Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2017, 06:32 AM   #21

There is not a coax port on the outside of the wall plate. There is only the push button switch on the front of the plate. My best idea so far is to change the plate for one that has the coax port on the front. Make sense?
Ldhansenjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 07:55 AM   #22
Commercial Member

The front TV is connected to coax somewhere.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 08:12 AM   #23

First of all. Thanks for being so responsive. You are a huge asset to us owners and dynamax!

Here is how I think it is wired....

The outside cable in coax goes to the cable in on the back of wall plate.

The king jack antenna goes to antenna in on back of wall plate.

All tv's are connected to the "set" on back of wall plate. Assume with splitters.

Do you think that is correct?
Old 08-13-2017, 10:25 AM   #24
Commercial Member

Yes. But if you disconnect the coax going into the front TV, you should be able to connect that cable to the receiver, then hdmi from receiver to front TV. What model do you have?

Old 08-13-2017, 10:27 AM   #25
Commercial Member

Never mind, found your first post.

Old 08-14-2017, 05:56 AM   #26

Not sure if anyone is interested but I would have loved to know this when planning to add satellite tv for my coach.

I know there are a few variations over time of how the wiring was done.

I have the black winegard wall plate on my front entry way control panel. Mine has just the push button switch for the 12v power to the king jack antenna on the roof. There are 3 coax cables connected on the back of the wall plate:

1. One goes to the roof mount king jack antenna. This is the one that 12v can be applied when the button is pushed.
2. One comes from the cable/satellite port on the outside of the coach.
3. The last one (I believe) goes to the front tv, rear tv and jack on outside where you can hang the tv on the wall.

I do not have the bunk over cab option. So I have the cabinets and little spot to the left of the tv for the receiver. In that spot the is a power outlet and 2 USB ports as well as a AV cable (3 jacks red white and yellow). The av cable goes into the wall and comes out and is connected to the front tv.

I also pulled the Jensen out to see what connections it had. It has an hdmi to the front tv for DVD play and an AV (3 jacks red white and yellow) to the rear tv for DVD play.

I bought a dish playmaker and a Wally to set up satellite tv. I was ok just having one tv. But it has both hdmi and AV outputs. So I figured I can probably pull off having both tv's served by one Wally. Obviously, they can not be on different channels.

So I pulled the winegard wall plate from the wall and disconnected the cable in from the outside cable/satellite input. I put a coax barrel connector on that line and ran a temporary coax to the Wally receiver. Then I pulled the AV cable from the back of the Jensen and connected it to the Wally AV out. And last ran an hdmi cable from Wally to front tv. So now everything works! Front tv has HD from receiver. Rear tv has satellite but not as good quality but good enough.

So to clean up my install I am going to change the winegard wall plate with the one that has the cable output on the front and will run a cable around the inside door frame.

The only thing I lose in this is being able to watch a DVD on the rear tv. No issue for me
Old 08-25-2017, 10:29 AM   #27
GDH

seriously looking at purchasing an isata 3... is there a central location for a video switch box? would to run TV's independent of one another for satellite/dvd/antenna... also can tv's and video equipment to arranged to run off of inverter/batteries??
GDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 01:15 PM   #28

Hi gdh

I am really enjoying my isata 3.

I did just get the above implemented and quite happy.

There is a spot where you could bring back all the cables but I really did not want to try to run a bunch of new wires. Would love to hear if anyone has done that and found a good routing.

I did change my wall plate to a winegard 7542 this one has two coax ports out the front. One is for the satellite connect and one is for another tv. I connected the coax on the back of the plate to the cable/satellite from the outside to the port for satellite. I just connected the antenna coax to the antenna port and the set (this as my 2 tv's and outside jack) connected to it. Then just reconnected the 12v power leads.

I still have to find a good way to run the cable from the front of the wall plate over the door to the cubby to the Wally receiver.

And I pulled the rca jacks off the back of the Jensen and connected them to the back of the Wally so I do have satellite tv for the bedroom tv. Just no high def.

So I have the hdmi from Wally to front tv and great high def there. I have both tv's still working over the air high def from rooftop antenna (including jack for outside tv) . And I have hdmi to front tv from Jensen.

So good enough for now!

Tags
lite, satellite, switch, winegard