Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2019, 12:54 PM   #1

Wrong Parts, Again

I have posted in the past cases where Dynamax has sent the wrong parts so I won’t rehash those issues. Back in June I started the process of getting the last remaining warranty issues taken care of before the end of the warranty. The dealership, Nielson RV, St George, UT, was communicating with Brian Meeks instead of Brandon. Not sure why this wasn’t taken care of by Brian by passing on info to Brandon or telling dealer to contact Brandon.

Personal/health issues took precedence over concerns of pieces and parts for the RV although I did contact the dealer periodically. Approval had been given for the parts/work but this communication error greatly slowed the parts ordering process. Once this was resolved the parts were ordered and all came in about 3 weeks or so ago. As soon as I was notified I dropped off the RV.

Today I was notified that there are some issues with some of the parts. On one of my past posts I attached a picture of the soft touch ceiling in the living room slide that had a wide, long area where the foam behind the vinyl lining was all depressed and wrinkled. I was told yesterday that the panel sent was the wrong size.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...on-162759.html

After the A/C covers were replaced there were some gaps between the new covers and the baton that covers the gap between ceiling panels. The batons that were sent are the wrong color.

Lastly, the screw cap molding that fits in a channel just below the area below the roof to side joint came in unpainted. I believe Brian that you said the molding is sent in black. If so, this will be the only black color on the RV which I don’t think will look good. Is it the intent to let the installing dealer paint it to match? I'm including a picture of the RV because the picture of the molding is not true to color.

The health issues are now in the manageable range and we have scheduled an RV trip over the New Year Holidays believing that the repairs would be completed. Brian, would appreciate your/parts help in expediting the proper parts to the dealership so they can be installed in time to prep for the trip. Since these parts aren't critical for use of the RV, if the parts can't come be sent in a timely manner I'll be happy to wait till after the new year for any remaining repairs if that works for Dynamax/you.

Thanks in advance, Gordon.
1FVACXFE8JHJJ6660
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171003_172929.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	240.2 KB
ID:	220138  
Attached Images

Old 12-04-2019, 05:52 PM   #2
Commercial Member

1. When the AC covers (I assume interior if you have Atwood???) get reinstalled, there is also another part that covers the same area as the old part. The batons are vinyl wrapped. I am not 100% sure if we have the old color still. It is a slightly different shade of white. But the 2nd part to the new covers, should cover 100% of the old ones. (At least I thought)

2. The screw molding for the channel comes in black. The shrink in the material is caused by temperature changes so the policy is to ship in black since it is technically not a manufacturing defect...but we try not to split hairs on it. I'm not sure I agree with the "only black part on the coach" in that the rubber trim on the cab is black, the drop shadows are black, the door frame is black, the handles are black. Today, I think we actually leave it black just for this reason and if it shrinks, its a whole lot easier to replace. But I am not sure what warranty/parts intended.

I will have to check with parts/service to see what the status is.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 06:32 PM   #3

Atwood A/Cs, and the flat plastic surround is installed. Gaps aren't huge but definitely visible and annoying. I'd rather have same color white or just not look up and leave it as it is.

True on the only black on the coach comment. Just used to seeing painted molding in red and rubber trim in black. As the saying goes, "it is what it is". Have you had the black molding also shrink? As far as "shrinkage" goes, I believe George Costanza proved it is actually cold that makes it shrink.
hook47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 07:48 PM   #4
Commercial Member

If we have have it, we'll certainly send them. Most OEM's just use the white plastic and do not vinyl wrap them. I have thought about that as well....then no worries about match...but they are more noticeable.

As for the strip, I shot this chain over to my warranty manager. Whenever we are talking goodwill replacement, each case is handled differently and in many cases the customer doesn't even know it was goodwill, we just note it in our file. Again, its not our goal to deny or brow beat anyone over small cost items.

And yes, we all know George has proven that shrinkage is a thing. There is a possibility that it could be warmed up, stretched and a screw placed at the ends...but sometimes that is more trouble than its worth.

Old 12-05-2019, 10:25 AM   #5

I do appreciate goodwill shown to me. To the best of my recollection all of my request for warranty work had been requested at one time or another through the two dealerships I have worked with during the warranty period. Nielson's has been the most response in addressing these issues. As with many others, there were things I just took care of and others beyond my ability to fix the dealerships have taken care of.

With the exception of the chafed line in the engine compartment which left us on the side of I40 for most of a day (no fault of Dynamax), nothing that has had to be repaired has kept us from fully using the coach. And enjoying it.

As many have said, your involvement on this forum and with the product has improved everyone's experience and knowledge of our RVs. Thank you.
Old 12-05-2019, 04:45 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hook47 View Post
I do appreciate goodwill shown to me. To the best of my recollection all of my request for warranty work had been requested at one time or another through the two dealerships I have worked with during the warranty period. Nielson's has been the most response in addressing these issues. As with many others, there were things I just took care of and others beyond my ability to fix the dealerships have taken care of.

With the exception of the chafed line in the engine compartment which left us on the side of I40 for most of a day (no fault of Dynamax), nothing that has had to be repaired has kept us from fully using the coach. And enjoying it.

As many have said, your involvement on this forum and with the product has improved everyone's experience and knowledge of our RVs. Thank you.
Glad to hear it. As I said I shot the link over to my warranty manager just follow up on what they had intended in regards to any repair.

Old 12-05-2019, 04:50 PM   #7

Old 12-16-2019, 01:28 PM   #8

Brian, the dealership is still having problems with one remaining part which is the soft touch ceiling panel for the living room slide out. I've posted pictures and you have responded on the wrinkles in past posts, maybe a year or so ago. The problem is that parts sent a main ceiling panel. According to the dealership's service writer your parts department was saying it is the right part. They have sent a picture of the wrong part held up to the slide out ceiling for comparison. Hope this will end the confusion.

The dealership's parts manager has apparently been working with Danielle on this issue but the manager wasn't at work today for me to talk to about this issue. I know this is a difficult time of year but I am still hopeful that the part will get here so it can be replaced prior to our New Year's RV trip.

Thanks for any help you can give in this matter,
Gordon
Old 12-16-2019, 03:51 PM   #9
Commercial Member

The main ceiling panel is the exact same material we use on the slide out panel. I am told we just don't cut them down and that someone needs to do that on-site. I'll see what I can find out.

Old 12-17-2019, 04:47 PM   #10

Thanks. The way it was explained to me was the panel wasn't large enough to cover the entire slide out ceiling how ever they might have cut it. Also, the service writer wasn't sure if they could properly cut the panel.

Haven't talked to them today; will try and touch base with them tomorrow.

Tags
parts