Old 01-12-2018, 02:07 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
That process already started at 2:29pm yesterday....we'll have to make some design changes.
That would really be cool!!!!!

Is this the heat exchanger that you guys use now?

https://aquaheatpartswarehouse.com/c...heat-exchanger

I think for now we are going to add thermostat in wet bay and make

exchanger under washer/dryer zone III. In the long run, think another

exchanger in the loop for just the wet bay would probably be better.

2016: days camped 60
2017: days camped 109
2018: days camped 75
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:37 PM   #32
GM

looks about right.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:40 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
That process already started at 2:29pm yesterday....we'll have to make some design changes.
I started this thread at 12:59 ... you guys are slipping in your response times...
Old 01-12-2018, 05:45 PM   #34
GM

I didn’t see it until 2:28
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:10 PM   #35

Ah EST ... I guess that's acceptable...
Old 02-12-2018, 08:53 AM   #36

Well as happens with most of my projects... finally got around to taking care of this one. Happy to report works as intended!

Ran a simple 18/2 thermostat wire from the wet bay to the aqua hot and to the heat exchanger. Removed the old wires from the two under the bed. Also added a run of romex and a gfci outlet down to the wet bay just in case. Eveything functions as expected so now the wet bay and bathroom run off the thermostat in the wet bay.

We’re headed to Breck next week so I’ll report back on actual performance in the real world then. I know the aquahot has the BTUs needed so I’m excited to see how it does.

One side comment- finally traced down the two circuits coming off the panel. Seems the bathroom gets a dedicated 15A circuit and the. The bedroom and living room are all on one coach. I’d suggest maybe the bed/bath share or split the living room drivers/passenger side like it’s labeled. I know hair dryers are a big load but man that’s an infrequent use case. Could add a lot more flexibility to the coach by splitting a little more evenly.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:56 AM   #37

Solid work; I'm going to try to replicate it on our rig. How accessible is the heat exchanger under the washer/dryer?

Also, there was a question earlier on in this thread regarding the temp range of the aquahot thermostat. Best I can tell, those 'low temp' thermostats have a range of 19 - 63F...should be perfect for this application.
mookieblaylock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 10:00 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
Well as happens with most of my projects... finally got around to taking care of this one. Happy to report works as intended!

Ran a simple 18/2 thermostat wire from the wet bay to the aqua hot and to the heat exchanger. Removed the old wires from the two under the bed. Also added a run of romex and a gfci outlet down to the wet bay just in case. Eveything functions as expected so now the wet bay and bathroom run off the thermostat in the wet bay.

Weíre headed to Breck next week so Iíll report back on actual performance in the real world then. I know the aquahot has the BTUs needed so Iím excited to see how it does.

One side comment- finally traced down the two circuits coming off the panel. Seems the bathroom gets a dedicated 15A circuit and the. The bedroom and living room are all on one coach. Iíd suggest maybe the bed/bath share or split the living room drivers/passenger side like itís labeled. I know hair dryers are a big load but man thatís an infrequent use case. Could add a lot more flexibility to the coach by splitting a little more evenly.
Will be interested to see how that works out. I think that another exchanger and thermostat called "zone 3" just for the wet bay would be the ultimate thing. Maybe someone at the factory could do that ???? for me.

My outlets were the same as you described. The breakers were labeled "drivers side" and " passenger side" Soooo, I made the outlets on the drivers side, under dinette, bathroom, bedroom on drivers side.
and made bedroom, and both outlets in galley, one by the entry way, and one over the counter, on the passengers side breakers. So far has worked out.
Old 02-12-2018, 11:29 AM   #39

Mookie I agree that range should be perfect. I ended up with a regular one so 50 is as low as it goes. It ended up a little closer to the duct than Iíd have liked so will be a judgement call based on actual performance/propane usage whether i swap it or not. Access wasnít too bad. Itís right there under the W/D and the wires are 6Ē or so. No different than working as a contrloetionst elsewhere

Joet- how is your dinnette plug fed? That solution would work for us also just ran out of time to track it down.

Agree that another exhangsr would be good but not sure I even want to manage 4 thermostats lol. Will be interesting to see how hot the bathroom gets. From past experience itíll be a welcome change to the frigid toilet seat and deodorant. If it gets too hot closing the vents should be an adjustment too.

Iíll be sure to report back after our trip
Old 02-12-2018, 12:15 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
Mookie I agree that range should be perfect. I ended up with a regular one so 50 is as low as it goes. It ended up a little closer to the duct than Iíd have liked so will be a judgement call based on actual performance/propane usage whether i swap it or not. Access wasnít too bad. Itís right there under the W/D and the wires are 6Ē or so. No different than working as a contrloetionst elsewhere

Joet- how is your dinnette plug fed? That solution would work for us also just ran out of time to track it down.

Agree that another exhangsr would be good but not sure I even want to manage 4 thermostats lol. Will be interesting to see how hot the bathroom gets. From past experience itíll be a welcome change to the frigid toilet seat and deodorant. If it gets too hot closing the vents should be an adjustment too.

Iíll be sure to report back after our trip
I think the Aqua Hot Basement thermostat that bclemens posted went down to 37 deg but it had a bulb on it so you could mount the bulb further away from the heat duct. Let me know how you make out this weekend, me I am heading to Daytona tomorrow morning so hopefully wont need the heat down there. I have a small electric heater that I have had down there this winter.

Dinette recpt : runs under dinette bench goes thru the floor and runs in the dinette slide out track (black plastic track you see there) with the wiring for the in/ out buttons, Then runs behind generator and comes up thru the floor under the bed. It is a black SO cord, goes into the 4" square box that the other recpts were in. That is where I split them up, put a 4" square extention on the box and was good to good. Just seemed like the breakers were marked "driver side and passenger side" recpts and that is the way they should be. Maybe not, but we shall see, so far so good.