Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 12:44 PM   #341

Sam, or anyone else...on our Walk through for our 34tbok, the tech mentioned that the flip up bunk in the rear bunkhouse needs to be up for travel. Once my dw made up the beds back there, that bunk can't flip up and lock in place because if the bedding hitting the wall and window? Any danger in leaving it down? i thought about getting an extra catch for the holding pins and could lock it down as I'd imagine the idea of having it up is so it didn't bounce during transit?
Thanks
Old 03-27-2013, 12:50 PM   #342
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstromsburg View Post
Sam, or anyone else...on our Walk through for our 34tbok, the tech mentioned that the flip up bunk in the rear bunkhouse needs to be up for travel. Once my dw made up the beds back there, that bunk can't flip up and lock in place because if the bedding hitting the wall and window? Any danger in leaving it down? i thought about getting an extra catch for the holding pins and could lock it down as I'd imagine the idea of having it up is so it didn't bounce during transit?
Thanks
Will the slide close if you leave it down? I'd be worried about the bunk hitting the sofa/bunk on the slide and it not being able to close properly.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:59 PM   #343

Yup, doesnt come within a couple feet actually. Used it this way once already.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:08 PM   #344
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstromsburg View Post
Yup, doesnt come within a couple feet actually. Used it this way once already.
I'll leave it up to SabreSam to answer, then. It could be that you're stressing the hinges by leaving it down and letting it bang around on bumps and stuff. BUT.. that's a pure guess to justify what the dealer said.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:29 PM   #345

Just as a note we leave our two bunks down in our 36QBOK no issues for several camping trips.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:31 PM   #346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdulworth View Post
Just as a note we leave our two bunks down in our 36QBOK no issues for several camping trips.
Thank you. Good to hear.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:26 PM   #347
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdulworth View Post
On the driver's side, do you have a lower bunk or air bed sofa?
Old 03-27-2013, 06:28 PM   #348

We have bunks on both sides.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:54 AM   #349
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstromsburg
Thanks
I am not aware of any reason you would need to leave it up.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:18 PM   #350
36QBOK-7 Club

Send a message via AIM to bigblue08 Send a message via MSN to bigblue08 Send a message via Skype™ to bigblue08
SabreSam...Can you tell me what the model number or part number is for the toliet in this 36QBOK-7?
B&W Turn over ball and companion
Days Camped 2012 - 76
Days Camped 2013 - 7
Old 04-02-2013, 10:15 PM   #351
Always Learning

Blue- mine is a Dometic 300 Series.

Wanna know how I know? I didn't winterize it and it cracked its water valve. I just had that replaced. Sure woulda been nice if Sabre installed water valves at each toilet (like houses have) so I could have turned that one off instead of going without water overnight.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:32 PM   #352

fiberglass delamination

Sam
I was just curious if you could tell me how common delamination has been on the sabre line? I have a 2008 30bhds bought new in 2009 and just found the third case of delamination in the last four years.I'm not sure if this is a common problem with all fiberglass units or if it is just the Sabre.Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:42 PM   #353
RV Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintail63755 View Post
Sam
I was just curious if you could tell me how common delamination has been on the sabre line? I have a 2008 30bhds bought new in 2009 and just found the third case of delamination in the last four years.I'm not sure if this is a common problem with all fiberglass units or if it is just the Sabre.Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Any unit will delaminates if water gets in. You have to make sure to check your sealant every 90 days. As for "natural" delamination, it is very rare. We have dealt with the Sabre line for 3 years now had have not had any problems. I would check the roof caulk and silicon for any cracks or gaps in the areas you found the delamination.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:09 PM   #354

Hi Sam,

I had a question...

