Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2017, 01:33 PM   #1

What does the DX3 get you above and beyond a Force HD?

bclemens could you provide a breakdown between these 2 models?

From my research it appears the DX3 is better insulated, comes with dual pane frameless windows standard, armless awning, Aqua Hot (why is the LP version standard over the D version?), upgraded inverter from 1800 to 3000 watts, macerator, batteries are diff?

What else am I missing?
rsqcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 08:16 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Insulation is the same now. For 2018 Dual panes were made standard on the Force, already was on the DX3.
Armless roof top awnings with false awnings everywhere else so the roofline matches
Aqua Hot is a big portion. LP was standard when I got here, so I didn't change it. Just made the 400D optional.
We are converting the DX3 to Multiplex, which is why the larger inverter/charger.
Thetford Sanicon is the same on both now.
The DX3 has more expensive valance styling (hardwood caps)
DX3 cabinetry is all hard wood stiles, doors, drawer fronts, etc. (Force is still hollow core passage doors and vinyl wrapped stiles)
DX3 has more expensive paint process and artist designed scheme.
Power hose reel
Higher end electronics
Fabrics and leathers are upgraded

I think we have a list somewhere, but I'll have to see if it has been updated.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 11:26 PM   #3

Brian I think between your answers here and in this thread that I've got the differences between them figured out. I do have a couple follow up questions on the DX3.

With the addition of multiplex wiring are the light switches still toggle on/off or are they push button.

One of the biggest decisions we have to make is the Aqua Hot. Do we go 400LP or 400D. From what I gather there are a number of configurations you guys have offered between the furnace, refrigerator and cook top. We do a moderate amount of dry camping and aren't 100% sure how we want to configure ours when we order. Thinking 400D for the furnace but keeping LP for the cook top and so that we can go with the RV fridge instead of the residential.

Finally I know you've been asked about custom paint jobs and we really like the silver metallic black out package you offer (here comes the) BUT can you paint it Jeep's new Gobi color to match our Jeep JK and still black out all the other pieces? And finally could you do that on either the Force HD and DX3 or is that limited only to the DX3 platform?
Old 03-17-2017, 08:15 AM   #4

FWIW having used my DX3 for a year I would ABSOLUTELY go 400D on the aqua hot. All things aside tank sizes alone will allow for longer durations when you're using the aqua hot for heat. In real winter (high's in the teens or twenties) I can only run about 2.5 days on a tank of propane. With 100 gal diesel, even only using 75% of that I looked at the numbers and you're at least triple I think (which makes sense on a 20 gal propane tank).

The discussion over elec vs actual propane delete I'm not sure I buy. I like the large propane tank for grilling and I think the cooktop makes sense as well. With all the storage I dont really miss that compartment.

One thing I see recurring on threads here is the RV fridge vs residential. I have to say after a year of use (albeit limited boondocking) I really dont think these residential fridges are that inconvenient. We did a couple trips with no hookups and with normal use (little microwave, few hours of TV) we need to run the gen 1-2hrs/day to keep things humming along fine. Thats with NO solar. Plan is to put 5-600 Watts of solar this summer and I think we'll be set except for multiple cloudy days. Me personally I'd stick with the residential. Then again I drink a lot of beer
Old 03-17-2017, 09:59 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
Old 03-17-2017, 10:10 AM   #6
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsqcon View Post
Brian I think between your answers here and in this thread that I've got the differences between them figured out. I do have a couple follow up questions on the DX3.

With the addition of multiplex wiring are the light switches still toggle on/off or are they push button.

Finally I know you've been asked about custom paint jobs and we really like the silver metallic black out package you offer (here comes the) BUT can you paint it Jeep's new Gobi color to match our Jeep JK and still black out all the other pieces? And finally could you do that on either the Force HD and DX3 or is that limited only to the DX3 platform?
I'm not sure we've got everything converted over yet, but all of our multiplex lighting is push button.

As for color, if you get the paint code, we can paint it...as long as its not a tri-color pearl or something crazy.

Old 03-17-2017, 10:52 AM   #7

FOURWHL I would never delete LP completely. Just to have it for grilling is enough reason to keep it. At that point it's just a matter of what else I want to run off LP. 5-600 watts is a lot I have 160 on the fifth wheel I am selling now and with the exception of rainy or cloudy days it's been plenty but my fridge is the RV version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I'm not sure we've got everything converted over yet, but all of our multiplex lighting is push button.

As for color, if you get the paint code, we can paint it...as long as its not a tri-color pearl or something crazy.
We are planning to purchase most likely at the Pomona RV show or possibly even just before the show to get ahead of any orders placed at the show so I'm guessing the multiplex switch over will be complete by then?

No the paint code isn't anything crazy.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:07 AM   #8
Commercial Member

should be...I think we had the RB and BH done. The TS was next.

