Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 08:51 PM   #41
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Call your dealer first .
If you have no success then pm sabresam
Old 09-10-2012, 09:06 PM   #42
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo

Why did they make u move it ?
RVIA wants all converters out of the kitchen bases where water leaks could cause major electrical problems. Just trying to be proactive with owners in mind.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:07 PM   #43
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreSam View Post
RVIA wants all converters out of the kitchen bases where water leaks could cause major electrical problems. Just trying to be proactive with owners in mind.
converters ? I thought we were talking tv's ? lol
Old 09-10-2012, 09:12 PM   #44
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaynerz
what is the process of getting a cabinet door replacement? seems i had a brain fart when closing the trailer slides, and one was left just far enough open for the slide to catch said door. i heard a loud brief cracking noise followed by loud brief swearing.

i have a 2012 31rets6, and would like to get a replacement before too much of the next model year has been gotten into, and past model items are no longer available.

thanks in advance
Dear customer,
You can purchase from any Sabre dealer. Just take a photo, print it and write the dimensions on it. take that to your dealer and they can use it to order. You might even send it to the dealer via email and save you some miles. The photo will help insure you get the correct door.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:43 PM   #45
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Location of door couldn't hurt either .
Old 09-13-2012, 10:28 PM   #46

SabreSam,

we ordered our 2013 32BHOK-6 with a ceiling fan. When the fan is turned on, the 60Hz hum from the motor reverberates throughout the 5th wheel. It sounds like hair clippers in an old barbershop. i contacted our dealer about this a couple of months ago. Dealer says they've contacted FR and the fan manufacturer, but we don't have a resolution yet. While i don't expect a ceiling fan to be 100% quiet (I have several at home), this one is annoyingly loud. Where do I go from here?
Old 09-13-2012, 10:47 PM   #47
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Neil ,
The fan is or should be a 12v fan.
I'm guessing it may be a interference situation ?
My fan is super quiet in my 32bhok.
I hope Sam has a suggestion !

Turbs
Old 09-13-2012, 11:06 PM   #48

My ceiling fan is definitely a 110v unit. It looks exactly like a zillion other residential fans.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:21 AM   #49
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilM108
My ceiling fan is definitely a 110v unit. It looks exactly like a zillion other residential fans.
Mine looks like the fan in my house .
Doesn't make it 110 v

So you've tried the fan without shore power and it didn't work ?
Old 09-14-2012, 03:02 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo

Doesn't make it 110 v

Hmmmmm.... makes me think about the word "assume".. I cannot imagine a hum like that coming from the 12V line, but no, I have not actually tried to run the fan on 12V. The switch in the cupboard is a 110V-style wall switch, the noise from the fan is a 60hz hum....

SabreSam... are these 110v or 12v in the 2013's?
Old 09-14-2012, 03:12 PM   #51
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:

Hmmmmm.... makes me think about the word "assume".. I cannot imagine a hum like that coming from the 12V line, but no, I have not actually tried to run the fan on 12V. The switch in the cupboard is a 110V-style wall switch, the noise from the fan is a 60hz hum....

Would be nice to know eh ?

Maybe that's why mines quiet and yours isn't !?!?!?!
Have a great weekend !
Turbs
Old 09-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #52
Here to Help

Quote:

I'll work on it but I need more info. Send me your contact information and vin number. Also send me your servicing dealer name.

For a quick fix you might slightly adjust the blades with a slight twist. That hum is sometimes cause by a blade being out of wack.

We will get you fixed up.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:09 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreSam View Post
I'll work on it but I need more info. Send me your contact information and vin number. Also send me your servicing dealer name.

For a quick fix you might slightly adjust the blades with a slight twist. That hum is sometimes cause by a blade being out of wack.

We will get you fixed up.
Sent you the VIN via PM. Selling dealer was Western Trailer & RV in Havre, MT
Old 09-15-2012, 10:13 AM   #54
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Doesn't make it 110 v

Mine is 110v with 3 lights. If the shore line is pulled, the fan stops. It is definitely 110v.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:04 PM   #55
Always Learning

A couple of questions of "what's under there?" - with Christmas coming, we're planning on a trip away and need to make sure that Santa can visit us away from home. We don't do overly extravagant or anything like that, but we do need to stash a handful of things without the darling daughter being any the wiser. SO...

I took the cushions off of our seats in the dinette. 2 of the 3 seats were screwed down with no access to get under them. The 3rd had no screws and had a 1"-ish hole drilled so that you could pickup the plywood. What's under each of the dinette seats? Could I back these screws out, drill finger holes and free up some more storage space?

The same with the bed - we lifted it up to check out the platform that it's on. My model has a bedroom slide, so I assume the slide's machinery is under there... but, is there any usable space around it if I cordoned off the area?

I'd love to know before I start pulling screws and poking holes in things.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:31 AM   #56
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad
A couple of questions of "what's under there?" - with Christmas coming, we're planning on a trip away and need to make sure that Santa can visit us away from home. We don't do overly extravagant or anything like that, but we do need to stash a handful of things without the darling daughter being any the wiser. SO...

I took the cushions off of our seats in the dinette. 2 of the 3 seats were screwed down with no access to get under them. The 3rd had no screws and had a 1"-ish hole drilled so that you could pickup the plywood. What's under each of the dinette seats? Could I back these screws out, drill finger holes and free up some more storage space?

The same with the bed - we lifted it up to check out the platform that it's on. My model has a bedroom slide, so I assume the slide's machinery is under there... but, is there any usable space around it if I cordoned off the area?

I'd love to know before I start pulling screws and poking holes in things.
Dear customer
Sorry for the delay in answering. Yes you can unscrew the dinette platform. RVIA codes require us to screw that down due to the electrical outlet mounted in the base. Just be careful to not pack too much against the outlet.

I would not store anything under the bed platform. Something could move and jam the slide mech. I hope that helps.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:42 AM   #57
Always Learning

I think once I pop it open, I'll look at the back of the outlet and see if I could put a basket around it somehow to ensure things keep away from it.

That's a shame about the bed platform. I was worried about the slide mechanism being a problem and it sounds like it could be. My wife has a girlfriend whose bed is NOT on a slide - we're a little jealous of their storage space.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:32 PM   #58

We are having problems with the dealership that does the warranty work on our new RV. They rarely return our calls and when they do , they call to tell us they are still researching the problem. We have been wating over 2 months for a return phone call. They are an hour away and the next closest dealership is 2 hours away. What do you suggest we do?
Old 09-24-2012, 12:58 PM   #59
phat phrog stunt crew

My wife has a girlfriend whose bed is NOT on a slide - we're a little jealous of their storage space

we gladly traded our underbed storage/short queen for a full size queen and a slideout.

you have a 41 ft fw, and are a little jealous of no under bed storage??
Old 09-25-2012, 03:27 PM   #60
Here to Help

Dealer issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsmeow62 View Post
We are having problems with the dealership that does the warranty work on our new RV. They rarely return our calls and when they do , they call to tell us they are still researching the problem. We have been wating over 2 months for a return phone call. They are an hour away and the next closest dealership is 2 hours away. What do you suggest we do?
Dear Customer,
Please send me the following information in a PM
Your name, address, phone number.
Vin number.
Selling Dealer.
Outstanding issues with camper.

Thanks
Closed Thread

Tags
factory, sabre, warranty