Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2018, 02:05 PM   #1

What to look for and look out for in Used Force HD?

Hi,

I'm in the market for a used Super C and the Force HD is at the top of my list. I like the 36FK as it has less overhang and a very functional floor plan. I do plan to have a thorough PDI performed by an independent technician. Wondering what if anything in particular I should be on the look out for? Likely will get a model year 2017 with low miles. Anything else about this coach other than technical gremlins I should be aware of? Thanks!!!
The Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 03:23 PM   #2

The coach itself is very solid. You just need to be aware of stuff caused by neglect that would be unique to that particular coach.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 12:05 PM   #3

Check the front sway bar bushings. They get eaten up fast. There is a TSB out that if still under warranty they will replace with a clevis style.
Old 09-04-2018, 12:16 PM   #4

I have a 2016 36FK HD model I am selling if you are interested.
Tugboat609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 05:11 PM   #5

I am really having a hard time finding these models on the used market. I suppose that is a good sign.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:40 AM   #6

2017 is likely going to be too new to find many for sale. Prob be in the 2015 range I’d bet
Old 09-19-2018, 09:28 AM   #7

There are only a handful of used Force HD mostly 2016. I want a Force HD but a new one is out of my price range.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:33 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bruce View Post
There are only a handful of used Force HD mostly 2016. I want a Force HD but a new one is out of my price range.
Tugboat609

I have a 2016 36FK HD model I am selling if you are interested.
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 09:49 AM   #9

There was a post on this forum a month or so ago where a guy had purchased a used DX3, I think it was a 2016. He had a ton of serious issues like ceiling water leaks, cracks developing in the exterior walls, electrical issues, etc.

To be clear, IMHO these were not Dynamax issues, it sounded to me like the unit had been hit hard in the rear when the original owner had it. The rear cap had been replaced, etc. The point being, a really good PDI is critical but take it a step further. Check carfax to see if there is any record of the unit being in an accident but remember there are ways for vehicle that was in an accident to NOT show up on Carfax. For a purchase of this size, consider taking the unit to a business that does large RV body repair and have them check it inside, outside and underneath for any evidence of damage or major repairs. Also ensure the PDI includes a thorough roof inspection. Some of these rigs sit outside all of the time in harsh environments which can weather and crack skylights & seals, have insect nests that plug up vents, hail damage, and some people will sit on roofs to watch races when they aren't designed for that purpose.

This would apply regardless of what brand you are considering buying. Damaged rigs like the one referenced are probably few and far between but better safe than sorry.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 10:11 AM   #10

I watched that used DX3 thread very closely and learned a proper PDI is a must. Also, plan to check the warranty service history through Dynamax.