Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2018, 03:44 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
No, they got our standard theater seats for a 60" opening. Our standard recliners are for a 64" or 68" opening...I can never remember and have a center console. (it is really 3 pieces anyway). So for smaller sofa's we use a 60" (now 59" theater seat set up). We did nothing special for theirs, other than it was special at the time.
Thanks Brian!
They're great recliners. The back height are better than most of the recliners in rigs we tried.
I'm going to make a couple of cup holders to fit in the post hole that's made for the little table inserts.
SusieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 03:52 PM   #22
Commercial Member

On the Dynamax "Contact Us" site, there is a list for sales. But to save the trouble, California is Joe Eash. 888-295-7859 X 213.

But for special requests it is good to go through a dealer. Seems like a pain, I know, but for all custom orders the dealer has to agree to take the unit for stock if the customer backs out for any reason. We want to make sure they are in the loop and primary contact, because they are the one selling the coach to you, the customer.

We do not have a design for single basin kitchen sink. It is something we have looked at, but have not found a sink that would work in all our applications yet and that would require a new engineering print for the counter, which means new part number for the counter and sink covers. Not something we have time for right now...I do know someone on the forum changed theirs out to a single bowl sink.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 03:57 PM   #23
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieR View Post
Thanks Brian!
They're great recliners. The back height are better than most of the recliners in rigs we tried.
I'm going to make a couple of cup holders to fit in the post hole that's made for the little table inserts.
I can't remember the site...but the chinese company that makes those table grommets have lots of different inserts. I recall an iPad mount that seems like a waste, but i thought they had a couple holder too.

I would likely build something out of wood...maybe a little bigger that had a cup holder built in. Just swap the mount.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 05:06 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I can't remember the site...but the chinese company that makes those table grommets have lots of different inserts. I recall an iPad mount that seems like a waste, but i thought they had a couple holder too.

I would likely build something out of wood...maybe a little bigger that had a cup holder built in. Just swap the mount.
Thanks! That's the plan... to build a couple of useful things out of wood. We're revamping all our decks and I've saved all the pieces of ipe from the rails.
Old 08-20-2018, 05:29 PM   #25

Oh, tjZ06....
Very helpful, 3 space saving items to consider--

Xtend & Climb 785P Aluminum Telescoping Ladder Type I Professional Series, 15.5-Foot https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000JIL4Z8..._2a0EBbHNWKJQH

Teknor Apex zero-G 4001-50 Lightweight, Ultra Flexible, Durable, Kink-Free Garden Hose, 5/8-Inch by 50-Feet https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014M9PEXC..._O-ZEBbZZQCPTC

MORryde REEL56-001H Easy Reel Cord Spooler - Tall https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BFU2G6A..._Ac0EBbXVSYH97
Old 08-20-2018, 10:19 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfo9 View Post
I would think the ISATA5 would tow that load pretty easy. But like you said.. the stacker would probably need to go. For some reason they de-rate the ISB 6.7 to 330hp/750tq. I know it can be set at 360/800. Not a a huge difference.. but I'm always wondering why they crank them down.
Not trying to threadjack here, but.....

Dodge/FCA de-rates the ISB in the 4500/5500 because it is presumed that they will spend the vast majority of their life moving a vehicle that is at or near it's GVWR (motorhomes, tow trucks, ambulances, etc). In stark contrast in the 2500/3500 it is presumed that they will spend the vast majority of their life WAY below their GVWR (getting groceries, going to the mall, Home Depot, etc).

It's just FCA playing probability roulette with how they believe the owners of the different chassis will use them and balancing that with how they can compete in the HP/TQ marketing war.

