Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2016, 09:15 PM   #1

Yet another project....

Because it appears the folks at Dynamax may have dropped the ball on this one...I'm going to change another thing.

The living room and bedroom tv are wired together when it comes to the satellite. I can't watch separate shows. It seems like it would've been just as simple to run separate wires as it was to run them this way.

I want the ability to add a receiver in the bedroom instead of having to change channels in the living room.

Any insight? Anyone done it or is it a simple fix that anyone knows about?
Ryan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 09:56 AM   #2

I haven't set up the satellite, almost every campground we go to has cable. Plus we end up streaming a lot of stuff from our iPads. I didnt know they were all wired together, but that makes sense because of the way the cable is wired and the antenna. Interested to see what you find out.
Old 11-21-2016, 10:11 AM   #3

going from memory - there is a coax splitter behind kitchen drawers
hdmi switch is under the front tv
myhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 10:22 AM   #4

I knew about the splitter, I replaced mine with an HDMI splitter and had to run a new cable to the bedroom tv. The rear tv cable was sliced somewhere under the fridge and I couldn't get to it to fix, so we ran a new line. We have great reception now.,
Old 11-21-2016, 11:01 AM   #5
Commercial Member

I'm not sure if "dropped the ball" is the most accurate term we could use. How about because Dynamax has to design for "people that still use VCR's and also people that only stream movies"

It used to be most people watched "Over the air", then came cable...now we're seeing way more satellite. NOW, add to that, we're starting to see people get multi-tuner DVR's. Tough to plan for for 2% and make the 98% pay for it.

It's also not quite as simple as it might seem. The In-motion satellite is only set up for a single tuner/receiver. You cannot feed dual receivers as it can only watch one satellite at a time. To get to a dual receiver set up, you need to upgrade to a Triple-LNB satellite dish which is NOT in-motion, but has multiple lines coming in that can go to different receivers. It only operates when parked, which is a tradeoff. You'll never be able to watch multiple shows with your current dish....but you should be able to go to an RF remote that would work in on the living room TV from the bedroom.

Now, everyone else seems to think you are talking cable, not satellite and if that is the case, then you should be able to put a cable box at each location. the signal coming in via coax is the same both spots and then just feed HDMI from each box to that local TV.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 12:01 PM   #6

There's always this little guy if you don't want to bother changing your current remotes to an RF universal. It uses an rf transmitter in the battery slot. I've had good luck with them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000C...vqL&ref=plSrch

Just curious how often do you find the need to watch two different shows?
Old 11-21-2016, 03:36 PM   #7

It is in fact that simple though...

It's as simple as running an additional coax from the secondary port on the dome to the rear tv area in the coach when you're running the main cable. I understand the satellite not being able to pick up two separate satellites at one time but with two receivers you have the ability to watch two channels if they're on the same satellite.

Dynamax could've still made it work exactly as it does now while still giving the option for a second receiver in the rear. Modern televisions have enough HDMI inputs that it'll work both ways, either independently or as a slave monitor as it is now.

Ex: HDMI 1- second rec, HDMI 2- living room rec, HDMI 3- DVD player.

I have the coach home now so I'll go pull drawers and see if there's a second cable run from the dome that terminates down there somewhere. If there is then I'll update to correct my posts but I haven't found one yet.
Old 11-21-2016, 03:41 PM   #8

From the manual for the Roadtrip
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1155.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	257.7 KB
ID:	125563  
Old 11-21-2016, 04:09 PM   #9
Commercial Member

There won't be a 2nd coax run as that has never been a request (until now) due to the limitations of that set up. If someone wanted to watch 2 channels, they have always upgraded to the Triple LNB because they want to watch what they want to watch. Pretty cut and dry how that works.

With the secondary output, yes, you could have a 2nd receiver and watch a 2nd channel. Assuming of course it was on the same satellite that was on the front TV. If someone changes the channel on the front TV and its on a different satellite, the rear TV would lose its channel. Conversely, let's say no one is watching the living room TV and you are watching the bedroom TV...and you want to watch a channel that is on another satellite. Well you have to change the living room TV to the channel you want, because the rear receiver will not toggle the satellites.

We'll have to agree to disagree on whether that sounds simple. While you and I understand how that works. 95% of our users do not and when they want to watch two channels we can give them that ability no problem, and without restrictions.

Old 11-21-2016, 04:47 PM   #10

Agreed.

There's another option that 99.9% probably wouldn't know about but you can also set the secondary up as a primary in that it can change the satellite. Obviously this would create an issue if someone was watching something on the other tv.

The reason I'll make it work is because I have three small kids that I would be crazy to risk waking up just to change a channel.

I agree that most are streaming now...this includes us and it works well
Old 11-21-2016, 04:53 PM   #11
Commercial Member

Makes sense. If I had an in-motion sat already, I would probably do the same thing, find a way to fine tune it for our use. I don't think I would want to give up in-motion with kids.

Old 11-29-2016, 10:32 AM   #12

Or you could get direct TV, download the app.on your phone or iPad, purchase a "stream beam" (looks like a flash drive plugs into HDMI on tv, $50) & then you can stream any shows you have with your direct TV package as long as you have wi fi
ACMN is offline   Reply With Quote