Old 12-15-2017, 06:50 PM   #1
2018 Isata 3 24FW

Xite Infotainment Center questions for Dynamax

I guest these questions are really for BCLEMENS regarding the XSG2-X2S installation in the Isata 3.

1. Does Dynamax use the OEM Mercedes antenna or another brand antenna? If it is another brand, can that antenna be plugged directly into the XSG2-X2s or is an adapter required? No AM reception, just static.

2. Does the XSG2-X2S require a steering wheel control adapter to connect the head unit to the MB smart wheel so that the volume and phone controls will work? The volume and phone controls do not function.

3. Is there an installation manual available for the XSG2-X2S or the factory work instructions about how to install the XSG2-X2S? The user manual is on line but I can't find anything about how the head unit is actually installed or connected. What connects to what?

Spike4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 07:57 AM   #2
GM

1. We use the OEM antenna with an adaptor. In many cases it is put up in the A-pillar. others on there have grabbed it out and extended it across the dash and that has helped. I think we're doing the same thing today.

2. Yes. Although we started getting steering wheel controls before we actually had developed a module to work with them. So there may be some out there without a modelule...some 17's before it was really an option.

3. I'll have to check.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 07:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
1. We use the OEM antenna with an adaptor. In many cases it is put up in the A-pillar. others on there have grabbed it out and extended it across the dash and that has helped. I think we're doing the same thing today.

2. Yes. Although we started getting steering wheel controls before we actually had developed a module to work with them. So there may be some out there without a modelule...some 17's before it was really an option.

3. I'll have to check.

Brian, #2 Can one purchase this module to make the ones that don’t work now work?
Jlole76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:33 AM   #4
GM

Looks like the supplier that designed it, made a little "how to" if you wanted to add it later.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf VIM910-041817.pdf (2.36 MB, 39 views)
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 12-21-2017, 12:09 PM   #5
2018 Isata 3 24FW

bclemens,

"Looks like the supplier that designed it, made a little "how to" if you wanted to add it later."

Excellent. Thanks for your help.
Spike4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 06:33 AM   #6

My steering wheel controls do not work either. Is there anywhere I might check to see if they were just not connected?

Regarding the inop radio, RiverPark told me if the antenna is connected it could be an issue with the antenna ground. Any way to check that?

Thanks,
Dave
caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 07:47 AM   #7
GM

Yours could be because it is not our normal radio....so if there are some data changes from the 6" Xite to the 9" Xite. I guess that's why we run a proto.
Old 12-22-2017, 08:25 AM   #8

So is there any fix for the steering wheel controls?
Old 12-22-2017, 08:45 AM   #9
GM

Until I know what the issue is, I'm not sure what the solution will be.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:24 AM   #10

Have you ever seen the steering wheel controls work on the 9” Xite? Before mine left the factory did they work?