Changing the ECU programming in the 4500/5500 to what comes delivered in the 2500/3500 is well documented and performed often. All the hardware is identical. Naturally, it's a warranty voiding move, but if that doesn't concern you, then it's an easy change. Personally, I would be much more concerned about the life of the transmission than I would about anything else with that mod....even with the heavier duty Aisin trans in there.
Old 08-20-2018, 10:26 PM   #27

Quote:
Teknor Apex zero-G 4001-50 Lightweight, Ultra Flexible, Durable, Kink-Free Garden Hose, 5/8-Inch by 50-Feet https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014M9PEXC..._O-ZEBbZZQCPTC
You like this hose? I am in the market for a new hose as I am less than excited about the Camco one I have now. Have been looking at several, but this is the first time I have seen this one. Any feedback would be great.

Quote:
MORryde REEL56-001H Easy Reel Cord Spooler - Tall https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BFU2G6A..._Ac0EBbXVSYH97
Alright, how did you get this number installed in an Isata 5?! Where did you install it and do you have pictures? I really wanted something like this in our I5, but the ONLY place that seemed semi-feasible was the battery bay and then it would be exposed to the elements and I wasn’t sure how that reel would tolerate that.
Old 08-21-2018, 12:03 PM   #28

Quote:
Oh, tjZ06....

Xtend & Climb 785P Aluminum Telescoping Ladder Type I Professional Series, 15.5-Foot https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000JIL4Z8..._2a0EBbHNWKJQH

Great items, once again I can't thank you enough for your continued help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLT4SPD View Post

You like this hose? I am in the market for a new hose as I am less than excited about the Camco one I have now. Have been looking at several, but this is the first time I have seen this one. Any feedback would be great.

Alright, how did you get this number installed in an Isata 5?! Where did you install it and do you have pictures? I really wanted something like this in our I5, but the ONLY place that seemed semi-feasible was the battery bay and then it would be exposed to the elements and I wasn’t sure how that reel would tolerate that.
Great Qs. FWIW for fresh water I was considering one of these: https://www.amazon.com/FlexiHose-Upg...ter+hose&psc=1

I switched to one of these in the front yard at my house (the hose-bib is in an awkward location for a big hose reel) and it's great... so far.

Quote:
Not trying to threadjack here, but.....

Dodge/FCA de-rates the ISB in the 4500/5500 because it is presumed that they will spend the vast majority of their life moving a vehicle that is at or near it's GVWR (motorhomes, tow trucks, ambulances, etc). In stark contrast in the 2500/3500 it is presumed that they will spend the vast majority of their life WAY below their GVWR (getting groceries, going to the mall, Home Depot, etc).

It's just FCA playing probability roulette with how they believe the owners of the different chassis will use them and balancing that with how they can compete in the HP/TQ marketing war.

Changing the ECU programming in the 4500/5500 to what comes delivered in the 2500/3500 is well documented and performed often. All the hardware is identical. Naturally, it's a warranty voiding move, but if that doesn't concern you, then it's an easy change. Personally, I would be much more concerned about the life of the transmission than I would about anything else with that mod....even with the heavier duty Aisin trans in there.
I completely agree with you, and it looks like we have the same views on the subject (don't worry, it was a loooooong post so I don't blame you for not reading it):

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjZ06 View Post
...I suspect they "down-rate" it for one of two reasons. One would be marketing. If they're putting the ISB in some of their bigger lines like the Force HD they want to be able to "up-rate" it. Of course, I went and looked it up and strangely the Force's ISB is 340/700... which brings me to the second reason. It might be down-rated to the power level that allows for sustained Wide Open Throttle in this application. With the size of the radiator, intercooler, oil cooler, etc. in mind it could be that 325/750 is where the engineers felt comfortable with sustained WOT in the Isata 5. RVs, especially RVs that tow will be flat to the floor for much longer periods of time than the pickup trucks you'll also find the 6.7L Cummins in.
Basically, just like you said, in an RV it's assumed you'll need to be WOT for long stretches of time. In pickups that's not the case, so much. Granted, I've seen plenty of 3500s with 20k+ lbs trailers that are heavier than an Isata 5 with a reasonable trailer behind it, and I used to tow a 17k+ lbs trailer with my '11 Duramax 2500 all the time (though, I never needed WOT, even to pull 65 up any grade, of course the truck is fully deleted and tuned ). I would consider the 2500/3500 tunes on my Isata 5, but only if I had a good EGT gauge installed to keep an eye on it. In fact, I'd really like to fully delete it and do a mild "tow" tune, nothing big power because as you pointed out the trans still has to deal with whatever power and torque you make. I just hate all the heat generated by regen, as well as the fuel economy and "dead" pedal at tip-in that comes with DPF/DEF equipped rigs. My Dutch Star of course has all of that, but no way was I going to venture into deleting it. With the Isata 5 though the great thing is it's "just a RAM 5500" when it comes down to it, and there are plenty of delete kits for those out there. Sure, there might be some customization to the exhaust itself, but the main delete pipes and tuner should all be the same.

