Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2017, 11:05 AM   #21
Commercial Member

selling dealer will tell you what they think is true. And maybe it is...my other thought would be the SWM thing. I would confirm the dip switches to be safe.

Main coax is what does to the roof sat. Coax in the bedroom is from the park cable for OTA. There is only ONE coax to the roof sat. All the other coax cables would be for OTA.

Today, there is one HDMI cable that does to a 1x4 splitter. That has always been on the DX3...I don't think it mason the Force but I know I added that when I got here late 2015, early 2016.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 07:06 PM   #22

BClemens,

I will be ordering an Isata 3 RW with the Roadtrip T4. The T4 has 2 coax ports for 2 individual receivers (main & bedroom). I want to be sure that when this coach is built that both of these ports are wired with individual coax cables from the roof T4 down to the main area where the receiver will be located. There should also be a coax dedicated for the second port sat signal between the main area & bedroom. This is to accommodate & fully utilize the capability of the T4 to watch different channels in the bedroom & Main area simultaneously utilizing either a dual-tuner receiver located in the main area or individual single tuner receivers, one in bedroom & one in the main area. The cable from the "Jack" Digital TV antenna also needs be located in the main area for On-The-Air signals. Another coax needs to be dedicated for this "Jack"OTA signal back to the bedroom as well. Selection between Jack OTA or Sat would be done by selecting the appropriate input on each TV. The campground cable connection should also be routed to the main area for connection to an A/B switch. And the connector for an outdoor TV should also be routed back to the main area. Please verify to ensure me that this is how this coach would be wired. Thanks.
Magnatudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 01:08 PM   #23

I have a 2018 isata 5 with a factory installed road trip t4. The satellite is mounted on the rear and there are two black coax cables that are behind the bedroom Rv. There is also an hdmi cable that appears to be routed to the living room cabinet. Are the two black coax cables both hooked up to the dish? There are no extra coax cables in the living room. If so, how are you supposed to get a box in the living room area?
ctboatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 01:57 PM   #24

BClemens - Please read T4 sat questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatudes View Post
BClemens,

I will be ordering an Isata 3 RW with the Roadtrip T4. The T4 has 2 coax ports for 2 individual receivers (main & bedroom). I want to be sure that when this coach is built that both of these ports are wired with individual coax cables from the roof T4 down to the main area where the receiver will be located. There should also be a coax dedicated for the second port sat signal between the main area & bedroom. This is to accommodate & fully utilize the capability of the T4 to watch different channels in the bedroom & Main area simultaneously utilizing either a dual-tuner receiver located in the main area or individual single tuner receivers, one in bedroom & one in the main area. The cable from the "Jack" Digital TV antenna also needs be located in the main area for On-The-Air signals. Another coax needs to be dedicated for this "Jack"OTA signal back to the bedroom as well. Selection between Jack OTA or Sat would be done by selecting the appropriate input on each TV. The campground cable connection should also be routed to the main area for connection to an A/B switch. And the connector for an outdoor TV should also be routed back to the main area. Please verify to ensure me that this is how this coach would be wired. Thanks.
It seems like others have issues with this as well. My description above is the correct way to wire these factory installed T4 RoadTrip Sat antennas in order to take full advantage of there ability to work with dual tuners. Please look into this. Thanks.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:00 AM   #25
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatudes View Post
BClemens,

It is not wired that way. However, you can submit a request for that through your dealer. We can then return to them an option cost.

That would include everything BUT the AB switch. We don't carry them currently and would rather that selection be made by the end user or dealer, specific to their need.

Old 10-23-2017, 11:05 AM   #26

Are their any wiring diagrams for the different coaches? I am only talking tv wiring like coax, hdmi etc.

