Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 10:56 PM   #381
Here to Help

Answers to questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyoul8r View Post
Hi Sam,

Question 1

I hope you can help me with a problem regarding the size and capacity of the holding tanks on my 2012 Palomino Sabre RCTS-6. My gray water holding tank #2 developed a leak (crack) recently near where the drain fitting enters the tank on the side. The RV repair shop is ordering a replacement tank with the dimensions of 63x24x7 with a capacity of 32 gallons as stated on the work order. The original tank has an Ameri-Kart part #HT292, which the shop used to order from. My Sabre brochure states that all the tanks (4) are 42 gallons. They told me that the capacity is determined by using 231 cubic inches per gallon which would make the above dimensions equal just over 45 gallons. Is this something I should be concerned about?

Question 2

This tank was apparently leaking for some time as there was a lot of water trapped above the belly skin. Would it make sense to drill some small holes in the belly skin to allow for drainage if this was to occur again with any of the other tanks because it appears that the belly skin has been stretched out from the weight of the water?

Question 3

Also, can you tell me what drains into each of the gray water tanks?
The best I can figure out is:
Gray Tank #1 - Bathroom sink, shower, washer
Gray tank #2 - Kitchen sink

Sorry for asking so much but you have helped me in the past.
And as always, thank you for your time and knowledge.
Dear Owner,
#1 I have PMed you the phone number for our warranty department. You can have your dealer contact us to compare the measurements we show for the original tank.
#2 drilling holes would allow cold air to enter and the heat we are pumping into that area to escape. I would also worry about bugs and small animals entering in your drill holes.
#3 you are correct.

I hope that helps.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:37 PM   #382

jt strong arm factory install on36qbok7

sam I ordered my camper with the jt strong arms & I was wondering if that was put on at the factory or it is a dealer install ? the reason is I wondered why there was a lot of slop in brackets on jacks & just read about bushing that were not installed on other models, so I looked on pics of the parts on the web they show them,i don't even have them on mine, I just got my camper back after a month at the dealer & I would like to take care of this my self, ive already had the two acorn nuts fall off one my one & only trip in my camper, so let know what I nned to do thanks a bunch, brian
Old 05-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #383
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcurvey View Post
sam I ordered my camper with the jt strong arms & I was wondering if that was put on at the factory or it is a dealer install ? the reason is I wondered why there was a lot of slop in brackets on jacks & just read about bushing that were not installed on other models, so I looked on pics of the parts on the web they show them,i don't even have them on mine, I just got my camper back after a month at the dealer & I would like to take care of this my self, ive already had the two acorn nuts fall off one my one & only trip in my camper, so let know what I nned to do thanks a bunch, brian
Brian,
I will send you a private message to get this addressed.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:33 PM   #384

Sam,as happened to a few other Sabre's,the plastic strap on the street side super slide that the wires hang on and fold when the slide goes in,broke in the middle,I bolted it back together and it broke again,could you get me a part# for one,as my dealer is 5 hrs. away,and I"ll have to try and order one,any help would be appreciated,Thanks Jack......sorry,it's a 2011 Sabre 31-RETS-6!
Old 05-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #385
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDutyGuy View Post
Sam,as happened to a few other Sabre's,the plastic strap on the street side super slide that the wires hang on and fold when the slide goes in,broke in the middle,I bolted it back together and it broke again,could you get me a part# for one,as my dealer is 5 hrs. away,and I"ll have to try and order one,any help would be appreciated,Thanks Jack......sorry,it's a 2011 Sabre 31-RETS-6!
Fyi I would pm sabresam your vin. Year and model as That will help him tremendously.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:37 AM   #386
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDutyGuy
Dear Customer
please PM me your contact info phone number, shipping address, name, and full vin number.
thanks
Old 05-14-2013, 08:47 PM   #387

Sam,Thanks again for your help! Jack
Old 06-12-2013, 11:48 PM   #388

SabreSam --

My dh and I are currently researching 5th wheel RVs. We are looking at something that we can live in and that would do well in KS winters for a few years before we are able to travel fulltime with out 3 young children.

We really like the Sabre 36qbok model, but we are not sure if the R 28 factor insulation will be enough. Is there additional insulation that can be added to increase the R factor for this model in the roof and floor?

Are the slide outs insulated?

Also, is there an option for adding heat pads to the holding tanks?

I appreciate any help or info you can give us.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:54 AM   #389

SabreSam,

It seems the black tank roof vent is blocked or the vent pipe sank into the tank. When flushing there are bubbles coming up into the toilet and a bit of an odor we didn't have before. My question is, there are 2 vent caps side by side on our Sabre 34-REQS-6 roof. Do you know which one is for the black tank, the one on the street side or curb side?

Thanks,
Wiscampsin
Old 06-13-2013, 07:38 AM   #390
Here to Help

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5travelers View Post
SabreSam --

My dh and I are currently researching 5th wheel RVs. We are looking at something that we can live in and that would do well in KS winters for a few years before we are able to travel fulltime with out 3 young children.

We really like the Sabre 36qbok model, but we are not sure if the R 28 factor insulation will be enough. Is there additional insulation that can be added to increase the R factor for this model in the roof and floor?

Are the slide outs insulated?

Also, is there an option for adding heat pads to the holding tanks?

I appreciate any help or info you can give us.
Dear 5travlers,
I sent you a PM to answer your question.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:39 AM   #391
Here to Help

tank vent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
SabreSam,

It seems the black tank roof vent is blocked or the vent pipe sank into the tank. When flushing there are bubbles coming up into the toilet and a bit of an odor we didn't have before. My question is, there are 2 vent caps side by side on our Sabre 34-REQS-6 roof. Do you know which one is for the black tank, the one on the street side or curb side?

Thanks,
Wiscampsin
I'm going to send your question to production. It might take a couple of days due to me traveling for work.

Sabresam
Old 06-13-2013, 07:55 AM   #392
Here to Help

Tank Vent Answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
SabreSam,

Thanks,
Wiscampsin
Dear Wiscampsin,
This is the response I received from production:
"It is the street side. They need to make sure the cap isn't pushed down too far as this will not allow it to vent correctly"

I hope that helps.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:46 AM   #393

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreSam View Post
Dear 5travlers,
I sent you a PM to answer your question.
Thank you again for the information.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:52 PM   #394

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreSam View Post
Dear Wiscampsin,
This is the response I received from production:
"It is the street side. They need to make sure the cap isn't pushed down too far as this will not allow it to vent correctly"

I hope that helps.
Thanks for your quick response SabreSam. You're help is always appreciated!
Old 06-16-2013, 08:49 AM   #395

Sam,

I have a 2012 BHOK. While traveling on a 55mph highway in central VA my outside kitchen door fell off about 15 miles from the campground. I went and retrieved the door and one of the shocks. Upon inspection of the door all of the rivet head had come off. No other damage was found besides some scrapes to the door. I hope the door can be reused. Ever seen or heard of this? Thanks in advance.

Rich
Old 06-16-2013, 10:07 AM   #396
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich271 View Post
Sam,

I have a 2012 BHOK. While traveling on a 55mph highway in central VA my outside kitchen door fell off about 15 miles from the campground. I went and retrieved the door and one of the shocks. Upon inspection of the door all of the rivet head had come off. No other damage was found besides some scrapes to the door. I hope the door can be reused. Ever seen or heard of this? Thanks in advance.

Rich
I have a bhok and my ok door seems solid.
Could you post up some pics ?
Old 06-16-2013, 12:59 PM   #397

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2983583792.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	33350
Old 06-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #398

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-324161885.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	24.1 KB