-TJ
Old 08-27-2018, 03:53 PM   #29

Quote:

I installed this for my heavy electrical cord. Simply pull it out, drag it under the coach and hook it up. When breaking camp unhook, drag the bitter end to the reel, push the button and watch it wind up. $200 or just a few bucks more than the Morryde hand crank models. I installed the reel in the cargo bay under the bed, not on the utilities side but the only place I had room for the reel. It's very simple to unwind and drag it over to the connection side and dragging the cord is a lot less strain on my old back than trying to lift the cord in and out of a cargo bin. I put a piece of plywood as a stiffener to the poly bin and wired the reel direct to the batteries with an inline fuse. Shoreline Reels CS12D-SR Power Cord Storage Reel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0725.jpeg
Views:	69
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	184595   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0726.jpeg
Views:	57
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	184596  
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 11:05 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseymyers View Post
......drag the bitter end to the reel....
No mistaking you for a Navy man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseymyers View Post
$200 or just a few bucks more than the Morryde hand crank models. I installed the reel in the cargo bay under the bed, not on the utilities side but the only place I had room for the reel. It's very simple to unwind and drag it over to the connection side and dragging the cord is a lot less strain on my old back than trying to lift the cord in and out of a cargo bin. I put a piece of plywood as a stiffener to the poly bin and wired the reel direct to the batteries with an inline fuse. Shoreline Reels CS12D-SR Power Cord Storage Reel
I like it! Thanks for sharing and for the pictures.

I'm not sure I want to give up that much of my storage bay just yet, but I may change my tune after tussling with the 50amp cord a few times. I REALLY want to install a reel (power or otherwise) in the battery bay! I keep staring at that empty space where there could be a battery, but isn't, and think how nice it would be to have the cord on a reel right there next to the connection point on the coach......or better yet, hard wired into the coach! .....oooph, now I am motivated!
Old 08-28-2018, 06:22 AM   #31

I have more storage space than I have CCC so while I was initially concerned about giving up the cube, now that I’ve traveled for two months I really like the setup and function. I too wanted it hardwired and on the drivers side, but my arrangement works for me and I’ve demoed it to several interested I5 owners. I added two more batteries in the battery box for dry camping so use of that bay was out for me.
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 08:14 AM   #32

Quote:
Oh, tjZ06....

SusieR,
Where do you store the ladder?
Bob😎
Working hard on “elderhood”
RKBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 08:41 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKBob View Post
SusieR,
Where do you store the ladder?
Bob[emoji41]
We bought the carry case for it and it fits nicely in the bottom of the middle bin on the passenger side. The case just makes it nice and flat so things don't get caught on it when we're taking things in or out.
Old 08-31-2018, 10:30 AM   #34

Thanks, I thought it might fit one of the long cross chassis bins either the middle or front!
Bob��
Working hard on “elderhood”
RKBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 12:49 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKBob View Post
Thanks, I thought it might fit one of the long cross chassis bins either the middle or front!
Bob��
It might, it was one of the first things we put in the RV and it fit so well, we've left it there.