I was wondering how to maually operate the slides on my 36QBOK-7. It was ordered the end of January and we took delivery March 2, 2013. I have found how to manually operate the landing gear, rear stab jacks, and the main living room slide, but I cannot seem to find how to operate the bunkhouse slides or the bedroom slide manually. Another member had posted that he has a small hole on the drivers side bunkhouse slide which will operate the passengers side slide, then there is a place to operate the drivers side bunkhouse slide once you get the passengers side slide out. However, i do not have this hole, nor is there any place to operate the slides that is accessible from under the camper that I can see.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 04-09-2013, 11:36 PM   #355
Always Learning

^^^ x2
Old 04-10-2013, 07:38 AM   #356
Here to Help

36QBOK manual slideout

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluflame11 View Post
Hi Sam,

I had a question...

I was wondering how to maually operate the slides on my 36QBOK-7. It was ordered the end of January and we took delivery March 2, 2013. I have found how to manually operate the landing gear, rear stab jacks, and the main living room slide, but I cannot seem to find how to operate the bunkhouse slides or the bedroom slide manually. Another member had posted that he has a small hole on the drivers side bunkhouse slide which will operate the passengers side slide, then there is a place to operate the drivers side bunkhouse slide once you get the passengers side slide out. However, i do not have this hole, nor is there any place to operate the slides that is accessible from under the camper that I can see.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Dear Bluflame11,
I'm going to try and answer this without standing in front of a 36QBOK, so hang in there.
1. The master bedroom slide: you would have to lift off the mattress and remove the bed base panel. this would expose the mech. You would then need a socket or open end wrench to bring in the slideout.

2. Main Living room slide: There should be a small hole on the opposing side (in the skirt metal) of the unit that your crank bar would insert and allow you to crank it in.

In the bunk room (at some point there were two types of slide mech. used here, so I will cover both)

Look at the exterior of the slideout box. If there are silver bars on the endwalls that have a "S" groove, this is called a Schwintek slideout. Visit Youtube and type in Lippert Schwintek Slideout and they have videos on the processes to retract.

If you do not have the silver bars, there should be a crank location on the opposing side just like the main living room slide allowing you to hand crank the box in.

I hope that helps.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #357

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreSam View Post
Dear Bluflame11,
I'm going to try and answer this without standing in front of a 36QBOK, so hang in there.
1. The master bedroom slide: you would have to lift off the mattress and remove the bed base panel. this would expose the mech. You would then need a socket or open end wrench to bring in the slideout.

2. Main Living room slide: There should be a small hole on the opposing side (in the skirt metal) of the unit that your crank bar would insert and allow you to crank it in.

In the bunk room (at some point there were two types of slide mech. used here, so I will cover both)

Look at the exterior of the slideout box. If there are silver bars on the endwalls that have a "S" groove, this is called a Schwintek slideout. Visit Youtube and type in Lippert Schwintek Slideout and they have videos on the processes to retract.

If you do not have the silver bars, there should be a crank location on the opposing side just like the main living room slide allowing you to hand crank the box in.

I hope that helps.

Thanks! that helps a ton...Mine does have the silver bars on the rear slides. I will do some more research on those! Thanks for your help!!
Old 04-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #358
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Sam,
I know your a busy busy man but I also know youd love to hear suggestions regarding improvements of the sabre line.

unless this has changed since my model year 32BHOK-6, the outside kitchen light switch turns on both the outside and inside "outside" kitchen lights.
Sometimes I would prefer to have one or the other and or both .
I understand that the light on the "inside of the outside kitchen also has a switch on the light fixture but my dw cant always reach it depending on the cg terrain .

thoughts ?

TURBS
Old 04-10-2013, 11:19 PM   #359

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightSABRE View Post

Any unit will delaminates if water gets in. You have to make sure to check your sealant every 90 days. As for "natural" delamination, it is very rare. We have dealt with the Sabre line for 3 years now had have not had any problems. I would check the roof caulk and silicon for any cracks or gaps in the areas you found the delamination.
Check your sealant every 90 days is pretty ambiguous. Can FR be more specific about how to check this, what do problem areas look like, how should areas be resealed, and what products should be used? Well written owners manuals for each model could save you many of questions and provide owners with many answers about this and dozens of other questions. So how about it?
Old 04-11-2013, 09:43 AM   #360

sabre sam is 2013 rlts reg model or gone for 2014
Closed Thread

Tags
factory, sabre, warranty