2018 Isata 5 DS
sseaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:12 AM   #27

Brian,
All I ask is that during assembly and installation of RG6 coax cables, that you install two cables instead of just one from the T4 sat antenna to the main area where a dish receiver would be located in the bunk entertainment area. Very simple to do. pull two cables thru instead of just one. Another 10-15ft of cable. I purchased the factory installed T4 assuming that the factory will install the full capability of this antenna. I expect to watch a different dish channel on each TV. A/B switch does not do that. I also expect that there would be a coax cable run from the main entertainment bunk to the bedroom TV and another coax from the main entertainment bunk to the external TV area. The campground cable should also terminate at the main entertainment bunk. This configuration would allow for the end-user to add a/b switches for the desired distribution of all sources from one area. If that is not what you do now, then it needs to be reviewed. Please send us a diagram of how it is wired now.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:27 AM   #28
Commercial Member

I understand what you are asking to do, but your description did not match how we wire it.

We currently run both coax cables from the satellite to the receiver area if the sat option is requested.

We wire a single coax from the utility area (park cable) to the Winegard antenna plate. From there we split off to each of the TV's. That allows you to watch OTA TV on all TV's by setting to AIR and then scanning for channels with the antenna booster ON.

Then, if you turn OFF the power booster, then you should be able to turn each TV to "Cable", scan for channels and get the park cable set up.

If you'd like something other than that you can put in a special request. For instance...an extra coax from the main area to the bedroom TV??? We don't do that because most it not all of the new receivers do not have coax out. We do not currently feed HDMI to the outside TV as the DVD handles that or OTA. It is something we are looking at.

95-98% of our users are perfectly happy with the current setup. We find that 2-5% of our users are what we call power users and its best to handle those cases specifically.

I for one, on the last week long trip I took, never turned any TV on even one time. My kids watched some DVD's, but the wife and I did not. I understand not everyone travels that way and for college football, would certainly make some alternate arrangements, but pretty easy to stream or get things how I need for that case.

Old 10-23-2017, 12:14 PM   #29

OTA & park cable seems OK as long as the TV can select which input the viewer wants to watch.

Regarding T4 sat signals, there are 2 options. Option 1 is with a dual-tuner receiver. both coax cables from the T4 sat antenna would feed this dual-tuner receiver. In this case the main TV would be using one tuner with HDMI out & IR remote. The bedroom TV would require a coax connection to the second tuner within this dual-tuner receiver & would use an RF remote. This tuner broadcasts the second sat signal onto a user-defined cable channel. Therefore, a coax cable is needed between the front entertainment bunk and the bedroom. A user can install an A/B switch in bedroom to select between OTA/Park cable or Sat. If there is a dedicated coax between the front entertainment area and the external patio TV location, then the user can install a coax splitter at the front entertainment area to split the second sat signal to both bedroom & outside patio.

Option 2 would be to have 2 single-tuner sat receivers, one in front & one in the bedroom.
Each receiver would need one coax from the T4. If both ports on the T4 are cabled to the front entertainment area then one of them would be for the front receiver and the other would be coupled to the coax cable that runs to the bedroom. Each receiver would utilize a HDMI output to feed the TV. If there is a coax or HDMI routed between the bedroom and the patio area then then bedroom receiver with RF remote could feed a split sat signal to the external TV (bedroom TV relocated outside).

So the bottom line is this:

Provide two separate RG6 coax cables from T4 sat antenna to front entertainment area

Provide access to coax cable that feeds outside patio & bedroom to the front entertainment area. This will provide the end user with the ability to add splitters & A/B switches in front entertainment area for selecting between sat or OTA/park cable to bedroom & patio.
Old 10-23-2017, 12:32 PM   #30
Commercial Member

I would likely wire mine with a dual-tuner DVR. Main HDMI output to the main TV. 2nd HDMI output to a 1x3 splitter that would feed the bedroom TV and the outside TV.

Or, two sat signals to the main receiver. Then coax from the main to a 2nd "slave" receiver that can see what is recorded on the main DVR up front.

In any event...each of us use different equipment (Dish or DirecTV or maybe portable sat), different viewing habits, etc. Most people are fine with what we have currently, those that aren't we offer a path to get what you want. I participate for factory direct info, but it still has to go through your dealer so that all the T's are crossed and the I's dotted. If there is something you saw that you want, that is not clearly discussed in the brochure. Request it when you order so we're all on the same page.

