Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2019, 09:54 PM   #1
Part timer

Wiring diagram

How does one obtain a wiring diagram for a 2018 DX3 / DXC37TS / S/N DXC001960 ?

It would be helpful when trying to troubleshoot problems, and no I haven’t added or modified anything, but currently my servicing dealer is 300 miles away and having a wiring diagram might save me a 600 mile round trip, twice.

I have tried e-mailing Dynamax customer support about another issue, it’s been two weeks and no reply.

Thanks
2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax TRD
2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ tow/trail ride
Southeastern Tennessee
BBC Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 10:03 PM   #2
Commercial Member

PM me the last 8...never mind I can use the serial number.

Who did you email and what email did you use? It helps to figure out if we're not replying or we're not receiving.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 11:43 PM   #3
Part timer

Here is the e-mail address I used dynamax-service@forestriverinc.com , 1-8-2019.

One question regarding the thermostat for the heat and A/C I subsequently asked on the forum and got a quick reply with a link to a pdf with the information I needed.

The other question is related to the black water tank flush, I have tried to use it but it doesn’t seem to allow any water to flow, the last time I tried it there was still air in my water hose when I disconnected it. On my previous 5th wheel I could hear the wash head spinning, on this unit I don’t hear anything at all.

Thanks for your help.
Southeastern Tennessee
Old 01-29-2019, 10:40 AM   #4
Commercial Member

Best way to check is to open the valve and see what comes out.

One of two things have happened. The black tank flush is clogged with toilet paper that has hardened (very common) or the check valve is bad. Well three things...it could be backwards too. I think that vacuum breaker/check valve is in the nav base (normally it is)

Here are the plumbing drawings...that might give you some direction on the check valve.

Electrical, I'm not sure I have the older stuff in pdf. Your's I assume does not have the multi-flex touch panel? or does it?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf D02020563chassis_REV7_FORCE_DX3.pdf (300.7 KB, 91 views)
File Type: pdf D02020566_REV1_DX3_FORCE_roof.pdf (214.0 KB, 88 views)
File Type: pdf DXC_37TS_CODE DWGS.pdf (136.8 KB, 102 views)
File Type: pdf D02020564_REV2_ELECCMPTSK1_553replace.pdf (482.4 KB, 87 views)

Old 01-29-2019, 11:06 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Best way to check is to open the valve and see what comes out.

One of two things have happened. The black tank flush is clogged with toilet paper that has hardened (very common) or the check valve is bad. Well three things...it could be backwards too. I think that vacuum breaker/check valve is in the nav base (normally it is)

Here are the plumbing drawings...that might give you some direction on the check valve.

Electrical, I'm not sure I have the older stuff in pdf. Your's I assume does not have the multi-flex touch panel? or does it?
The Dynamax owners are lucky. I do notice one thing I find different in the plumbing arrangement though. I'm not a Dynamax owner and it's not important but just curious. The water filter appears to not be a whole house type (not used) except when on water pump (holding tank) usage. Quite different than what I am used to. Excellent drawing assistance.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 11:11 AM   #6
Commercial Member

Yes, that's the way it has been since I have been here. I don't know that I ever heard the why...I think we have talked about changing that, but many people use a filter on the hose, inline with city water or drink bottled. I supposed I should figure out why they did that here in the first place.

Old 01-29-2019, 11:58 AM   #7

Thank you for your response.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 12:01 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC Cobra View Post
How does one obtain a wiring diagram for a 2018 DX3 / DXC37TS / S/N DXC001960 ?

It would be helpful when trying to troubleshoot problems, and no I haven’t added or modified anything, but currently my servicing dealer is 300 miles away and having a wiring diagram might save me a 600 mile round trip, twice.

I have tried e-mailing Dynamax customer support about another issue, it’s been two weeks and no reply.

Thanks
As a side note...

dynamax-service@forestriverinc.com was being sent to a person that no longer works at this division. I assumed they would have forwarded it (so that we were aware that it was not being forwarded properly) but alas, they did not.

