Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2018, 08:34 AM   #1

Xite Isata 3 Software update

I just installed the software update from RiverPark. They sent it to me on a flash drive.

There had been 2 software issues with the Xite Infotainment/GPS unit. This fixed them both.

The first issue was no camera picture when the turn signal was selected - works normally now.

The second involved the steering wheel volume controls. With this software update it now works. However, it does operate a little different than other steering wheel controls I have used. When one of the steering wheel volume control buttons are pushed momentarily [less than a second], the volume changes one increment for each push. If the volume button is held down, the radio station changes [like from 99.7 to 99.8 and so on].

This was the first Xite that Dynamax installed. Everyone was worked hard to iron out the glitches, Chris at RiverPark in particular. The only thing left to fix is the weak FM reception and no AM. It is likely an antenna issue that Dynamax will fix on our June visit to Elkhart.

This is a really nice system, the screen is superb, the GPS is great, it's easy to read at a glance, the controls are intuitive, bluetooth works really well. As noted by some on the forum, the only drawback I can see is there is only one screen. The GPS screen goes to camera when the turn signals are on, so you have to remember directions throughout the turn. That seems to be typical of class Cs.

Dave
caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:14 AM   #2

Dave,

I have not had time to play with the XITE since I took delivery. I think my steering wheel controls did not work at all. However, what you describe is odd. Volume should be volume, and station changing should be a separate button. Can you detail out what each button does? Sounds like the software is not quite right yet.
Regarding cameras taking over the screen, I agree. When I get around to it, I will separate the cams from the XITE and mount a screen on the dash that will display all three cams full time. I just think that it's best to know what is all around you at all times. Once I find the right monitor with the built in controls for selecting individual cam inputs or split screen, and a mount that will fit into the small right-side dash pocket above the ignition switch.

Another observation, does your screen display raster lines when one of your sideview cams is on. Fuzzy pic.
Magnatudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 03:00 PM   #3

Hey Andy,

I just put the Isata in storage yesterday & it’s about 15 miles away so I can’t say what buttons there are. Memory tells me that there was just volume controls on the right side, a plus and a minus button. I raised that same question you have with RiverPark. Chris said he would get back to me if that was not the way MB intended it to work.

Regarding the cameras they are very clear with no lines. Looks like a really good TV picture.

We usually cruise with the rear camera on just to keep an eye on the Abart. Full time cameras with dedicated screens would be pretty nice 👍

Happy camping.

Dave
Old 03-15-2018, 06:55 AM   #4

"The only thing left to fix is the weak FM reception and no AM. It is likely an antenna issue that Dynamax will fix on our June visit to Elkhart."

IF it is ever fixed to receive AM radio,

PLEASE!!!

Find out what was done and share the fix.
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 07:21 AM   #5

Chris at RiverPark told me that there had been an issue with grounding of the radio antenna at Dynamax. He also said he thought they had fixed that problem. I'll let you know what the problem with radio reception is when Dynamax straightens it out for me in June
Old 03-15-2018, 04:31 PM   #6

Boy, I wish my turn signal cameras would quit working, OK during the daytime but blinding at night.
USN-RET/DOD-RET
mlmay12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 08:20 AM   #7

This must be a different system, but on the Xite MB9 they made it easy to adjust the brightness. On the left side, second button above the knob is the dedicated brightness button. There is also an auto-brightness setting that adjusts the screen to ambient light conditions. This system included a remote, but I haven't used it yet.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Xite MB9.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	165386  
Old 03-17-2018, 11:32 AM   #8

Yep definitely different than the Sony. You can adjust the overall brightness but turn signal inputs stay the same. A real shocker at night, I haven't really dug into it yet but I will shut them down soon.
USN-RET/DOD-RET
mlmay12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 02:56 AM   #9
AF CMSGT RET

