Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 11:06 AM   #61
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsmeow62 View Post
We are having problems with the dealership that does the warranty work on our new RV. They rarely return our calls and when they do , they call to tell us they are still researching the problem. We have been wating over 2 months for a return phone call. They are an hour away and the next closest dealership is 2 hours away. What do you suggest we do?
Dear Customer,
I still need some addtional information. You sent me the wrong vin number. And I need phone numbers so you can be contacted.

Thanks
Old 09-29-2012, 11:01 PM   #62
Camper Less Camping

Thanks SabreSam for all your help with our questions on our new 2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6.

Just took delivery this week on our unit and enjoy the revised features that it came with, Dealer did a great job on our prep and PDI walk thru...no issues.

Here are a few of the changes our's came with that we think you guys did a great job on:

*bike rack-painted black
*decals-sharper/more aggressive styling
*front cap-LED lights
*battery-disconnect switch
*interior lighting-LED
*hard surface countertops-tan color
*cabinets-upgraded design w/residential feel

Keep up the good work!

Old 09-30-2012, 09:44 AM   #63

SabreSam,

I while ago you helped us get some new decals to replace ones that were damaged from an unplanned encouter with a apple tree. You also provided me with a procedure for removing and reapplying them, but now can't find it.

Could you please explain that process to us again.

Thanks for the ongoing support!
Old 10-01-2012, 08:50 PM   #64
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimchaSabre
SabreSam,

I while ago you helped us get some new decals to replace ones that were damaged from an unplanned encouter with a apple tree. You also provided me with a procedure for removing and reapplying them, but now can't find it.

Could you please explain that process to us again.

Thanks for the ongoing support!
Will you PM me your contact phone number?
Old 10-02-2012, 11:03 PM   #65

Hi SabreSam,

We have a 2010 32BHTS and love it. I am wanting to add a small second AC in the bedroom roof vent and just want to make sure the roof can support the weight?

We have had our camper 2 years now and are very pleased with it! The only problem I can recall is the sliding drawer on the couch that holds the air bed, one of the slider mechanisms broke and it won't stay on track. We just sort of deal with it, not sure how it could be fixed other than replacing the hardware?

Mainly I want to be sure the bedroom can support the AC.

Thanks!
Old 10-03-2012, 09:43 AM   #66

One last question SabreSam, we lost a center cap when a wheel worked loose, how would I go about ordering a replacement center cap?

Thanks again!
Old 10-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #67
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jallen28145
Hi SabreSam,

We have a 2010 32BHTS and love it. I am wanting to add a small second AC in the bedroom roof vent and just want to make sure the roof can support the weight?

We have had our camper 2 years now and are very pleased with it! The only problem I can recall is the sliding drawer on the couch that holds the air bed, one of the slider mechanisms broke and it won't stay on track. We just sort of deal with it, not sure how it could be fixed other than replacing the hardware?

Mainly I want to be sure the bedroom can support the AC.

Thanks!
Dear Customer
Yes the roof is constructed to support the weight of a small AC. You might visit the sofa manufactures website www.flairinteriors.com for the sofa hardware.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #68
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jallen28145
One last question SabreSam, we lost a center cap when a wheel worked loose, how would I go about ordering a replacement center cap?

Thanks again!
You can order that through and Sabre dealer.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #69

Hello Sabre Sam
We have a 2011 290RES....and really like it.Our dealer is some distance away so I thought I'd ask you first.One small problem I have ...the flexible "cable track" that supports the wiring for the slide out...."the black plastic thingy with the wires attached that moves in/out with the slide"...ours is broken in half...Is this something I should expect my dealer to replace and cover the cost of?..
Thanks
KevnVal
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4 SXT 6.4l Hemi 3:73's
Former Michelin Tire Guy
Old 10-04-2012, 08:54 PM   #70
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevnval
Hello Sabre Sam
We have a 2011 290RES....and really like it.Our dealer is some distance away so I thought I'd ask you first.One small problem I have ...the flexible "cable track" that supports the wiring for the slide out...."the black plastic thingy with the wires attached that moves in/out with the slide"...ours is broken in half...Is this something I should expect my dealer to replace and cover the cost of?..
Thanks
KevnVal
If it's still under warranty it should be covered at no cost to you.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:47 AM   #71
Camper Less Camping

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2038734756.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	20257

SabreSam:

Wanted to know if there is a TV backer on this wall between dresser and ceiling?
Our unit did not come with a sticker saying otherwise and our Dealer said no when asked this question.

