Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #181
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 88
Sabresam,

What items are covered on the additional year warranty offered by Forest River. I have been told it is hitch to bumper like the first year but also been told it covers very little that is not also covered by the component manufacturers. Is the cost $150 for the additional year? How long do I have before I need to claim it?

Thanks, JT.
__________________

__________________
Jtant is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 09:47 PM   #182
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,512
Link to sticky: 2nd Year Warranty Form Sticky

Well worth the $150 IMHO.
__________________

__________________
Wiscampsin is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 07:12 AM   #183
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midland, MI
Posts: 626
Related comment & observation:

Our dealer also made us aware that most of the component manufacturer wanrranties were 2years + and that we should consider that before we decided to purcahse the 2nd year wanrranty. We did but the 2nd year anyway.

Since then, we've taken the unit back to the dealer 3 times for ~ 30 warranty items, 27 of which were contruction/fabrication defects that were covered by FR...and not by a component manufacturer.

By the way, all items were fixed in a reasonable time and with excellent support from FR and the dealer. (Go Dolney RV in Kawkalin., MI ===> )
__________________
Cathy & Jeff
Midland, Michigan
2013 Sabre 32RCTS / 2012 Ram2500 Hemi
SimchaSabre is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 09:42 PM   #184
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimchaSabre View Post
Related comment & observation:

Our dealer also made us aware that most of the component manufacturer wanrranties were 2years + and that we should consider that before we decided to purcahse the 2nd year wanrranty. We did but the 2nd year anyway.

Since then, we've taken the unit back to the dealer 3 times for ~ 30 warranty items, 27 of which were contruction/fabrication defects that were covered by FR...and not by a component manufacturer.

By the way, all items were fixed in a reasonable time and with excellent support from FR and the dealer. (Go Dolney RV in Kawkalin., MI ===> )
Thanks for the info, I think will go with the additional year also. JT
__________________
Jtant is offline  
Old 01-12-2013, 09:32 PM   #185
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 70
Our dealer did not mention anything about the additional one year warranty and the application states that it must be purchased within ten days of purchase of trailer. ?????
__________________
okietom is offline  
Old 01-12-2013, 11:20 PM   #186
Site Team
 
asquared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 10,373
Sabresam- we have been looking at sabre 5ers. Do you know if there will be any factory reps at any of the upcoming rv shows in Greensboro nc or Raleigh nc? Thanks.
__________________
asquared is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 08:13 PM   #187
Here to Help
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by anaro
Sabresam- we have been looking at sabre 5ers. Do you know if there will be any factory reps at any of the upcoming rv shows in Greensboro nc or Raleigh nc? Thanks.
A Sabre Rep will be at the Raleigh, Friday , Saturday ,
__________________
SabreSam is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 08:54 PM   #188
Site Team
 
asquared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 10,373
thank you.
__________________
asquared is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 06:44 PM   #189
Llewellyn Camper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New Florence, PA
Posts: 10
Venting a dryer in Sabre 31CKTS

Can you tell me if I need to cut the hole exactly on the sticker in the washer/dryer cabinet, or can I move the hole higher or forward in the cabinet? The cabinet in locatede in the master bedroom on the right side.

Also, is there a good 3" vent package available, or do I need to install a 4" vent and reduce it inside the cabinet?

Thanks for your expertise.
__________________
jthoran is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 06:46 PM   #190
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthoran View Post
Can you tell me if I need to cut the hole exactly on the sticker in the washer/dryer cabinet, or can I move the hole higher or forward in the cabinet? The cabinet in locatede in the master bedroom on the right side.

Also, is there a good 3" vent package available, or do I need to install a 4" vent and reduce it inside the cabinet?

Thanks for your expertise.
Post year and model for sam to better serve you.
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
factory, sabre, warranty

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 PM.