Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2017, 08:30 PM   #1

ZERO FR Customer Service, are you having issues as well ?

Dear BClemens,

I have taken my 37HDBH in for warranty since Nov 2016 work and things are still not fixed; I have wasted countless hours of my time trying to get things repaired.
Forest River had a guy in customer service named Matt, what a joke he was, nothing ever happened no matter how many emails and phone calls from myself or American Rv in Anaheim Ca. could get done.

Then Matt was replaced by a kid named Travis, I will have to give Matt a lot of credit for training Travis to do the same poor job that did, there has been only one conversation over the phone with Travis on how well he’s going to fix the mess that Matt left. Well Travis at least Matt responded to email and phone calls.

What has been repaired by a dealer to date?
1) Forward Bunk Bed storage lid (the long skinny one below the window) won't close it's too wide, it hits the Mattress.
2) Stove was not installed properly at the factory; it was just sitting there and rattling like crazy.

The obvious most recent one is the (3) Floor Tiles blowing up while driving down the road has been approved by FR two weeks ago, now im waiting 3-4 weeks for Tile.

Not repaired after being submitted to FR by a certified dealer(s):

1) O2 sensor goes off at random, middle of the night while sleeping and while in storage (yes while it's plugged into shore power) Humm this is a safety issue right, there might be a LPG leak ? Quote from dealer rep. FR "We have to investigate" ok when?

2) Uneven couch bed when folded out , Quote FR "we threw all the 3" bases away" so your SOL now unless you repair it yourself.

3) Vanity Light, Quote we have to investigate. What ? there’s power there, It’s the $1.99 fixture that I can’t seem to located, but Travis said he’d send me one.
When Travis ?

4) Microwave oven Air Vent screens fall out while traveling. (There are no clips of any kind to keep these in place whatsoever).

5) Wall seam trim coming apart is Bathroom next to shower.

6) Shower Door Trim falling off (it's Siliconed now temporarily)

7) Couch Bed uneven when extended, needs “feet” to level out.

What I have paid for out of pocket:
Outside tv to be connect to the Inverter circuit so you can watch the game outside without running the generator, what a novel concept.
Rear air bag adj. rod, front wheel seal.
This was unsafe to drive so I took it to a Truck Repair shop to get repaired. Travis said he’d submit that to Freightliner, When Travis

My 2016 37BHHD is so over weight on the driver’s side that the rear driver’s side Air Bag cannot be adjusted any more to level the coach, I took it in because the coach was leaning or lower on the driver’s side by a 3" at wheel wells.
I would like to ask the FR engineering department who made the calculations on this model?

The underside of the coach is so rusted from the salt (when delivered to the dealer in Tx) that the air bag adj. rod was frozen and had to be cut off. After a new rod was installed the closest the shop could get was within 1/2" of the passenger side. The passenger side is adjusted to its lowest point and the driver’s side is set at the highest. At that time I had a front wheel seal go out and it was soaking my rotor and brake liners with oil.

So BClemens what’s a guy to do ?
Old 02-17-2017, 01:17 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Well, having had (4) kids I always seem to find that at home and in life the truth is somewhere in the middle. 9 times out of 10 when a dealer says "we've been waiting on the factory, or we can't get a hold of anyone" the reality is they forgot to call, did not order parts and then when they order parts late they say "the factory won't expedite or overnight them".

While no one is perfect, from first hand experience with Travis, he has been extremely responsive. Where I used to have to remind people to call or follow up, he is normally one step ahead, giving me updates before I get a chance to request them. I also know, like myself, that as things get a bit hectic I have let some things slip. In those cases a simple nudge was all it too for me to realize I had fallen short.

First and foremost. Your primary contact is the dealer. While I am here and of course my people are here for service and support...when we're involved and the dealer is involved things get missed because one hand does not know what the other hand is doing. Trust me...if I could only tell you how many things ended up poorly because of my good intentions. Having said that, we can absolutely get involved to help the dealer expedite items, make sure authorizations get done in a timely manner, etc, etc.