That paint shouldn't be any problem.

Old 03-17-2017, 11:30 AM   #9

Yeah 5-600 is a lot for sure. But with a 40' MH all of a sudden real estate for 4 or 5 panels isnt an issue. After weighing I'm not worried about the weight either. Sure there's a cost I still have to work on swallowing, but again when you look at the overall price tag I'm not sure its a needle mover.

A 60-80A controller and some #2 AWG are the biggest hurdles but I think that's all within reason. Going to drop down the control panel right near the batteries so no real wiring concerns.

Still going to get a monitor to verify I even need that much with the residential fridge but with 440Ah of battery I'm sure I can make use of them.
Old 03-17-2017, 01:15 PM   #10

FOURWHL the other option with panel is to run them on a rack for lack of a better word that once you are parked you can climb up on the roof and angle the panels towards the sun. This would increase your panel efficiency tremendously.

What size is the hitch receiver on the Dynamax 2.5"?
Old 03-17-2017, 01:32 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsqcon View Post
FOURWHL the other option with panel is to run them on a rack for lack of a better word that once you are parked you can climb up on the roof and angle the panels towards the sun. This would increase your panel efficiency tremendously.

What size is the hitch receiver on the Dynamax 2.5"?

I've used linear actuators in some car audio installs before.
My thought was to find a waterproof one, install the panels on a rack, and be able to raise them remotely...
That would be awesome.
Old 03-17-2017, 05:21 PM   #12

Yeah I thought about that too. Without the ladder though and knowing how lazy I am I dont see that as viable. Likely just better to compensate with extra capacity

its a 3" and I believe they're shipping with this adapter now too https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001TNHANM...I2MIKL850BJ1N3
Old 03-20-2017, 07:48 AM   #13
Commercial Member

Hitch is 3".

Old 03-22-2017, 02:06 AM   #14

Brian can you confirm which Cummins motor is coming in the M2 chassis? Is it the ISL9 or the L9?

My follow up to that is both those motors have a 380hp/1250tq option. Would there be a cost increase to order a chassis with the higher ratings and if so how much?

If not can they be ordered with the 350hp/1150tq instead of the 1000?

Another question I had is have you ever ordered an M2 with the wing dash instead of straight dash?

Sorry I'm all about the working side of the coach I geek out on these things.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:56 AM   #15

Since purchasing the DX3 on Feb 7th. I can add this to the discussion

about the Aqua Hot 400D: Having just spent 8 days in WV with the night

time lows in the mid teens, to mid 20's and the day time highs in the mid

30's to low 50's , l used 22 gal of diesel for the 8 days. That's less than

3 gal per day. You would never get that with propane. We eliminated all

the propane stuff and got a nice storage compartment in return that

comes in handy. Oh, and the hot water was always super hot and always

there when you needed it. Had the incoming water line and hose heat

traced and had the Aqua Hot diesel and electric switches both on.

Aqua Hot diesel is the way to go.

Just my 2cents
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 09:53 AM   #16
Commercial Member

Well, on the M2-106 28k Force Chassis we use the 6.7L ISB. 340HP,700lb ft torque

M2-106 33k Force HD & DX3 Chassis we use the ISL9, which is really an 8.9L, but who am I to argue with Cummins marketing.
That is 350HP, 10000 lb ft of torque.

You could also upgrade to the M2-112 that we use on the Dynaquest XL.
That is the same ISL9 with a larger radiator. 450HP and 1250 lb ft of torque. That would be about $19k MSRP.

All of those chassis listed above we stock.

We have not ordered anything with the wing dash.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:55 AM   #17

Wow I wouldn't even thought that would be an option. So I can order a Force HD or DX3 but on the M112 chassis?
Old 03-22-2017, 11:02 AM   #18
Commercial Member

I know we have done a DX3 on an M2-112. I am not 100% sure we have done a Force HD on an M2-112.....

Old 03-22-2017, 11:55 AM   #19

Brian your group over at Dynamax continues to impress. I'm not sure what our budget will allow but it's nice to have options and the flexibility you guys offer.

Maybe this has been answered before but when the time comes to order and we want something non standardi assume the best process is to have our dealer of choice contact you for pricing and then the dealer will get back to us? If you have any recommendations for a dealer in the Utah area please let me know. At this point we were thinking about Dennis Dillon in Boise. Who is your go to contact up there?
Old 03-22-2017, 12:00 PM   #20
Commercial Member

Yes, get in touch with them so we are all on the same page. Too many times, I have seen a retail customer talk to us...then order through the dealer and they put the order in, not totally sure of what you expect. best to have them in the loop.

I don't know that we have a "go to" contact up there, but I know Neal Foster up there from years back. Good guy. If you do talk to him...ask him what color shoes he is wearing and if they match his shirt. Then tell him that sounds hideous.