Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 08:04 PM   #661
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Looks like I'll be making a set for the rear then!
Thanks all, for the info!

Thanks Sam for answering my question!

MillerTime- Future Sabre Handler!!
You will also find that putting a set of jacks in front of the axles on the 2 x 4 tube that they will take the bounce out of the center of the trailer that the landing jacks and the rear stabilizer jacks will not eliminate.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:22 PM   #662
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
You will also find that putting a set of jacks in front of the axles on the 2 x 4 tube that they will take the bounce out of the center of the trailer that the landing jacks and the rear stabilizer jacks will not eliminate.
Yep, have been shopping other jacks to permanently mount in front of wheel on the I beam. Was just going to use manual scissor jacks since I always carry a snapon impact w/me.

MillerTime- Future Sabre Handler!!
Old 04-16-2014, 10:53 PM   #663
Always Learning

Truth be told, we have JT's knockoffs in the front and rear- and still have a LOT of movement. I want to add the scissor jacks ahead of the axles, just need to buck up and buy them.

Maybe I'm setting them wrong, but I seem to be following the instructions given out by most folks for "rock solid" setups.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:28 AM   #664
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Truth be told, we have JT's knockoffs in the front and rear- and still have a LOT of movement. I want to add the scissor jacks ahead of the axles, just need to buck up and buy them.

Maybe I'm setting them wrong, but I seem to be following the instructions given out by most folks for "rock solid" setups.
How many arms up front doug?
2 or 4?
Pics?

TURBS

Sabre owners united!
Old 04-17-2014, 06:30 AM   #665
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post

I've found there is no "rock solid" setup with all the stabilizers and so forth...it definetly takes most of the wiggle out but I can see going one step further with the scissor jack method at the axles to provide a lot for stability.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:07 AM   #666
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
How many arms up front doug?
2 or 4?
Pics?

4 up front. 2 in the rear- I don't like the rears going to the bumper like my dealer did.

Fronts:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1397747086.994345.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	50053Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1397747114.340812.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	50054

Rear:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1397747160.425812.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	50055

Cajun, I'd be happy with "solid".. I can tell when my started at 8 and now 10 year old moves around in her bunk at the opposite end of the camper. We can tell when she gets out of bed and all that jazz.

I also have between-the-wheel chocks (RotoChocks).
Old 04-17-2014, 10:43 AM   #667

Going to the bumper is one way I didn't think of, those electric rears seem like they would be a lot better to start with rather than the sissors but now actually looking a rear arms they seem like they might interfere with a hitch. That's next on my list need a way to haul the golf cart but I haven't seen any info on acceptable weights or anything for that matter
"Duramax"

B&W companion slider
Old 04-17-2014, 11:13 AM   #668
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronek28 View Post
Going to the bumper is one way I didn't think of, those electric rears seem like they would be a lot better to start with rather than the sissors but now actually looking a rear arms they seem like they might interfere with a hitch. That's next on my list need a way to haul the golf cart but I haven't seen any info on acceptable weights or anything for that matter
I think the bumper is not a good idea - my bumper has gotten bent where the jacks are installed. We had to make the holes larger and re-make threads to tighten the brackets.

I wouldn't trust the bumper itself to haul anything. You need to mount to the frame (which gets into warranty issues if you're still covered).
Old 04-17-2014, 11:22 AM   #669

Thanks note taken (no bumper mounted stable arms)

Yeah I definitely will mount a certain class rated receiver to the frame but need to get more info and yes mine is still under warranty. The golf cart thing doesn't need to happen soon but i do need a way to transport the bikes
"Duramax"

B&W companion slider
Old 04-17-2014, 11:28 AM   #670
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronek28 View Post
Thanks note taken (no bumper mounted stable arms)

Yeah I definitely will mount a certain class rated receiver to the frame but need to get more info and yes mine is still under warranty. The golf cart thing doesn't need to happen soon but i do need a way to transport the bikes
My bikes ride inside the camper on the dinette. I put down a waterproof sheet and then layer bikes and waterproof sheets to keep them protected from each other. Stand the bikes on their back wheel to wheel them in and around the camper, on their sides on the dinette.

Other options are- on top of the truck, front mounted hitch on the truck, or inexpensive custom fabricated (or super expensive off the shelf product) hitch mount.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:37 PM   #671

Sabre Sam,

What's the usual return time on a warranty parts order? We purchased our 2014 Sabre 34tbok on 3/18. The parts were ordered on 3/27 for trailer delivery on 4/29. Presently, no parts are in, I've had to make my first payment on the trailer and dealership is saying they don't know when the parts will be in but almost assuredly won't make delivery. What's the story and whom should I take this up with? Camp opens 5/1 and I have not a clue as to when I might get my brand new trailer!!!!!!
Old 04-17-2014, 06:44 PM   #672
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taghster View Post
Sabre Sam,

What's the usual return time on a warranty parts order? We purchased our 2014 Sabre 34tbok on 3/18. The parts were ordered on 3/27 for trailer delivery on 4/29. Presently, no parts are in, I've had to make my first payment on the trailer and dealership is saying they don't know when the parts will be in but almost assuredly won't make delivery. What's the story and whom should I take this up with? Camp opens 5/1 and I have not a clue as to when I might get my brand new trailer!!!!!!
Pm sabresam your campers full vin number and selling dealers name and location.

He'll get back to you.

TURBS

Sabre owners united!
Old 04-17-2014, 08:42 PM   #673

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Pm sabresam your campers full vin number and selling dealers name and location.

He'll get back to you.

TURBS

Sabre owners united!
Thank you. I just sent him a message.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:56 PM   #674
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Your welcome.

TURBS

Sabre owners united!
Old 04-18-2014, 08:30 AM   #675
Here to Help

Parts

Quote:
Dear Taghster,
I got your PM. I've forwarded your question to our part and warranty department. The answer might be delayed due to Good Friday. I promise an answer by Monday 4/21.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:39 AM   #676

Thank you Sabre Sam! I appreciate it!
Old 04-19-2014, 09:19 PM   #677

Sabre Sam,
We have a problem with the water pump in our Sabre in sig below. We're on a seasonal site and we hooked up to city water on Thursday. Found out the fresh water tank was filling with water and saw it coming out of the fill tube in the Convenience Center. I opened the fresh water tank drain and just let the water drain out but it never stopped. A RV Service tech was in the campground today and I asked him to stop by and take a look. After looking at all the connections he removed the ShurFlo pump. If he blows on either the inlet or outlet tube he can feel/hear air getting through. We do have the FR 2nd year warranty which expires soon. Our dealer is a pretty long drive. Any suggestions on how to proceed with repairs/replacement. Feel free to PM me and as always thanks for all you do.
Wiscampsin
Old 04-21-2014, 01:37 PM   #678

SabreSam,
I called Shurflo this morning. They issued me a RA# and told me to send them the defective pump and they would send a replacement.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:54 PM   #679

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
SabreSam,
I called Shurflo this morning. They issued me a RA# and told me to send them the defective pump and they would send a replacement.
Where's the like button?
Old 05-05-2014, 08:09 AM   #680

Sabre Sam,
We are having problems with the slide seals on our 2013 Sabre 34TBOK. The tubes pull out of the channels every time we open the slides. Our dealer attempted to fix the problem twice last year. The tubes are still coming out, thus separating from the screws they inserted. I have read that someone had their seals replaced with a new type. Is this an option? Would this be covered by the warranty? Thank you for your assistance.
Closed Thread

Tags
factory, sabre, warranty