Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2019, 12:12 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLT4SPD View Post
So, still a LCI 3000 series window I assume? Does it become a 300SVD with a single large pane above and two vent windows below?

I guess pictures of DANNKO's install would answer my questions.
when I get a chance, but it's just like your windows above the couch, same thing. Same window.

I sold windows for years, awning windows are what those are, not meaning "awnings" like roll out shades.
dannko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:52 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannko View Post
when I get a chance, but it's just like your windows above the couch, same thing. Same window.

I sold windows for years, awning windows are what those are, not meaning "awnings" like roll out shades.
Wait a minute, now I am super confused. The window that is behind our couch is JUST like the dinette window with the exception that both sides are vent windows instead of one side being a vent and one side being an egress. Like this (taken directly from the LCI catalog):

The version I had in my head from what has been said in this thread was this version:

I asked Brian about a "horizontal split" and a fixed upper window and he said "yes, split window". He also said "We just shorten the section that opens", so this 300SVD version is what I had pictured when those comments were made.
Old 07-13-2019, 12:22 AM   #23

let me go take a pic.
Old 07-13-2019, 12:34 AM   #24

BLT it's 12:30am in Shreveport but I went outside and took these pics, this is on the dinette slide like yours. If you lighten up you can see the bottom awning windows size, and the entire unit is the size of that slider you have now. Remind me and I can try to take some in daylight when I return.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7452.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	209702   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7453.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	209703   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7454.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	209704  
Old 07-19-2019, 11:20 AM   #25

Quote:
BLT it's 12:30am in Shreveport but I went outside and took these pics, this is on the dinette slide like yours. If you lighten up you can see the bottom awning windows size, and the entire unit is the size of that slider you have now. Remind me and I can try to take some in daylight when I return.
That's helpful, thank you very much for the effort.

We do not have that style window anywhere in our coach. The big window behind our couch has two, full vertical split, vent windows with no fixed portion. The window next to our dinette is the same, but one half is an egress window. Talking with Dynamax now about getting them replaced so we actually hear ourselves think while driving down the road and don't have to clean up the dusty mess off the back of the couch and the table every time we arrive at a campground.
Old 07-19-2019, 01:13 PM   #26

Quote:
That's helpful, thank you very much for the effort.

We do not have that style window anywhere in our coach. The big window behind our couch has two, full vertical split, vent windows with no fixed portion. The window next to our dinette is the same, but one half is an egress window. Talking with Dynamax now about getting them replaced so we actually hear ourselves think while driving down the road and don't have to clean up the dusty mess off the back of the couch and the table every time we arrive at a campground.
Hey Ben,

We have this style on the entire coach, we only had that one horizontal slider by the dinette. I love this style, picture window for views (if you sit up tall), but easy open windows for ventilation and tight seal when closed. All of mine are awning style windows except the master escape window. When cooler weather comes you can open them up without fear of rain and turn on the maxx fans and it is like a breeze coming thru the coach.
Old 07-23-2019, 07:55 AM   #27

Quote:
Hey Ben,

We have this style on the entire coach, we only had that one horizontal slider by the dinette. I love this style, picture window for views (if you sit up tall), but easy open windows for ventilation and tight seal when closed. All of mine are awning style windows except the master escape window. When cooler weather comes you can open them up without fear of rain and turn on the maxx fans and it is like a breeze coming thru the coach.

Sorry, I should have been more specific; all of our windows are the frameless and awning style windows. We do exactly like you describe all the time, open them for venting and turn on the Maxx fans to draw air through the coach.

What we DON'T have are the frameless windows that have a fixed upper portion with the smaller awning style windows at the bottom. Like what you show in your pictures.
Old 07-23-2019, 11:39 PM   #28

Quote:
Sorry, I should have been more specific; all of our windows are the frameless and awning style windows. We do exactly like you describe all the time, open them for venting and turn on the Maxx fans to draw air through the coach.

What we DON'T have are the frameless windows that have a fixed upper portion with the smaller awning style windows at the bottom. Like what you show in your pictures.
Ah, well we only have that type above the couch and the dinette. The others are where the entire window is awning style. I am jealous though as in CO I bet you can open a lot and turn the Maxx fans on. When those Maxx fans are on at 100% you can seriously create a heavy breeze in the coach. Here in Texas right now, if you turn the fans and have the windows open it feels more like a convection oven.
Old 08-08-2019, 02:54 PM   #29

Just saw this post & it reminded me of what my wife observed during our recent trip. She mentioned vibration of the front window panel at the dinette in our I4 25FW. Of course, I am driving so never saw it and didn't follow up (or really even remember ).

With the coach in the shop right now, not sure when I can get it out to see for myself. But I expect this is not a quick fix anyway - what would be the lead time on a replacement window?

Also, the front panel is the escape window. Since this is right across from the door, can the escape be eliminated? Or does the new design somehow incorporate that?

There is also what I think is the identical size window in the back above the bed - only difference is that the escape panel is toward the rear instead of the front (left vs right as you look at it from inside). I suppose that window should be checked for vibration when driving. Edit: Per a photo, the rear window is not as tall, but may be wider. Will still try to check it.
Old 08-08-2019, 06:00 PM   #30

breaker 1-9 to CB, I could see that dinette window while driving by tilting my rear view up, and it looked like a bass kick drumming pulsating.

Tags
window