BUT...I'm questioning this due to the location of the cable and power outlets (ceiling) as it seems to be setup to hang a TV on this wall?
I'd expect the outlet and cable plate to be down near the dresser if it's meant to put TV on top of the dresser?

Old 10-05-2012, 02:27 PM   #72
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun

SabreSam:

Wanted to know if there is a TV backer on this wall between dresser and ceiling?
Our unit did not come with a sticker saying otherwise and our Dealer said no when asked this question.

BUT...I'm questioning this due to the location of the cable and power outlets (ceiling) as it seems to be setup to hang a TV on this wall?
I'd expect the outlet and cable plate to be down near the dresser if it's meant to put TV on top of the dresser?
I think the only reason the cables come from the ceiling is ease of install.
I don't think there's a backer but I could be wrong.

Turbs
Old 10-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #73
Always Learning

Or 36QBOK appears to have the same plugs, window and dresser- SabreSam confirmed that we DO have a TV backer in that location. If I recall correctly, he said it was in the middle of the window (but I'd have to confirm that back in the first "Ask Sam" thread.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:37 PM   #74
Here to Help

I will have pictures and measurements next week to help with the Tv install.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #75

Need Sabre Sam's Help with Water Filter 2013 36 Sabre QBOK

Sabre Sam,

We purchased a brand new 2013 Palimino Sabre 36 QBOK from RVwholesalers. When we took delivery we discovered they shipped an incorrect water filter with our unit.

They shipped Model# CCI-10-Ca... I took pictures of our filter housing... sent it to them and one month later I received a new filter from Forest River... and of course what did they send... the same filter. We have already been camping four times and I purchased an exterior filter but I want to use the bigger one built in.

Can you help? I don't want to wait another month for the wrong one again!

The housing says we need a KW1 replacement cartridge and I now have two CCI-10-Ca filters that I can't use.

Thank You in Advance,

Joe
Old 10-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #76
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Joe I sent you a pm.

Turbs
Old 10-06-2012, 09:05 PM   #77
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreSam
I will have pictures and measurements next week to help with the Tv install.
Thanks!

Old 10-11-2012, 05:58 AM   #78

Bike Rack Exchange?

SabreSam,

Please take a look at this post regarding bike rack issues: (if you haven't already seen it)
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post261138

I am also wondering what the official factory position would be on accepting a trade in of the earlier version towards the purchase of the redesigned one?

Thanks
Old 10-11-2012, 06:25 AM   #79

Question about removing the TV for winter

SabreSam - need to get the TV out for the winter of our 2013 36RLQS - is there an easier way to do so other than unscrew the plate from the back of the TV? Looked behind and there doesn't seem to be a "quick release" option on the swing arm mechanism.

If not, can the TV be left in the unit if we wrap in moving blankets? Left outside in storage facility in Wisconsin winters (wind chill can get about 40 below at times!) and the TV is on the outside wall.

Please advise.

FRF & FROG member
Rallies 12 & 13, Cherry Blossom 13, Branson 13... More to come!
Old 10-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #80

Loose Kitchen Fawcett

Anyone or SabreSam know how to tighten the kitchen fawcett. The vertical stem flops around a little, and was wondering if it needs to be tightened from under the sink ( there is absolutly no room around the supply lines) or can it be tightened from the top?
Closed Thread

Tags
factory, sabre, warranty