Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 02:13 PM   #261
36QBOK-7 Club
 
bigblue08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New Albany, IN
Posts: 47
Send a message via AIM to bigblue08 Send a message via MSN to bigblue08 Send a message via Skype™ to bigblue08
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreSam View Post
Bigblue08,
Sabres are currently built with a 1621 pin box. Per the Lippert website, part #160468 is the Roto flex to replace the 1621. I'm not sure where you would see that part number or how to check it.

Please do keep in mind the Roto flex does let the fifth wheel have more forward and back motion due to the hindge of the mech. If you are use to a fixed pin, you will see much more movement than you are use to. The rubber material in the roto flex absorbs the vibration of the "bang" front to back as where a solid pin's "bang" is vibrated thought the unit.

I hope this helps.
It does, the pinbox has a manufacturer tag on it, I will check it this weekend and make sure it is correct. I know this part came from Forest River direct as the shipping pallet they had next to my rig at PDI had a return address of Forest River on it. Thanks for you help, I have other questions but will reserve them for once this is resolved.
__________________

__________________
--Jay
2008 Chevy 3500 LTZ DRW
2013 Sabre 36QBOK-7
B&W Turn over ball and companion
Days Camped 2012 - 76
Days Camped 2013 - 7
bigblue08 is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 07:12 PM   #262
jsk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreSam View Post
Are you asking about a Sabre you currently own or ordering? If you own it, I need a model and vin number. Some of the comments I made are reflective of current production. Older models may not have the extended duct work.

Sent you a PM
__________________

__________________
2012 F-350 SRW 6.7
2012 Sabre 34-REQS
jsk is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 05:32 PM   #263
Senior Member
 
LaydBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 320
Sabre Sam, the brochure I have says that heat and AC vents are standard in all bathrooms. I noticed on my unit that the 1/2 bath has neither. My unit would've came off line late December or early January, as my dealer got it January 10th. The last portion of my VIN is ....RU25D3007948, if that helps.
__________________
LINK TO MY MODS

2012 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L
2013 Sabre 36QBOK-7 Platinum Package
LaydBack is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #264
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaydBack View Post
Sabre Sam, the brochure I have says that heat and AC vents are standard in all bathrooms. I noticed on my unit that the 1/2 bath has neither. My unit would've came off line late December or early January, as my dealer got it January 10th. The last portion of my VIN is ....RU25D3007948, if that helps.
LB- ours is the same way. The whole bath has both (in fact, we mostly cover the heat vent because it gets toasty in there).
__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #265
Senior Member
 
LaydBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
LB- ours is the same way. The whole bath has both (in fact, we mostly cover the heat vent because it gets toasty in there).
That is probably the closest register to the furnace, looking at where the furnace is. When I get mine, I'll be removing the furnace to add the blower only switch. I'll probably damper it down at the furnace to force air elsewhere from the source. I guess I'll get some 2" flex duct to run heat to the 1/2 bath.
__________________
LINK TO MY MODS

2012 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L
2013 Sabre 36QBOK-7 Platinum Package
LaydBack is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 06:38 PM   #266
Here to Help
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaydBack
Sabre Sam, the brochure I have says that heat and AC vents are standard in all bathrooms. I noticed on my unit that the 1/2 bath has neither. My unit would've came off line late December or early January, as my dealer got it January 10th. The last portion of my VIN is ....RU25D3007948, if that helps.
Dear Laydback
I am sorry but that comment in the brochure is meant for the full bath only. I will forward your comments to the brochure department to get it corrected.
__________________
SabreSam is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 08:44 PM   #267
36QBOK-7 Club
 
bigblue08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New Albany, IN
Posts: 47
Send a message via AIM to bigblue08 Send a message via MSN to bigblue08 Send a message via Skype™ to bigblue08
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreSam View Post
Bigblue08,
Sabres are currently built with a 1621 pin box. Per the Lippert website, part #160468 is the Roto flex to replace the 1621. I'm not sure where you would see that part number or how to check it.

Please do keep in mind the Roto flex does let the fifth wheel have more forward and back motion due to the hindge of the mech. If you are use to a fixed pin, you will see much more movement than you are use to. The rubber material in the roto flex absorbs the vibration of the "bang" front to back as where a solid pin's "bang" is vibrated thought the unit.

I hope this helps.
Thank you for putting my mind at ease. I checked today and the tag matches the model you posted. I do believe I am going to have to adjust the pinbox as the way they mounted it is causing my fifth wheel plate to pitch forward. That could be the cause of some of the feelings while towing.
__________________
--Jay
2008 Chevy 3500 LTZ DRW
2013 Sabre 36QBOK-7
B&W Turn over ball and companion
Days Camped 2012 - 76
Days Camped 2013 - 7
bigblue08 is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 04:43 PM   #268
Senior Member
 
Cyoul8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Phoenix. AZ
Posts: 103
2nd AC in Bedroom

Hi Sam,
I'm getting ready to have a second AC installed in the bedroom of my 2012 Palomino Sabre 32RCTS. I plan on getting the Penguin II 13.5K unit. I pulled the shroud off the roof vent and see that there is already duct work and bracing there. Then I took off the plate on the ceiling where the 120v wires are and everything looks fine. I have a Dometic thermostat already installed on the wall and it is connected with three wires, but I can't find those wires (the other ends) anywhere near where the AC goes. Can you tell me where I should be looking?
Thank you
__________________

2012 Palomino Sabre 32RCTS-6
2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty Fx4 6.7 Powerstroke
16K PullRite SuperGlide
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags
Cyoul8r is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #269
Here to Help
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyoul8r
Hi Sam,
I'm getting ready to have a second AC installed in the bedroom of my 2012 Palomino Sabre 32RCTS. I plan on getting the Penguin II 13.5K unit. I pulled the shroud off the roof vent and see that there is already duct work and bracing there. Then I took off the plate on the ceiling where the 120v wires are and everything looks fine. I have a Dometic thermostat already installed on the wall and it is connected with three wires, but I can't find those wires (the other ends) anywhere near where the AC goes. Can you tell me where I should be looking?
Thank you
I will try and get an answer Monday .
__________________
SabreSam is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 08:44 PM   #270
Senior Member
 
Cyoul8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Phoenix. AZ
Posts: 103
I'll look forward to your reply. Thanks!
__________________

__________________

2012 Palomino Sabre 32RCTS-6
2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty Fx4 6.7 Powerstroke
16K PullRite SuperGlide
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags
Cyoul8r is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
factory, sabre, warranty

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 PM.