Old 12-05-2019, 11:04 PM   #1

Xplorer Package on All Dynamaxs?

Hey All...

I see the new 28SS has the nice optional upgrade of the Xplorer Package. Better insulation, that sort of thing.

We are looking at either a DX3 or Dynaquest XL.

We live in Colorado and the temps can do what they did this year: 80 degrees one day and single digit lows two nights later.

Now, I am not looking to go out into blizzards and snowstorms on a regular basis, but additional insulation and waterline protecting would be nice just in case.

Anyone (BC?) know if the Xplorer Package, or something like it, would be offered in other Dynamax Models? And if so, when?

Thanks!

Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 09:49 AM   #2
GM

Well to be fair....
1. The M2 product already has the Dow blue foam in the sidewalls for better insulation
2. The M2 already has dual pane windows
3. The M2 already has a dedicated heat exchanger off of the Aqua-Hot. (except for the Force which just has a heat duct run from the furnace)

While we don't insulate the heating bay, that could easily be done by someone. So its pretty close as is and I think you will find some people camping in pretty cold weather now, (with some precautions).

But maybe a winter curtain is something we can do....that one would have to go around the seats though, I would hate to give the seats up.

Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 10:00 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Well to be fair....
1. The M2 product already has the Dow blue foam in the sidewalls for better insulation
2. The M2 already has dual pane windows
3. The M2 already has a dedicated heat exchanger off of the Aqua-Hot. (except for the Force which just has a heat duct run from the furnace)

While we don't insulate the heating bay, that could easily be done by someone. So its pretty close as is and I think you will find some people camping in pretty cold weather now, (with some precautions).

But maybe a winter curtain is something we can do....that one would have to go around the seats though, I would hate to give the seats up.
Good to know and thanks for clarifying it for me.

It is really nice to see the quick and informative responses you give...so refreshing.

And, it has earned you a client.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:43 PM   #4
GB1

Dynaquest XL

We have a new 2020 Dynaquest XL 3801 TS. On its maiden trip in November we encountered snow and single digits in Missouri. We were hooked up to 30 amp electricity only. The AquaHot 450 kept the water bay warm as well as the bathroom above in the coach. We purchased a couple small heaters and we had our dealer install an outlet in the water bay prior to delivery just in case. We plugged a small heater into a thermo cube outlet that is controlled by temperature. We donít believe the heater ever ran. Just for peace of mind we put a digital thermometer in the bay so we could monitor the temperature from the coach. The bay temp stayed around 45. We kept our fireplace on overnight. We did not have the ice maker or washer hooked to water. The coach wasnít balmy inside, but we were very happy with the result. We camped several days in those conditions. One night it was so cold we put in the dinette slide. The AquaHot didnít use an excessive amount of diesel fuel. We are very pleased with the performance under those conditions. PS We live in Colorado too and have our rig in storage due to our inability to bring it to our home with hills and snow m
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2588D7E7-B232-41FA-BAC3-4EDB6A39DF60.jpeg
Views:	88
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	220226  
GB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 08:05 AM   #5

We live half time in Colorado and half time in Wyoming. Fortunately the summers are in WY! However, we just got back from a trip to the Oregon coast in our 2016 DX3. We have a fireplace in ours and would run it to take the chill off in the living room in the morning, but otherwise, had no issues whatsoever! Just wish there were more heat ducts in the living room space.

The other thing weíve done that has made a massive difference is windshield and side window covers that are insulated. We donít use the curtain that came with the coach and we think the shades have helped keep the heat in much better. Look for M2 shades at a truck parts store.
Ladytj1754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 09:44 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladytj1754 View Post
We live half time in Colorado and half time in Wyoming. Fortunately the summers are in WY! However, we just got back from a trip to the Oregon coast in our 2016 DX3. We have a fireplace in ours and would run it to take the chill off in the living room in the morning, but otherwise, had no issues whatsoever! Just wish there were more heat ducts in the living room space.

The other thing weíve done that has made a massive difference is windshield and side window covers that are insulated. We donít use the curtain that came with the coach and we think the shades have helped keep the heat in much better. Look for M2 shades at a truck parts store.

https://www.raneystruckparts.com/fre...rs-sun-shades/

Is this like what you have ?
Old 12-08-2019, 12:35 PM   #7

Those are the ones! They work great for keeping heat out in the summer and heat in in the winter.
Ladytj1754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 08:56 AM   #8

There are a couple winter camping reports from DX3 owners on here who have winter camped successfully. One from myself and another from kredburn I know for sure. With some tweaks and precautions it's quite doable. Well spend 2 weeks in brackenridge this February in ours.

https://fourwhl.com - Traveling the country in our DX3 for the next year
FOURWHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 10:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
There are a couple winter camping reports from DX3 owners on here who have winter camped successfully. One from myself and another from kredburn I know for sure. With some tweaks and precautions it's quite doable. Well spend 2 weeks in brackenridge this February in ours.
Good to know. I am very familiar with how cold it can get in Breckenridge that time of year at 10,000 feet. Be surprised if you are not below zero every night!

We go back and forth on all the Dynamaxs at the moment. We have had to postpone our purchase for a little while so we have time to consider everything.

I like the size and the Xplorer Package found on the 28SS but my wife likes the W/D and extra rooms one gets in the DX3s and Dynaquests.

Be nice to see a mini clothes washer only installed as an option in the smaller rigs like one can find on Amazon...They have some there that are great for washing the smaller things like socks, light shirts and grundies. We even thought about getting one and just storing it on the coach somewhere until the time comes we need it.

We are having a great time watching as the 28SS makes its debut and we are very impressed the way BC is on here a lot answering questions. Very nice to see in this day and age.

Thanks again for the input...cold weather usage is important to us being in Colorado and our desire to escape the big city and people to and get up to the mountains all year.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:28 PM   #10

Question: I understand that one can choose either a sofa, dinette or theater seats on a 28SS.

Does anybody know if the booth dinette makes into a bed?

Same for the sofa.

Just curious.

Thanks!
Old 12-16-2019, 08:55 AM   #11
GM

yes and yes. almost universal in motorhomes. The only thing that doesn't are recliners.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 12-16-2019, 09:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
yes and yes. almost universal in motorhomes. The only thing that doesn't are recliners.
Can you please tell me or show me where I can find the measurements for each?

Thanks.
Old 12-17-2019, 08:27 AM   #13
GM

All of our dinettes have been standardized to about 42"x70". give or take 1"
Sofas fold out into about the same width but a little longer at 74"