Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 01:47 PM   #131
Senior Member
 
ret2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpresley View Post
When we picked up our 32rcts the salesman demonstrated that the bedroom slideout hangs up at the top and eventually forcefully pops free. He said it was scary but normal. We have now taken the rv on two weekend trips and the slide out issue has gotten worse. I was unable to get it to return to the in position with out bouncing on the floor while tugging at the top in order to break it free while my wife operated the switch. If I did not do this the bottom came in and caused the whole slide to be at such an angle I was fearful damage may have occured.
I don't think that is normal for any slide. I have a 31 RETS and had to have my bedroom slide adjusted after several trips because it was ripping the bottom seal off.
__________________

__________________
2014 Cedar Creek 34 RLSA-7
2015 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ SRW

ret2006 is offline  
Old 11-07-2012, 02:41 PM   #132
Senior Member
 
CheezPack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Waukesha, WI
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpresley View Post
When we picked up our 32rcts the salesman demonstrated that the bedroom slideout hangs up at the top and eventually forcefully pops free. He said it was scary but normal. We have now taken the rv on two weekend trips and the slide out issue has gotten worse. I was unable to get it to return to the in position with out bouncing on the floor while tugging at the top in order to break it free while my wife operated the switch. If I did not do this the bottom came in and caused the whole slide to be at such an angle I was fearful damage may have occured.

It will be going back to the dealer for repair. I was wondering however if this is a common issue and if I perhaps may have damaged something by having to force the top to release. Aside from the slideout problem the trailer has been great. Every thing we expected and are very satisfied.
We had the same issue with our kitchen slide in our 34 RLQS. The tech people checked it out at the rally and there is a piece at the top of the slide that deverts water when it rains. That piece had to be moved as well as some adjustments on the slide to fix the problem. It seems that being in the wrong spot causes it to "hang up" the top of the slide.When the slide is inside you should be able to see it. Have the dealer check it out. Hope this helps - let us know the outcome.
__________________

__________________
2013 Sabre 34 RLQS
2010 Ford F250 diesel

FRF & FROG member
Rallies 12 & 13, Cherry Blossom 13, Branson 13... More to come!
CheezPack is offline  
Old 11-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #133
Here to Help
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpresley
When we picked up our 32rcts the salesman demonstrated that the bedroom slideout hangs up at the top and eventually forcefully pops free. He said it was scary but normal. We have now taken the rv on two weekend trips and the slide out issue has gotten worse. I was unable to get it to return to the in position with out bouncing on the floor while tugging at the top in order to break it free while my wife operated the switch. If I did not do this the bottom came in and caused the whole slide to be at such an angle I was fearful damage may have occured.

It will be going back to the dealer for repair. I was wondering however if this is a common issue and if I perhaps may have damaged something by having to force the top to release. Aside from the slideout problem the trailer has been great. Every thing we expected and are very satisfied.
Dear customer,
Will you send me a PM with the following
Your full name
Last seven digits of your vin number
Your contact phone number
The dealer name you purchased from
The dealer name and approx. date for service

It sounds like one of your wiper seals are dragging a little extra. It should be a minor fix. I will provide my warranty department the information you provide and they will keep any eye out.

Sorry for your issue.
__________________
SabreSam is offline  
Old 11-07-2012, 09:48 PM   #134
Member
 
rpresley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl & Jackie View Post
We had the same issue with our kitchen slide in our 34 RLQS. The tech people checked it out at the rally and there is a piece at the top of the slide that deverts water when it rains. That piece had to be moved as well as some adjustments on the slide to fix the problem. It seems that being in the wrong spot causes it to "hang up" the top of the slide.When the slide is inside you should be able to see it. Have the dealer check it out. Hope this helps - let us know the outcome.
Thanks, I looked it over when I got it retracted but could not see any witness marks in that area. All looked ok but it is hanging on something. It goes back to the dealer on Wendesday to be checked out.