Old 10-23-2017, 01:38 PM   #31

Thanks again,
The receiver that I most likely will use is one that I have in the house which is a DishNet dual-tuner with DVR. However, this receiver only has one HDMI output for the main tuner & a coax output for the second tuner that broadcasts on a user-define cable channel. I would do the same as you suggested, but split the second tuner coax. However, I would need to have access to the coax that feeds OTA/park cable to the bedroom/patio in the front entertainment area where the sat receiver would be located. Where are the park cable & OTA antenna feeds tied into the distribution cables for the front TV, bedroom TV & patio TV. Can the feeds be separated from the distribution cables? In other words, the park cable & OTA antenna cables can be terminated in the front entertainment area as well as the patio & bedroom cables? Let the end user determine how the feeds will be tied into the distribution with user supplied splitters & A/B switches?
Old 10-23-2017, 03:30 PM   #32
Commercial Member

Your response (sorry..no offense intended here) is case in point of what I am saying. In this case it looks like you are using a legacy receiver.

If you look at Dish. The most common and only current receiver listed is the Wally. That has one HDMI out and an RCA out, no coax out and only one coax in. So what we should be doing to be future proof is wiring both coax cables to the receiver area (for dual single receivers) with HDMI split to all TV's with a RF remotes. Then you can use single receiver or double and decide which on splits out to the other TV's

You can do a dual tuner DVR...but both tuners have to be on the same satellite and I have yet to confirm functionality with the in-motion Road Trip (which says it does not work with the Hopper). I have requested a meeting to go over all of this with Winegard and the Satellite providers. The first time someone misses a "game of Thrones" episode because they were watching another channel I will get a strongly worded email.

So it would be best to wire it how you want it.

Old 10-23-2017, 07:38 PM   #33

Last 5th wheel had Traveler dish, Hopper wouldn't work without an additional electronic part. Didn't bother because was stationary snow birding in Lake Havasu City and had a stick built Casita with a regular sat dish. Had to add a solo node for hopper to work and apparently something is available for RV dishes to make it work.
My problem is the lack of follow through on MHS when I told them to change dip switches for Dish and they didn't. Found out on the road; didn't try to set up my Wally there because the rig was under cover.
Had checked with Dish tech and the 722 receiver, dual tuner and DVR, will work with T4 but if it is powered up while driving you have a great chance of trashing the hard drive.
hook47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 07:45 PM   #34
Commercial Member

I would feel better about the wally. It has a DVR add-on....which just looks to be a USB ad on drive. I imagine if one is careful to not over load it...you could get by with a smaller SSD. If possible that eliminates the hard drive vibration issue (if its even that big of a deal. Probably a CYA statement as I have heard it before. But I've also used my laptop in the car.)

Old 10-23-2017, 08:47 PM   #35

Brian, Yeah it's a legacy receiver but it will save me another monthly charge.
In our Country Coach we used 211K receivers. I believe you can still buy 211Z receivers. They are supposed to be even smaller than the 211K. I have not looked into it but they probably have a HDMI & coax output.

Regarding your comment about RF remotes, if someone wishes to control a dual-tuner receiver with two different channels simultaneusly, then one remote has to be in IR mode to prevent the other user from changing channels on both tuners.

You are correct about both tuners need to be viewing channels on same satellite. This is the disadvantage of in-motion sat antennas. However, there are many channels on each satellite.

I'm still laughing about Game of Thrones & strongly worded email. :-)

Future-proofing is the safest & likely least costly in the long run.

You keep referring to HDMI to all three locations. Is that what is standard in a 24RW? I don't think this would solve the dual-tuner viewing unless Dish (dunno about DirecTV) has a receiver other than Hopper that provides 2 HDMI outs, one for each tuner.

And you are right about SSD in lieu of a hard drive in a DVR application. Laptops have a different drive construction & usually mounted on rubber baby buggy bumpers.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:36 AM   #36
Commercial Member

I've got no issues with a legacy receiver and how you want it wired...that just isn't the way that we wire them. So that would be a custom request.

After my meeting with Winegard/DirecTV/Dish, I would like to be more concise in what we do offer and suggest what receivers you buy.

Tags
winegard