Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 01:28 PM   #211

31 rets

I have a 2012 SABRE 31 RETS which has beautiful wood floors. I am conserned about scratching the steps going up to the bedroom level. Has anyone figured out how to protect these beautiful steps?

Old 01-29-2013, 05:41 PM   #212

We plan on lightly sanding followed by several thin coat of poly urathane varnish

Old 01-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #213
phat phrog stunt crew

barefoot, socks or slippers would be my suggestion to protect the finish. cost would be negligible since you already have socks and feet that can be converted from covered to bare in a matter of seconds.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:59 PM   #214
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

painters stick on walk way protecters !
Old 01-29-2013, 09:55 PM   #215

DW and I always leave our shoes at the door. Our Weimaraner would probably scratch the heck out of our wood stairs so we did the unthinkable - covered them with step carpet we purchased at CW. Take a look at our photobucket picture #31.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:23 AM   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
DW and I always leave our shoes at the door. Our Weimaraner would probably scratch the heck out of our wood stairs so we did the unthinkable - covered them with step carpet we purchased at CW. Take a look at our photobucket picture #31.
Ahhhh, those dog nails!!! DW wanted the non carpeted steps and I went along with it, but even though we don't wear shoes in the camper, I can see the dogs tearing those babies up (like they have done to the hardwoods at home). Going to have to think about this one.
2013 Columbus 320RS
Maryland
Times camping in 2013 - 5
Old 01-30-2013, 11:25 AM   #217
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc701 View Post
I have a 2012 SABRE 31 RETS which has beautiful wood floors. I am conserned about scratching the steps going up to the bedroom level. Has anyone figured out how to protect these beautiful steps?
Dear Doc701
I love all my Sabre owners. Please use this thread to post any questions that you need my direct help with. A general question like this might be best posted as a new thread. This will really help me get back to customers that need help from the factory.

Thanks
Old 02-01-2013, 03:24 PM   #218
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreSam View Post

Dear Ragin Cajun,
thanks for waiting for the answer. This post applys to any Sabre model that was built with the washer dryer cabinet in the master bedroom.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...1&d=1349989310
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...1&d=1349989310

These pictures show the TV installed and removed showing the bracket. So you would want to mount your bracket in the same locations. When facing the bracket the left edge of the bracket measures 42 1/2" from the face/front of the wardrobe. The bottom edge of the bracket measures 34" from the top of the dresser.

I hope this helps. DO NOT USE LONG SCREWS OR YOU WILL GO THROUGH THE SIDEWALL.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2695562684.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	23740
SabreSam

I placed the order through the Dealer per the part #'s you PM me...I got this in today from my Dealer and it looks very different than the pic you posted and it seems very heavy to be attached to the wall??? I don't feel comfortable using this unless you tell me it's ok....plus, this model I have does not let me remove the TV for travel, I prefer not to leave it attached to the wall while transporting.
(BTW...that's my iPhone holding the bracket up so I could get a good pic)
Confused...
Old 02-01-2013, 03:32 PM   #219
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
I placed the order through the Dealer per the part #'s you PM me...I got this in today from my Dealer and it looks very different than the pic you posted and it seems very heavy to be attached to the wall??? I don't feel comfortable using this unless you tell me it's ok....plus, this model I have does not let me remove the TV for travel, I prefer not to leave it attached to the wall while transporting.
Confused...
That looks like the bracket that holds our TV in our living room area up. I thought about that one for the bunkhouse, but not for the bedroom.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
Attachment 23740
SabreSam

Confused...
Hi there. Here are some mounts I'm most likely going to order to try out in our new rig. They are cheap in price, but trust me, I've ordered many times from monoprice and their stuff is the real deal. Good high quality items.

For only $2.12 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Low Profile Wall Mount Bracket for LCD LED (Max 66Lbs, 10~23 inch) - Silver | LCD Wall Mount Brackets

For only $3.48 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Low Profile Wall Mount Bracket for LCD LED Plasma (Max 30Lbs, 10~26inch) | LCD Plasma Brackets - Low Profile Type

Hope these help. The brackets that come factory are "low profile" units. I had them on our old unit.

Nights Camped 2013 - Not enough!
Closed Thread

Tags
factory, sabre, warranty