Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2017, 08:39 AM   #1

Water under bed storage Isata 3

Was prepping for a trip yesterday and pulled out our bedding which we keep in the storage under the bed- it was all wet. Has anyone experienced a leak here before?
slimetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 01:27 PM   #2

Post up a picture of the set up. I'm not sure how similar it is to the force hd, but I just struggled with a leak myself. I have a post up about it a few threads down.
Gas-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 04:44 PM   #3

Knock on wood (luan) we have not had that problem. However, I have wondered if the outside shower could be accidentally turned on when stowing items in that area. That could cause water to get into that storage area, I would think. We don't use the outside shower; I have been thinking of capping it off to avoid that potential problem. Good luck in finding the source of your water problem.
RolandRevenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 09:41 PM   #4

Pulled off the bed cover today, everything was dry around the water control valve. Think it must have snuck in while washing the exterior, I have the full slide.
Old 06-05-2017, 12:14 PM   #5

I did that once. Went to city water and had accidentally opened the shower valve a little and water started coming in the unit. lucky figure it out pretty quick so no damage.
tvlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 01:58 PM   #6

Slide tracks could be the source

If you have the external tracks at the bottom of the slide, you might want to look closely at the rubber seal when the slide is out. I was having a minor water leak in a different brand of trailer and it was from water running down the track and back into the trailer. The rubber gasket couldn't seal tightly enough. The dealer told me to put some silicon in that void and it took care of the problem.
Hack Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 03:14 PM   #7

Wet storage area under bed

Just brought a new 2017 Isata 3, brought it home from dealer Thursday. Got it home and found water in storage area under bed. Calling dealer tomorrow. Haven't even had a chance to use it yet. So disappointed!
mistysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 07:00 PM   #8

The outside shower controls and the water diverter valves are both near the bed slideout on our Isata 3. It's the FW version where the bed is parallel to the dinette.

If there's water on the floor in the motor home, you might want to check and make sure that the outside shower knobs are all the way off, and the control valve fully in whatever position you're using (not caught somewhere between positions).

Water leaking from anything in that outside compartment can make its way into the area under the bed.
VeniVidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 10:06 PM   #9

came in while washing the exterior for sure, water control valve area and utility bar were dry.

Washed it again today, with much less rinsing and it stayed dry.

It stormed on us while camping this weekend and we stayed dry.

Tags
bed, storage, water