We have been using direct email to the service reps so I was not aware anyone was still sending to that email...but now that we know it is being corrected.

Dynamax Contact Us

Is the direct link to the service reps, and parts and sales.

Sorry for the mix up.

Old 01-29-2019, 12:03 PM   #9
Part timer

I don’t have the multiplex touch panel, there is information about it on the thumb drive which has the owners manual though.

I will look for the check valve, I did leave the dump valve open for about 5 minutes to see if there was any flow but there wasn’t.

Thanks for the pdf’s.
Southeastern Tennessee
Old 01-29-2019, 12:05 PM   #10
Commercial Member

With the age of the unit, I would suspect a "clog". I don't recall the thread, but I think sseaner or someone else pulled theirs and found it clogged. They gave some nice pictures and procedures as I recall...there only two screws and some sealant to pull it.

Old 01-29-2019, 12:13 PM   #11
Part timer

The e-mail address is still listed on the Dynamax Owners app which I downloaded to my iPad a couple of weeks ago, see attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F8BEAE14-4AD1-4942-9126-B04494A9DE20.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	195620  
Southeastern Tennessee
Old 01-29-2019, 12:24 PM   #12
Commercial Member

Well, that explains it. Thanks for showing me that. The warranty manuals are done by a corporate group, we're just finally getting control over that.

I changed that one today so that it forwards to the proper person...but we should probably change that to link to the "contact us" page. I hate changing things in 9 different locations for this reason...one always gets missed.

Old 01-29-2019, 04:05 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
With the age of the unit, I would suspect a "clog". I don't recall the thread, but I think sseaner or someone else pulled theirs and found it clogged. They gave some nice pictures and procedures as I recall...there only two screws and some sealant to pull it.
That'd be me

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for....php?p=1603582

Since replaced it a second time. Trying not to drive with as full of a tank otherwise may be looking at different models.
Old 01-29-2019, 04:16 PM   #14
Commercial Member

There is one call the "tornado" as I recall...but we couldn't use it because it wasn't a listed part for some reason.

Old 01-29-2019, 05:27 PM   #15

Yeah I bought one but will likely need to drop the tank and maybe enlarge the hole to get it installed. So I gave the camco one a second try
Old 01-29-2019, 05:43 PM   #16
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I'm thinking air pressure through the line. Run as high as you can. Most damage you can do is blow the vacuum break.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 06:34 AM   #17
Consumer of Space

I've done the declog and honestly it couldn't be much easier:

Open the storage doors on the passenger side that gives you a view of the black tank.
Un do two screws and pull the nozzle.
Disconnect nuzzle from hose and clean out.

It literally takes 20 minutes start to finish. If I had to try dealing with air to blow it out I think it'd take longer with less guarantee of success.
Old 01-30-2019, 05:58 PM   #18
Part timer

After locating the check valve / backflow preventer, under the floor of the forward closet in the bedroom on my model, and deciding not to remove the floor of closet just to remove and check the valve which might not be the actual problem, I removed the flush valve from the tank and off the end of the pex piping and then turned the water on and it flowed to that point without any trouble so that confirmed that the check valve / backflow preventer was installed correctly and functioning.

My flush valve looked just like the one FOURWHL showed in his post, so I cleaned it and enlarged the holes a little bit and reinstalled it. The sealer I used is supposed to cure for 24 hours, so tomorrow I will test it out.

Thanks to Brian and FOURWHL...
Southeastern Tennessee
Old 01-31-2019, 07:34 AM   #19

Good move for flushing the line too. I almost forgot that the first time and had it all back together when I thought twice. Took it apart and sure enough a poop bullet came shooting out of the pex!

I did try air, but the hose fitting leaks enough that I couldnt really build any pressure. Needless to say when you take these things apart and see how much crud has accumulated in there its no longer surprising it wasnt flowing. Now I just need to figure out how to keep the stuff out.
Old 01-31-2019, 07:53 AM   #20

bclemens - as always, great support!!
Never Enough Time Camping!!
ben31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diagram, wiring