughts?
Old 07-26-2016, 08:23 PM   #12

On the Force we don't have a tankless heater, sorry I cant help with this one.

2016 Dynamax Force. Just-Rite2
Old 07-27-2016, 08:12 AM   #13
Commercial Member

[QUOTE=kathybrost;1271770]Ok, so duh, one sensor showed Fresh water full and the other empty, so I filled the water and that was the trick to getting the water going but now my second issue is I can't seem to get the Tankless Water Heater to kick out hot water? I don't have my manuals at home, so don't know brand but our REV is 2015. The two things that confuse me on my counsel inside is, one button says Water Heater (Red button) and then there is another that says Tank Heater, what is the difference between the two, and do I turn on both, or just the Water Heater one? I tried everything but no hot or even warm water. We have only taken one shower and that was beautifully hot, so not sure why it isn't working now..thoughts?[/QUOT

Those are two completely different things.
Water heater is your water heater. That should be on.
Tank heater is the heating pads for the black and gray tank. Does not need to be on.

You also need to make sure you have enough flow to trigger the on-demand water heater. Turn the hot on full blast and adjust from there.

We also offer the manuals online and there is an app you can use as well. As you go through the generic manual, there will be product specific videos and manuals. There is a LOT of information...but its there.

http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:35 AM   #14
Love my Rev

it works by propane - make sure you have propane and it is turned on" on your in side wall and outside where you fill the tank - nothing more to do but open a hot water valve ! and also in your outdoor shower compartment make sure that valve is pointing to correct mode ?
steve32409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:13 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve32409 View Post
it works by propane - make sure you have propane and it is turned on" on your in side wall and outside where you fill the tank - nothing more to do but open a hot water valve ! and also in your outdoor shower compartment make sure that valve is pointing to correct mode ?
Stand in front of the switch panel by the back door and have someone turn the hot water on. A little red light will light next to the hot water switch when it lights. If not, the overheat breaker inside the water heater door is probably the cause.

Take a screwdriver and open the hot water heater door. Look in the upper left for a small button. Push it in. It is the over temperature circuit breaker.

If you only turn the hot water on part way, the water heater will overheat and pop that breaker.

Look at the red plastic parts left of middle and see if there is a printed label about the size of an address label. If not, you haven't done the Atwood water heater recall. If you do have the label, look underneath for an aluminum plate about the size of a postage stamp with one hole and a screw in that hole. It will be a screw that requires a special screwdriver.

If the plate is there, the recall was done. The red knob to the right of that has to be all the way to the top "full on" for the water heater to work after the recall.

When you put the cover back on, you need to stick the screwdriver through the round hole towards the top to line up the little black plastic pipe with the hole.

Also, the door doesn't have hinges. It lifts up off of pins.

Tom D 2015 REV RB
Tom-n-Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:21 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathybrost View Post
I don't know what winterizing mode is. We have used the water and hot water just fine. My husband filled the tank last time and all I can think of is maybe he didn't make sure there was no air in the line?
Maybe he forgot to turn the water management switch or valve back to the Normal position. He may have left it in the Fill Tank position.

Mine is in the outside shower compartment and if I recall correctly it should be pointed straight up for normal use..

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 01:06 PM   #17
Love my Rev

correct on pointing up and Tom D is right on that outside breaker - I've had to push it two times now
Old 07-27-2016, 02:56 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
Maybe he forgot to turn the water management switch or valve back to the Normal position. He may have left it in the Fill Tank position.

Mine is in the outside shower compartment and if I recall correctly it should be pointed straight up for normal use..
I checked that first when I couldn't get water, that was in the Normal. The water issue solved now that tank is full, lol. Just trying to figure out how to get the hot water now from the tankless heater.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:34 PM   #19

Ok, so here is my Panel by my RV door. So, first I need to make sure I am doing the right thing. If I have a tankless water heater, is the only way to use it with Propane? Or can I use it via generator or plug in? I am always confused on what can be use with what.

Next, so lets say I want hot water. I make sure the red button is on and then turn on hot water from the faucet? Do I need to do anything with the button that says Tank and Heater? What is the difference between the Tank/Heater and the Red Water/Heater button.

Help!!! Getting there...
Old 07-27-2016, 03:34 PM   #20
Love my Rev

very simple system - turn red water heater switch on ( as you come into back door ) and open any hot water valve ! ( if not hot real quick - first check the small on /off gas switch behind outside door where lp gas is filled and that is on ,- then take screwdriver or penny to back of water heater ( black metal cover left of outside shower ) and push little red breaker in the top left of that compartment

Tags
heater, water, water heater