So, what's a guy to do? Let's start by PM'ing me your VIN and contact information. I'll review all the file notes and I will post a timeline of contact so we can get your rig taken care of properly.

PS. For future reference, Travis is the service manager over parts, warranty and service. The primary warranty contact would be Chris Bennett, unless it needs to escalate, which in this case if obviously does.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 01:43 PM   #3
Commercial Member

As a side note as I go back and look to see where we have fallen short. It appears that I have responded to every single post you have made. So I feel like the post topic of "ZERO FR Customer Service, are you having issues as well ?" is a little harsh. Even when we're getting blamed for not offering an openable window in the back wall, which is against code, I gave an explanation. When you needed some electrical info, I got your contact info and your response was

"I recieved a phone call.
Thank you very much, I really appreciate the rapid response(s)

You guys rock"

You needed a wall print for the bunk wall, I got that (although that took at little longer).

I don't think there is one time where I did not respond. So while I do appreciate your frustration, I think for the most part we have proven to be responsive. So at least give me the benefit of the doubt drop me a line "hey, it seems like we're not getting anywhere with some warranty issues"...but "ZERO FR customer service? come on.

Old 02-17-2017, 02:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
As a side note as I go back and look to see where we have fallen short. It appears that I have responded to every single post you have made. So I feel like the post topic of "ZERO FR Customer Service, are you having issues as well ?" is a little harsh. Even when we're getting blamed for not offering an openable window in the back wall, which is against code, I gave an explanation. When you needed some electrical info, I got your contact info and your response was

"I recieved a phone call.
Thank you very much, I really appreciate the rapid response(s)

You guys rock"

You needed a wall print for the bunk wall, I got that (although in your defense you had to remind me I think).

I don't think there is one time where I did not respond. So while I do appreciate your frustration, I think for the most part we have proven to be responsive. So at least give me the benefit of the doubt drop me a line "hey, it seems like we're not getting anywhere with some warranty issues"...but "ZERO FR customer service? come on.
As far as answering my questions in these Forums, yes you and the other people that you forwarded my questions to where great. I apologize for not making it clear between these Forums and the Factory they are completely separate.

But with warranty issues between FR and the Dealers is where the problem starts, i'm sure you can see all the communications between Matt/Travis and American Rv.
It shouldn't take months to get things done.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:27 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Other than the fact that I am from the factory.

Old 02-18-2017, 10:11 PM   #6

�� heh...Ya can't win Brian, but I agree that it is rarely the factory that is unresponsive.
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 10:44 PM   #7

FR service

Sure we all have concerns that bug us, but nothing is perfect. All my problems and concerns have been handled quite well. The RV business is no where near as fast as a car dealership. And things move a lot slower than auto dealerships. Remain calm, and show them your concerns, and keep on top of them. Give them the nudge when needed, the friendly reminder that you will keep bugging them until the issues are resolved. Any of the minor things you can do yourself, you might as well do them, that alone will save you time and frustration. Sure you shouldn't have to do them yourself. But you can pick anything apart if you want to. And it still will not be perfect. Everyone has problems of some sort, you just deal with them as best as possible. The dealership didn't make your RV, but they usually make every effort to address your concerns. If you look close enough though out this forum there are many examples of FR stepping up to make things correct. I'm sorry for your problems and believe that you will be taken care of. Best wishes.
Jack Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 03:43 AM   #8

Good Luck

I had a bad rim on my 27rlws (tiny leak from bad casting) so took to my local dealer where I bought, this was before christmas. Forest river of course sent the wrong rim. Finally received the correct rim but without the chrome dust cover for the bearings on Feb 17th. So now am still WAITING. lol
rrapidron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 05:35 AM   #9

Personally I have had nothing but the best response from FR concerning issues that i have brought to their attention...especially Travis! He has been more than helpful and has often above and beyond to help me with virtually any issue that I have communicated with him about. Perhaps a little honey rather than vinegar might make things easier.