Okay all you electronics types here is my problems.
1. I have ? or at least it looks like a XSG2NA-x2S. That is the Instruction Manual I have , BUT the front screen isn't the same. The faceplate on my center does not have a cd placement like the XSG2NA-x2S Manual shows. So I don't know what model I have. I have an Isata 3 RWM built in May of 2017 titled as a 2018. VIN 8BNPF4CC4GE126966. Looking at my Factory install Items It says that I have an XSG2NA-X2SM Which I don't have the Owners Manual for on the Thumbdrive I was given, So I was wondering first the difference between the X2S and X2SM ?
2, Either way I do have some complains of which the biggest is that , when the sun is shining on the big window that is curved back and the units screen which is slanted forward on the dash, that even with the brightness setting on5 it fades out and if I'm wearing sunglasses the screen is almost invisible. Like there needs to be a lip shade on the top of the screen???
3. BClemens, BMeeks do I have the model I am supposed to have and if so why did they do away with the CD drive,,,OR did I receive a leftover unit for my coach.? Any Ideas
Oh Yeah I forgot to mention the weak Radio reception within the anchorage bowl; I'm comparing to my 2015 dodge truck and 2016 Subaru radiostraveling in only the Anchorage bowl area. :>(
pickeljr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 09:19 AM   #10

I have not verified it but I believe that the antenna installed in my coach is a third party powered FM antenna. The Mercedes antenna connector is not used. I repositioned my antenna deep into the dash above all the metal bracing and cleaned up the spider's nest of wiring. AM reception is non-existent.
Old 04-03-2018, 11:34 AM   #11

"I have not verified it but I believe that the antenna installed in my coach is a third party powered FM antenna. The Mercedes antenna connector is not used"

If the pattern in the center of the wind shield is the M-B antenna , might it work if plugged in.

Such a nice coach with no radio sucks!
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 03:02 PM   #12
AF CMSGT RET

so how can this be fixed ? is there a dealer fix or a DIY fix? without to much complication?
Old 04-03-2018, 08:47 PM   #13

The powered (probably amplified) antenna in my coach get excellent FM reception but no AM. It was sloppily placed behind the radio. I have been cleaning up the sloppy wiring and found a place deep under the dash above the metal structure. This may help even more with reception. Dunno about AM. Won't know for at least another month.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:53 PM   #14
AF CMSGT RET

I did find out from the company that builds the radio that the most up to date is is the 3.0 version but no idea on how to fix reception yet was advised to hav a third party install another radio antenna. I don’t feel like that is my problem and should be a factory fix
Old 04-03-2018, 08:54 PM   #15
AF CMSGT RET

Gets excellent Sirius for a price subscription ��
Old 04-04-2018, 08:32 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatudes View Post
The powered (probably amplified) antenna in my coach get excellent FM reception but no AM.
I looked at the wiring diagram Andy sent me and I didn't see any antenna input other than the one labeled "Antenna Power Supply." I'm guessing, but with Andy getting good FM and NO AM, maybe the Xite isn't set up to receive AM

So, I think I'm going to contact RiverPark and ask them if they have ever received AM on the Xite.
Old 04-04-2018, 09:02 AM   #17

Okay, I just talked to Chris at RiverPark & he said the AM should work. He has the same core with a 7" screen in his car and gets good AM reception.

He emailed me a different diagram that has more of the the inputs labeled. It looks like there is only the one antenna input and that is on the lower drivers-side rear corner. It's labeled "AM/FM Antenna."

If there is an antenna plugged in there and no AM reception, we have heap-biggem problems elsewhere
Old 04-04-2018, 09:42 AM   #18

I failed to look for a part number or manufacturer of the powered antenna I have in my coach. But it seems to me that it is a dipole configuration. If I remember right from my high school days, dipoles are for FM only.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180323_161700.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	349.6 KB
ID:	167170  
Old 04-04-2018, 10:35 AM   #19

That sounds right Andy.

If it's a dipole antenna in my Isata, you solved the 'no AM' mystery!
Old 04-04-2018, 10:59 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatudes View Post
I failed to look for a part number or manufacturer of the powered antenna I have in my coach. But it seems to me that it is a dipole configuration. If I remember right from my high school days, dipoles are for FM only.
That looks like a "Jensen AN150SR."

If that's what it is, it's described as an AM/FM amplified antenna. Guessing the FM part is dipole. Maybe the AM is just not connected?