Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #521
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaschultz View Post
I've also been considering the 33BHOK-6 and noticed the weights are now posted. The Dry Hitch Weight is listed as 1,944 lbs. Why would this be more than the 34TBOK-6 or 36QBOK-7?

Katie
Because its lighter in the rear the 36 has an extra slide in the rear for weight distribution.
I believe there's also more trailer "length" behind the axles since its longer.

What truck do u have?

We have the 32bhok and love it.

Have you considered the 33qsik?
We love that floor plan!

Turbs
Old 12-11-2013, 01:29 PM   #522
Always Learning

Quote:
I've also been considering the 33BHOK-6 and noticed the weights are now posted. The Dry Hitch Weight is listed as 1,944 lbs. Why would this be more than the 34TBOK-6 or 36QBOK-7?

Katie
This is mostly my guess - the 36QBOK is extremely pin light for its size due to the dual slide outs in the bunkhouse. On top of that, the outdoor kitchen has fridge, sink, stove and microwave. It all adds up to being quite a bit of lever weight at the backend lightening up the pin weight.

The 34TBOK my guess is that it's slide in the bunkhouse is bigger and the outdoor kitchen appears to be slightly more "full featured" than the 33BHOK. My guess is that it's bunkhouse layout ends up being a little heavier than the 33BHOK.

BUT- you're right the 33BHOK is a few feet shorter than the 34TBOK. It could be the placement of the axles. The further back they are, the more pin weight you'll have (if I understand that correctly).

It's hard to say.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:31 PM   #523
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Maxum,
Dealers have pricing now!
Sabre showed the 33bhok at the Louisville show.
You can order the 33bhok now and units will be starting to get built in February per sabresam.

Turbs
If Sabre has a unit built for the Louisville show, I would think pictures would be available. I don't know if Jack Peeples is available anymore, but he definitely showed me pictures via email before the design was finalized (in fact, admitted later that we helped sway their decision for the awning placement when I commented on it).

If they're posting weights, I'd think they're awfully close to finalizing the design and pictures should be available, even if they're just being privately emailed to folks.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #524

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post

This is mostly my guess - the 36QBOK is extremely pin light for its size due to the dual slide outs in the bunkhouse. On top of that, the outdoor kitchen has fridge, sink, stove and microwave. It all adds up to being quite a bit of lever weight at the backend lightening up the pin weight.

The 34TBOK my guess is that it's slide in the bunkhouse is bigger and the outdoor kitchen appears to be slightly more "full featured" than the 33BHOK. My guess is that it's bunkhouse layout ends up being a little heavier than the 33BHOK.

BUT- you're right the 33BHOK is a few feet shorter than the 34TBOK. It could be the placement of the axles. The further back they are, the more pin weight you'll have (if I understand that correctly).

It's hard to say.
I would have said the same thing......
Old 12-12-2013, 08:39 AM   #525
Minnesotan

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
What truck do u have?
We have the 32bhok and love it.
Have you considered the 33qsik?
We love that floor plan!
Turbs
No truck yet- I'm shopping for the truck and 5ver at the same time. Looking at 1ton diesel CC SRW 2011 or newer. Prefer a long box (which fits in my garage). Both my Dad and sister have 1ton diesel duallys and have offered to move the 5ver around for me till I find the right truck deal.

Hadn't considered the 35qsik because I had thought I would want to stay on the shorter end for length. I haven't done a lot of towing and want to make sure I'm comfortable with the size, weights and backing up. But at the same time I don't want to be upgrading campers in a few years.

Katie
Old 12-12-2013, 08:44 AM   #526
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:

No truck yet- I'm shopping for the truck and 5ver at the same time. Looking at 1ton diesel CC SRW 2011 or newer. Prefer a long box (which fits in my garage). Both my Dad and sister have 1ton diesel duallys and have offered to move the 5ver around for me till I find the right truck deal.

Hadn't considered the 35qsik because I had thought I would want to stay on the shorter end for length. I haven't done a lot of towing and want to make sure I'm comfortable with the size, weights and backing up. But at the same time I don't want to be upgrading campers in a few years.

Katie
For the little extra length I think you'll like the qsik over the bhok not that there's anything wrong with the bhok as like I stated we love ours.
the extra kitchen space with the kitchen slide is well worth it!
If the qsik had been out when we bought the bhok we'd have chosen it over the bhok.

We tow our bhok with a 3/4 ton Silverado with the Duramax Allison with no issues.

Turbs
Old 12-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #527
Always Learning

Interesting discussion - the BHOK vs. QSIK. I am not a fan of camp-side slides. My QBOK is fine because it's way in the back, but has been an issue on some of the tighter camping places we've gone to.

I have more of an issue of the smaller awning on the QSIK. I love our gargantuan awning on the QBOK.

As for camper size- out on the road and towing, I think it's less of an issue. It's once you get into campgrounds that it can be more of a challenge.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #528

Quote:
Interesting discussion - the BHOK vs. QSIK. I am not a fan of camp-side slides. My QBOK is fine because it's way in the back, but has been an issue on some of the tighter camping places we've gone to.

I have more of an issue of the smaller awning on the QSIK. I love our gargantuan awning on the QBOK.

As for camper size- out on the road and towing, I think it's less of an issue. It's once you get into campgrounds that it can be more of a challenge.
That extra space in the kitchen would be nice though! We looked at a Columbus with a similar setup to the QBOK with the add of the slide out kitchen. Really nice, but too pricey for me! Love the QBOK though
Old 12-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #529
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCCowboy View Post
That extra space in the kitchen would be nice though! We looked at a Columbus with a similar setup to the QBOK with the add of the slide out kitchen. Really nice, but too pricey for me! Love the QBOK though
Yep. There's a lot of give or take in all of it. The extra space is nice, but that awning- woe is me, that awning.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #530

Quote:

but that awning- woe is me, that awning.
Yep, let's just hope we never have to replace that awning.... If so we'll wish we had the shorter one.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:28 PM   #531
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCCowboy View Post
Yep, let's just hope we never have to replace that awning.... If so we'll wish we had the shorter one.
Shhhh, don't speak.

It makes you unattractive.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:56 PM   #532

Quote:

shhhh, don't speak.

It makes you unattractive.
lol!!!
Old 12-14-2013, 04:26 AM   #533

Sabre Sam,

I have a 2013 32bhok that has been in the shop now for 3 months. The original main issue was that the dinette slide was scuffing the floor at the back end as it went in and out. Dealer has replaced the linoleum and carpet which were both damaged. He says they have tried all adjustments that they know how to make, but can not get it stop dragging on the floor. We like the camper in general, but this has become very frustrating. Can the factory help out? This is not normal is it? It is still under warranty.

Thanks,

Kirk
Old 12-15-2013, 01:06 PM   #534
Minnesotan

Model 33bhok-6

I learned the 33BHOK-6 will not have a sink in the outside kitchen. They placed a shower close to the outside kitchen instead. This was really disappointing, especially given the price. So I'm now expanding my search, including the 34TBOK-6 and MODEL 35QSIK-6.

I'm looking at 1 ton trucks because here in Mn the registration and plate fees run $500 - $600 cheaper annually.

Katie
Old 12-15-2013, 03:36 PM   #535
Always Learning

We use the sink in our outside kitchen more than anything else out there- though it's all use pretty often (even the microwave which I laughed at the ridiculousness of! We use it often).
Old 12-15-2013, 03:42 PM   #536

Yeah, id agree. I use the sink on our 34tbok often. But equally as much, I like using the spray nozzle to rinse out my cast iron and other equipment that has been in the fire or coals. I'm sure is learn to use the spray wand and a wash tub, but why? Plus, it's great for my kids to step up and wash hands without tracking in the camper.

This is one item, I hope they see right away, that needs to stay how it was.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:01 PM   #537
Oklahoma Proud

Thats why we ruled out the primetime Crusader 360, the '14 don't have sinks. We like the fact that the sabres also have the outside stove- most others only have grilles. We had both and the sink and micro in our puma, so we want the same again. ( we kept the grille from our puma when it totaled, so I have that for our 36qbok when we order it.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #538
Oklahoma Proud

Kaschults- the 36qbok fully loaded was only about $3k more than a 35qsik when we were comparing models and pricing. And not a whole lot of weight difference. Just another idea!
Old 12-15-2013, 07:38 PM   #539
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Thats why we ruled out the primetime Crusader 360, the '14 don't have sinks. We like the fact that the sabres also have the outside stove- most others only have grilles. We had both and the sink and micro in our puma, so we want the same again. ( we kept the grille from our puma when it totaled, so I have that for our 36qbok when we order it.
I do wish we had the bumper mounted grill like the Sierra/Sandpipers have.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:40 PM   #540

I use the outside sink a lot, what a bummer
2017 Heartland Cyclone 3800
2016 Ford F350 6.7 DRW
B&W Companion
Closed Thread

Tags
factory, sabre, warranty