BClemens is a saint for even participating in this forum.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 07:28 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBrownstein View Post

BClemens is a saint for even participating in this forum.
AMEN to that!!

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 12:01 PM   #11
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 724Bravo View Post
Forest River had a guy in customer service named Matt, what a joke he was, nothing ever happened no matter how many emails and phone calls from myself or American Rv in Anaheim Ca. could get done.
?
I can't comment on the calls or emails directly to Matt as he is no longer here, but I do not show any communication sent in from American RV. We do have authorization requests in from Dillons on floor tile (2-8-17) and rear cap repair (2-13-17) both of which have been approved on our end. That is all we show submitted. Our guy has a call into their guy.

Old 02-20-2017, 06:31 PM   #12

If the customer has to supply the honey, it's time to find another manufacturer and dealer, we pay to play, kinda like taxes. By the way money rhymes with honey.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:18 AM   #13
Commercial Member

I don't know that anyone needs to provide honey...but there is no reason we can't all use common courtesy, patience and understanding.

A big dealer of ours once told me they were looking for someone as a partner. They spend a lot of money, but they want a partnership as this could be a mutually beneficial relationship. He said a Master-Servant relationship rarely works out for either party long term.

Old 02-21-2017, 11:29 AM   #14

Tis reminds me of my experience in the boat business. irate customers would complain that the had "spent a lot of money" and they weren't getting what they thought was fast enough response. The problem, of course, is that every customer has spent a lot of money and that alone won't get them the priority that they think they deserve. Being respectful of an employee, boss or vendor should go without saying...if you want to get a reasonable response. Fine, skip the honey, but leave the vinegar home as well!

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:47 AM   #15

All I have to say is... Brian Clemens, you have a thick skin for a Hoosier. You related to Mr. Pence per chance??
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:51 AM   #16
Commercial Member

I agree completely. I know that you were using the "honey" more as an expression, but obviously some take that a little more literally. It should never depend on how much money someone spends...we want to treat all our customers well and just ask for mutual respect and understanding when things don't go as planned.

Old 02-21-2017, 11:52 AM   #17
Commercial Member

Lol...I have a small padded room just outside my office.

And yes, If i ever feel sorry for myself I just look at poor Mr. Pence...he could save a school bus of children from going over a cliff and they would crucify him because he didn't say please to an elementary school teacher when he was 10.

Old 02-21-2017, 12:38 PM   #18

I guess this might be the wrong place to ask, since all I have is a lowly popup and it might be the dealer (Roberts Sales) that is the problem. However, I just have too.

When a dealer, who granted is a thousand miles away states, that he has contacted FR in regards to delamination of the roof, but has not heard from them, and then refused to answer any of my followup emails, what does a person do?

Local dealers won't even talk to me; telling me to go to the dealer I purchased from. And I did not purchase the trailer when living in ID (where I currently live) but when living in Moab UT and the nearest Flagstaff dealer was Roberts. So it is not like I traveled just to save some money and screw the local dealers out of a sale, I basically had no choice.

Right now I am looking at just refinishing the roof myself (Grizzly Grip) or purchase a Jayco since I have a very bad taste about both FR and the Dealer. But right now, my likelyhood of purchasing or recommending a FR product is as close to zero as possible, as for the dealer, it is ZERO.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 12:49 PM   #19
Commercial Member

As I said earlier, the amount you spend should not dictate the customer service you receive.

While a dealer can try and pawn off bad service as the factory's fault, I would recommend you go direct to the factory in that instance and get the real story.

I assume by your model that you have a Flagstaff. If you head to their website, there is a "Contact Us" section. Below is the info for Service. I would recommend shooting them an email with your VIN and contact info.

Flagstaff Service Contact
Tim Brumbaugh
Phone: (574) 642-8944
Fax: (574) 642-2633
Email: tbrumbaugh@forestriverinc.com

Tags
customer service, service