Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2017, 05:34 PM   #21
jkoenig24

LittleMoose, moving a heavy item like a refrigerator sounds easy BUT, there are weight and balance issue to contend with. This is ESPECIALLY so on "standard" C-Class motorhomes. I'm NOT saying that it can't be done BUT, there are some SERIOUS consequences that can come back and bite you in the butt if you haven't checked EVERYTHING. Tread carefully.

You state emphatically that you want quality. Although not inexpensive (and not part of the Forest River stable), Oliver Travel Trailers are widely regarded as primo fiberglass "egg" trailers. Oliver is willing to work closely with customers to give customers exactly what they want. Oliver service after the sale is legendary too. Oliver is in Hohenwald, TN and will accommodate people with factory tours.
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 07:50 PM   #22
Pawnee Buffalo Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Hang tight for about a week. New floor plan sneak peek coming up soon. One that has not been mentioned on here yet (at least I don't think).

25FW Isata 4 has been shown
30FW Isata 5 has been shown.

We'll have a new Isata 3 to show in the next week or so. A nice twist on a fairly common floor plan that might work well for you.
Well, I'm not going anywhere and with summer almost gone now and football season starting, it seems like it will be next year before I pull the trigger on anything and hit the road. So any new things happening will be interesting to see. Heck, maybe you will even have a dealer near me in the San Diego area so I can see Dynamax in person. If not, I may just have to fly in and check out the factory and walk through all the 3 and 4 floor plans on the Isatas. Right now I am leaning toward one of the two Isata 4s. I feel that probably sticking with the Ford v10 and regular gas would allow me more peace of mind than the Mercedes diesel added expenses and worry about what additives each state puts in their fuels. The less things to have to think about, the better at my age and with my forgetful mind. The Ford chassis might allow me to carry a motorscooter (or even a fast 15-20 mph disability scooter) on a lift attached to the tow hitch if I wanted.
LittleMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 11:58 AM   #23

You seem to be fixed an the Isata. ??? There are lots of options out there and, if you truly are the minimalist that you seem, perhaps a class B would suit you better than a class C. Also known as van conversions or camper vans, they are all built on a regular van chassis - - overall length usually around 25 to 27 feet. They have come a long, long way in the past few years.

Coach House (Florida based) makes a nice one. They have models built on both the Ford F450 and the Mercedes chassis.
Luxury Downsized Motorhomes | Downsized Class C, Class B-Plus, Class B RVs | Coach House Inc.

(edit: there was supposed to be a floorplan photo of the Platinum 261XL ST here. See it at: Luxury Motorhomes - Fuel Efficient Downsized Class C (Class B-Plus) RVs - Platinum 261XL )

You could replace the mid-bunks with closets/tables or whatever on passenger side and put a compact recliner facing the TV on the driver side.

Here's a used one for sale with some nice photos.
2010 Coach House PLATINUM 261XL, Estero FL - - RVtrader.com

Road Trek (Canadian based) has almost a dozen models on the Ford, Mercedes, and Dodge chassis.
www.roadtrek.com

My favorite (if I went this way) is the Leisure Vans line up (Canadian). Three models built on the Mercedes chassis and two of them even have over-sized queen murphy beds!
https://leisurevans.com

I especially like this model. It has two separate living areas just to give you a change once in a while and it is amazing what they have done in 25 feet. Lots of options, too. This video is 30 minutes long but it really is informative. The first half is all about the exterior and the 2nd about the you won't believe it interior. (and it has a hitch receiver so you could carry that motorscooter )
https://leisurevans.com/unity/videos...unity-fx-video

Not trying to push any RV type or brand. More important is finding what is right for you and am just saying there are tons of options. Be ready to change your mind, even at the last minute, if something you didn't know about comes up. I am currently researching 5th wheels and hardly a week goes by that I don't have a new "favorite". Good luck.
gastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 02:11 PM   #24
Pawnee Buffalo Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gastan View Post
You seem to be fixed an the Isata. ??? There are lots of options out there and, if you truly are the minimalist that you seem, perhaps a class B would suit you better than a class C. Also known as van conversions or camper vans, they are all built on a regular van chassis - - overall length usually around 25 to 27 feet. They have come a long, long way in the past few years.

Coach House (Florida based) makes a nice one. They have models built on both the Ford F450 and the Mercedes chassis.
Luxury Downsized Motorhomes | Downsized Class C, Class B-Plus, Class B RVs | Coach House Inc.

(edit: there was supposed to be a floorplan photo of the Platinum 261XL ST here. See it at: Luxury Motorhomes - Fuel Efficient Downsized Class C (Class B-Plus) RVs - Platinum 261XL )

You could replace the mid-bunks with closets/tables or whatever on passenger side and put a compact recliner facing the TV on the driver side.

Here's a used one for sale with some nice photos.
2010 Coach House PLATINUM 261XL, Estero FL - - RVtrader.com

Road Trek (Canadian based) has almost a dozen models on the Ford, Mercedes, and Dodge chassis.
www.roadtrek.com

My favorite (if I went this way) is the Leisure Vans line up (Canadian). Three models built on the Mercedes chassis and two of them even have over-sized queen murphy beds!
https://leisurevans.com

I especially like this model. It has two separate living areas just to give you a change once in a while and it is amazing what they have done in 25 feet. Lots of options, too. This video is 30 minutes long but it really is informative. The first half is all about the exterior and the 2nd about the you won't believe it interior. (and it has a hitch receiver so you could carry that motorscooter )
https://leisurevans.com/unity/videos...unity-fx-video

Not trying to push any RV type or brand. More important is finding what is right for you and am just saying there are tons of options. Be ready to change your mind, even at the last minute, if something you didn't know about comes up. I am currently researching 5th wheels and hardly a week goes by that I don't have a new "favorite". Good luck.
Most are too expensive for my blood, as well as being shy of storage in many cases. You have a good alternative however. And I have looked at them all, and have one product/style picked out as a fall back position, if forlorn I don't buy a Dynamax product.

And sure, I am completely sold on a Dynamax RV. How could you not be with the personal attention and service this site offers you. How could you go wrong?
LittleMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 02:14 PM   #25
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMoose View Post
Well, I'm not going anywhere and with summer almost gone now and football season starting, it seems like it will be next year before I pull the trigger on anything and hit the road. So any new things happening will be interesting to see. Heck, maybe you will even have a dealer near me in the San Diego area so I can see Dynamax in person. If not, I may just have to fly in and check out the factory and walk through all the 3 and 4 floor plans on the Isatas. Right now I am leaning toward one of the two Isata 4s. I feel that probably sticking with the Ford v10 and regular gas would allow me more peace of mind than the Mercedes diesel added expenses and worry about what additives each state puts in their fuels. The less things to have to think about, the better at my age and with my forgetful mind. The Ford chassis might allow me to carry a motorscooter (or even a fast 15-20 mph disability scooter) on a lift attached to the tow hitch if I wanted.
Your part of the country summer never gone you can camp for ever so go for it. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote