Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 02:13 PM   #281

Should be able to remove the trim screws, bring the slides in partially and remove the screws from the trim nearest the slide seals, but back out and remove the rest. Don't get me wrong, the Sabre line is very nice and has improved this design - but whomever thought it was a good idea to leave wood exposed didn't have any previous building knowledge.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:25 PM   #282

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebber78 View Post
Should be able to remove the trim screws, bring the slides in partially and remove the screws from the trim nearest the slide seals, but back out and remove the rest. Don't get me wrong, the Sabre line is very nice and has improved this design - but whomever thought it was a good idea to leave wood exposed didn't have any previous building knowledge.

WOW, Thanks so much. How come we couldn't think 'out of the box' & tackle it from the inside for the last few screws ?
We are beginning to realize that the floor isn't sinking, but is expanding after it got wet, like this crap flooring does. We are in AZ for another month so not much rain or humidity for it to expand any further, just disappointing to have this happen and have to hassle with this. Thanks for being there.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:13 PM   #283

With good dry weather and it being dried out real well now is the time to seal that baby up with a good dose of anti-wicking paint/sealant on the edges.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #284

Question Fixing Sabre slide floor edges

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebber78 View Post
With good dry weather and it being dried out real well now is the time to seal that baby up with a good dose of anti-wicking paint/sealant on the edges.
We took both trim pieces off yesterday to assess the damage. On the rear end of the chairside slide, 3 staples are still holding the sidewall to the floor which looks like it might be 1" thick chipboard, there is minor rust on the screws and a tiny bit of mould. On the front side, only one very rusty staple was still holding, all the screws were rusty and a lot of mould on the edge of the wood floor. This is located just behind the tandem wheels and presumably could get wet when driving in rain which we hardly ever do.

We cleaned up everything and are off to buy more supplies and will fix it all up while here in the dry desert near Parker AZ......still disappointed to find this. It looks like the floor definitely has absorbed rain or moisture or both and has expanded down about half an inch. Our plan is to fill the old screwholes, drill new holes for the trim piece and re-install the trim in the lower position, flush with the floor & re-seal everywhere. We will also screw up from the bottom to provide extra support......and hope this stuff doesn't crumble too much. Can't imagine why they don't use marine plywood....$$$$????

We have no mould inside on the carpet but certainly this could have got a lot worse, and are assuming/hoping no structural or support problems.....I guess we'll find out later, and will certainly be monitoring the big slide as well, which looks OK. Will post some photos later.

Thanks for your advice MWebber.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:10 PM   #285
Fulltime family RVer

Sam- we're thinking of removing our microwave from the outdoor kitchen. We've only really used it for warming coffee. (Except for cooking Christmas dinner and used it to save space in the kitchen.)

Anyway, do you have any notes you could share for how it's secured? What is behind the microwave? Is it just an open box?
Old 02-26-2013, 10:24 PM   #286

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Sam- we're thinking of removing our microwave from the outdoor kitchen. We've only really used it for warming coffee. (Except for cooking Christmas dinner and used it to save space in the kitchen.)

Anyway, do you have any notes you could share for how it's secured? What is behind the microwave? Is it just an open box?
There's pics in the link in my sig where I removed mine in my old trailer to do some mods. It should just be held in by the trim kit. It's possible there's wiring in the opening too that you may have to try to dress up/hide.

2012 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L
2013 Sabre 36QBOK-7 Platinum Package
Old 02-27-2013, 09:23 AM   #287
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaydBack View Post
There's pics in the link in my sig where I removed mine in my old trailer to do some mods. It should just be held in by the trim kit. It's possible there's wiring in the opening too that you may have to try to dress up/hide.
Thanks for helping the family member. I beleive the trim ring is the key to removing the Microwave.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:37 PM   #288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtant View Post
SabreSam we are such a blessed group to have a caring individual in the corp who really tries to do something himself about customer satisfaction rather than just pay it lip service or write policy for others to carry out. That being stated I would like some help with a couple of issues. We just picked up our 281RLDS and look forward to many great trips in it. First, I mailed in the extra year warranty with a $150 check several weeks ago and the check still has not cleared my bank nor have I heard anything about it. Secondly, in my walk through I was told to just take the two easy chairs place them back to back and wrap the tie down straps around them placing one of them directly in front of the door. I asked about the clip on the floor but the question was kind of dodged. Can I get a diagram of how Forest River recommends the chairs be secured for travel. Thanks for all you do everyday. Sincerely jtant
Bump did I get overlooked?
Old 02-27-2013, 10:45 PM   #289
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:

Ill text sam and let him know your awaiting an answer.

He should respond as soon as time allows .

Turbs
Old 02-27-2013, 11:08 PM   #290
Here to Help

Quote:

Dear Jtant
Yes your post did get missed. You'll need to PM me your full name, serial number, and name of selling dealer. I will then see if your warranty form has been received.

As far as the straps we don't really have any type of drawing. The selling dealer should have demonstrated how to use the straps across the chairs and clipped to the silver buckles on the floor. You might post a tread asking for other 281rlds owners to respond. They might be able to send you some pictures.

Thanks for being a Sabre owner

Tags
factory, sabre, warranty