Thanks to SabreSam for following up on this. I trust it will be corrected promptly and will post the resolution accordingly. This is our first 5th wheel. We have only done 2 short trips to learn the ins and outs. Even with the slide issue and a couple of minor things that need attention we are totally pleased with our choice of the 32rcts.
__________________
rpresley is offline  
Old 11-08-2012, 08:53 AM   #135
Here to Help
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 437
TV bracket Part Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
SabreSam

I need a recommendation of where to purchase the TV mounting plate as seen in your photo.
I've searched but could not find that specific mount and bought another style to use but when I got it, it's way overkill and the mounting bolts would go through the wall.
Dear Ragin Cajun,
You can order our bracket from any Sabre Dealer. Here are the part numbers:
#70A01901A: Bracket that mounts to wall
#70A01903A: Bracket that mounts to TV
(designed for a 22" TV")

You will need to get pricing from the dealer. I'm sure you can order this over the phone and have it shipped to your home.

Good Luck
__________________
SabreSam is offline  
Old 11-08-2012, 09:51 AM   #136
Camper Less Camping
 
Cajun Po-Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NW
Posts: 3,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreSam

Dear Ragin Cajun,
You can order our bracket from any Sabre Dealer. Here are the part numbers:
#70A01901A: Bracket that mounts to wall
#70A01903A: Bracket that mounts to TV
(designed for a 22" TV")

You will need to get pricing from the dealer. I'm sure you can order this over the phone and have it shipped to your home.

Good Luck
Thanks...your a big help!
BTW...we are very happy with our new Sabre 32RCTS
__________________
2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6 (sold)
Family of 4 whose always on the GEAUX!
Cajun Po-Boy is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 12:49 PM   #137
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpresley
When we picked up our 32rcts the salesman demonstrated that the bedroom slideout hangs up at the top and eventually forcefully pops free. He said it was scary but normal. We have now taken the rv on two weekend trips and the slide out issue has gotten worse. I was unable to get it to return to the in position with out bouncing on the floor while tugging at the top in order to break it free while my wife operated the switch. If I did not do this the bottom came in and caused the whole slide to be at such an angle I was fearful damage may have occured.

It will be going back to the dealer for repair. I was wondering however if this is a common issue and if I perhaps may have damaged something by having to force the top to release. Aside from the slideout problem the trailer has been great. Every thing we expected and are very satisfied.
Not normal. Had the same issue with our 32 BHOK. Dealer called thefactory and then made adjustments. Something will break.
__________________
NeilM108 is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 11:47 AM   #138
Senior Member
 
Cyoul8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Phoenix. AZ
Posts: 103
Bedroom TV Install

I have a 2012 Palomino Sabre 32RCTS and want to install a 24" LG TV
(8 lbs.) to the wall just above the dresser window in the bedroom. Can you tell me if there is sufficient backing in the wall to hold it and if so what is the approximate size of the backing? There is already a cable outlet and a 120v outlet on the side of the dresser so I'm assuming this would be an option during the build of this unit. It seems as though there is some backing support but only in the center area above the window. Maybe I could locate a mount that will install only to this center area and not to the sides of it where it seems to be hollow. I saw your pictures but they were of a 2013 model. My model (2012) does not have the connections on the ceiling but instead on the side of the dresser. Will there still be backing support preinstalled? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
__________________

2012 Palomino Sabre 32RCTS-6
2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty Fx4 6.7 Powerstroke
16K PullRite SuperGlide
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags
Cyoul8r is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 01:27 PM   #139
Camper Less Camping
 
Cajun Po-Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NW
Posts: 3,642
SabreSam:

The sofa air bed combo in the Sabre 32RCTS, is it suppose to be anchored to the floor?
Ours isn't and when we use the air bed, the sofa bed rocks back and forth unless we stack some books under the four metal legs of the bed frame.

BTW...the air bed works great and we really like the inflate/deflate mode on the built in electric air pump!
__________________
2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6 (sold)
Family of 4 whose always on the GEAUX!
Cajun Po-Boy is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 01:48 PM   #140
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
The sofa air bed combo in the Sabre 32RCTS, is it suppose to be anchored to the floor?
Ours isn't and when we use the air bed, the sofa bed rocks back and forth unless we stack some books under the four metal legs of the bed frame.
Different model, but similar problem with the sofa bed in our bunkhouse. Due to the raised slide edge, the 4 legs of the bed frame don't make contact with the floor.

I spoke to SabreSam one time and he offered up a solution to help. However, we've gone ahead and made 4 blocks and drill out spots to counter-sink the bed feet.
__________________

__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is online now  
Closed Thread

Tags
factory, sabre, warranty

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 AM.