Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2018, 04:04 PM   #1

Which Cascadia??

So I was checking out Freightliner's website. Does anyone know which Chassis may underpin the next series of Super C's from Dynamax? There are 3 separate Cascadia's. 1) Cascadia 2) Cascadia Evolution 3) New Cascadia.
DX3 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 07:02 AM   #2

Believe it’s the new one which is why they’ve been just getting started
Old 10-29-2018, 08:32 AM   #3
Commercial Member

not really started so much...as they still don't have the proper front axle rate yet.

They are still building the legacy Cascadia....but that was supposed to have ended 2 years ago.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 10:34 AM   #4
Commercial Member

The evolution is just an Ultra Fuel efficient package. Wheel covers, air fairings.

Old 11-07-2018, 11:46 AM   #5

I'm very interested in this as well. We are planning on ordering a dynaquest xl, but will hold off if a Cascadia chassis is in the works. We will tow 18k every time we use the Motorhome and being in Colorado will spend a lot of time in the mountains.

Brian, I understand that you may have to remain tight lipped about future plans for the company but can you shed any light on whether this is likely and when it may be available? Power is a big concern of mine, along with the shorter wheelbase and if the new chassis addresses both concerns I will happily wait. Is there any likelyhood of bringing the dd13 to the m2-112 chassis?

Dynamax is the only builder who has a floor plan option that fits our needs (bunk beds with cabover) without going to a custom coach from renegade/showhauler which of course brings a $200k + price increase.

I love the product, but don't want to order a current dynaquest only to have a better power plant option come out in 6 months then regret my purchase.

Thanks!
Ipkoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 11:50 AM   #6
Commercial Member

There is nothing coming any time soon. We're currently catching up on some electrical designs, looking at another shorter floor plan on the M2 (maybe a year out) and the Cascadia that is still likely 2 years out.

Old 11-07-2018, 03:10 PM   #7

I also would also expect a Cascadia Dynamax to carry a pretty heavy price increase as well. I’m far from “in the know” but I bet that chassis is a lot of the reason for the price jump on a renegade. I personally wouldn’t be surprised to see MSRPs in the upper 400s. Again purely speculation on my part, but just want to make a point. Big boy truck is gonna come with a big boy price tag.

Just like we can’t have dynquest features at a force price point
Old 11-07-2018, 03:27 PM   #8

Thanks for the quick response, we will order a Dynaquest and make the upgrade when/if it becomes available.

I don't disagree that the chassis is more expensive and I could be completely off base with my estimation, but I would think that the production coaches wouldn't come in at the same price point as the full custom units from Renegade/Showhauler. The ones I've seen are generally carrying an MSRP near $600k and selling between $450-500k.
Old 11-07-2018, 03:49 PM   #9

Doesn’t renegade have a production line on the Cascadia? I know their M2 pricing isn’t all that far off the mark from Dynamax. I can’t can’t remember the different model names off hand, maybe our resident renegade owner wfo9 will chime in.

Definitely agree it should be cheaper (and dare I say more refined) than a custom unit
Old 11-07-2018, 03:59 PM   #10

I know the renegade xl, icon, and classic utilize the Cascadia chassis and all cost a fortune. The classic is the only model other than the Valencia that has an option for bunk beds with cabover bunk but the Valencia is on the lighter chassis and has a 10k ish towing capaicty
Old 11-07-2018, 04:16 PM   #11

Ah it was Valencia and Verona. One is on the S2RV chassis and costs a little less than a DX3 (6.7L I think which is why the 10k) and then the other is on a M2 with the 8.9 and costs slightly more. Sorry going from memory here.

Anyways I guess my point is I don’t think a Cascadia Dynamax is going to be all that much cheaper. From what I’ve seen the cab and chassis is like double the cost. At that point you’re into spare no expense territory in the amenities
Old 11-07-2018, 09:13 PM   #12

Probably the case. We'll see in a few years. Went ahead and ordered the dynaquest today, the wait begins...
Old 11-08-2018, 01:11 PM   #13

Can I ask where you ordered it from and when you expect to get it? Thank you
twp5253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 01:13 PM   #14

I ordered from Van City RV in Colorado Springs, CO. They're supposed to get me a better idea of delivery time next week, but I'm anticipating 5-6 months.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:06 PM   #15

Did you get to see one in person? If not, my DX3 will be at Transwest Freightliner in Fountain tomorrow from about 8:30 to 11 if you feel like stopping by. Me

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 03:11 PM   #16

Thank you for the offer. Van City RV fortunately had the exact Motorhome we ordered, excluding cabover bunk, on their lot for us to look at.