Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #181

Sabresam,

What items are covered on the additional year warranty offered by Forest River. I have been told it is hitch to bumper like the first year but also been told it covers very little that is not also covered by the component manufacturers. Is the cost $150 for the additional year? How long do I have before I need to claim it?

Thanks, JT.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:47 PM   #182

Link to sticky: 2nd Year Warranty Form Sticky

Well worth the $150 IMHO.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:12 AM   #183

Related comment & observation:

Our dealer also made us aware that most of the component manufacturer wanrranties were 2years + and that we should consider that before we decided to purcahse the 2nd year wanrranty. We did but the 2nd year anyway.

Since then, we've taken the unit back to the dealer 3 times for ~ 30 warranty items, 27 of which were contruction/fabrication defects that were covered by FR...and not by a component manufacturer.

By the way, all items were fixed in a reasonable time and with excellent support from FR and the dealer. (Go Dolney RV in Kawkalin., MI ===> )
Old 01-11-2013, 09:42 PM   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimchaSabre View Post
Related comment & observation:

Our dealer also made us aware that most of the component manufacturer wanrranties were 2years + and that we should consider that before we decided to purcahse the 2nd year wanrranty. We did but the 2nd year anyway.

Since then, we've taken the unit back to the dealer 3 times for ~ 30 warranty items, 27 of which were contruction/fabrication defects that were covered by FR...and not by a component manufacturer.

By the way, all items were fixed in a reasonable time and with excellent support from FR and the dealer. (Go Dolney RV in Kawkalin., MI ===> )
Thanks for the info, I think will go with the additional year also. JT
Old 01-12-2013, 09:32 PM   #185

Our dealer did not mention anything about the additional one year warranty and the application states that it must be purchased within ten days of purchase of trailer. ?????
Old 01-12-2013, 11:20 PM   #186
Site Team

Sabresam- we have been looking at sabre 5ers. Do you know if there will be any factory reps at any of the upcoming rv shows in Greensboro nc or Raleigh nc? Thanks.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:13 PM   #187
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaro
Sabresam- we have been looking at sabre 5ers. Do you know if there will be any factory reps at any of the upcoming rv shows in Greensboro nc or Raleigh nc? Thanks.
A Sabre Rep will be at the Raleigh, Friday , Saturday ,
Old 01-13-2013, 08:54 PM   #188
Site Team

thank you.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:44 PM   #189
Llewellyn Camper

Venting a dryer in Sabre 31CKTS

Can you tell me if I need to cut the hole exactly on the sticker in the washer/dryer cabinet, or can I move the hole higher or forward in the cabinet? The cabinet in locatede in the master bedroom on the right side.

Also, is there a good 3" vent package available, or do I need to install a 4" vent and reduce it inside the cabinet?

Thanks for your expertise.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:46 PM   #190
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthoran View Post
Can you tell me if I need to cut the hole exactly on the sticker in the washer/dryer cabinet, or can I move the hole higher or forward in the cabinet? The cabinet in locatede in the master bedroom on the right side.

Also, is there a good 3" vent package available, or do I need to install a 4" vent and reduce it inside the cabinet?

Thanks for your expertise.
Post year and model for sam to better serve you.

Tags
factory, sabre, warranty