Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 08:55 AM   #411
Camper Less Camping
 
Cajun Po-Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NW
Posts: 3,642
OK...why do I get warm air seeping out of this area when the furnace is not operating?

I can understand if the converter is using this space to dissipate heat but don't really know if this is the case?
__________________

__________________
2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6 (sold)
Family of 4 whose always on the GEAUX!
Cajun Po-Boy is offline  
Old 06-26-2013, 09:27 AM   #412
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,512
I wanted to close off this grate during the summer when not using the furnace so I took a piece of Reflectix, covered it with black fabric and hold it in place with Velcro top & bottom. When using furnace I remove it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	X.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	34024
__________________

__________________
Wiscampsin is offline  
Old 06-26-2013, 09:33 AM   #413
Senior Member
 
LaydBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
OK...why do I get warm air seeping out of this area when the furnace is not operating?

I can understand if the converter is using this space to dissipate heat but don't really know if this is the case?
I should have looked at your floorplan before responding, but the furnace is in the basement (unconditioned air space), so if it's hot there, that could explain why you're getting warm air. Even though the air chamber is sealed from the combustion chamber, the fresh air for circulation would be coming from the area around the actual furnace. So, unless the air is coming in with force, I'm thinking it's basement heat coming through your furnace return.
__________________
LINK TO MY MODS

2012 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L
2013 Sabre 36QBOK-7 Platinum Package
LaydBack is offline  
Old 06-26-2013, 09:52 AM   #414
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
BombDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SC Lowcountry
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaydBack View Post
I should have looked at your floorplan before responding, but the furnace is in the basement (unconditioned air space), so if it's hot there, that could explain why you're getting warm air. Even though the air chamber is sealed from the combustion chamber, the fresh air for circulation would be coming from the area around the actual furnace. So, unless the air is coming in with force, I'm thinking it's basement heat coming through your furnace return.
I agree with LaydBack. I came to the same conclusion. I have warm air seeping in on those really warm days. I suspect it is from the same source, outside ambient air. I like Wiscampsin's mod and I think I'm going to do the same thing!!
__________________
John & April & "Scout"
2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6
Nights Camped 2013-(44) 2014-(59) 2015-(47)
2016-(32) 2017-13
BombDoc is offline  
Old 06-26-2013, 10:00 AM   #415
Camper Less Camping
 
Cajun Po-Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NW
Posts: 3,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
I wanted to close off this grate during the summer when not using the furnace so I took a piece of Reflectix, covered it with black fabric and hold it in place with Velcro top & bottom. When using furnace I remove it.
Thanks guys for the input/solution...this mod on my list when I get back!
__________________
2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6 (sold)
Family of 4 whose always on the GEAUX!
Cajun Po-Boy is offline  
Old 06-29-2013, 05:55 PM   #416
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midland, MI
Posts: 626
On the 32 RCTS, the water heater is in the same space right next to the the furnace. and the 12v converter is under the sink both of which contribtes heat load ...Although I have not noticed this yet on our 32RCTS, it does make sense that though would be some heat leakage back into the camper through the furnace return.

We haven't needed AC yet this season, but I will check out how much heat leaks out of ours and will make the Mod also.
__________________
Cathy & Jeff
Midland, Michigan
2013 Sabre 32RCTS / 2012 Ram2500 Hemi
SimchaSabre is offline  
Old 07-02-2013, 05:41 PM   #417
Senior Member
 
demoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 103
jtstrongarm,

I have the same fifth wheel. Nver prop it up, never had a problem. There is nothing for it to hit. We store toys on it in transit, no problems....

R,
Dennis
__________________
2013 Palomino Sabre 34 TBOK
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD SRW CrewCab SB
B&W Companion
demoore is offline  
Old 07-08-2013, 12:29 AM   #418
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Cedar Springs, MI
Posts: 41
2nd A/C Ducting

Anybody else have the 2nd A/C option on their Sabre camper? When our primary 15k BTU unit is running, we get very little air flow into the front bedroom. I would expect that we should get normal air flow and it was explained to me that they front and rear A/C's would be ducted when installed from the factory. We are currently on 30amp service, so I cannot run both A/C's at the same time but our bedroom is too warm at night sometimes.

Do they block the ducts to the front bedroom when the 2nd A/C unit is put in, or should I be asking questions of the factory when I turn in my list of warranty issues?
__________________
2014 Palomino Sabre 34-TBOK (picked up 5/11/13)
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax
anthonyshaw is offline  
Old 07-08-2013, 07:13 AM   #419
Camper Less Camping
 
Cajun Po-Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NW
Posts: 3,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyshaw View Post
Anybody else have the 2nd A/C option on their Sabre camper? When our primary 15k BTU unit is running, we get very little air flow into the front bedroom. I would expect that we should get normal air flow and it was explained to me that they front and rear A/C's would be ducted when installed from the factory. We are currently on 30amp service, so I cannot run both A/C's at the same time but our bedroom is too warm at night sometimes.

Do they block the ducts to the front bedroom when the 2nd A/C unit is put in, or should I be asking questions of the factory when I turn in my list of warranty issues?
They are ducted but airflow will feel lighter than air from vents closer to the unit that is running.
Some users on here have done some additional taping of duct work seams around the AC units where air loss can occur.
__________________
2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6 (sold)
Family of 4 whose always on the GEAUX!
Cajun Po-Boy is offline  
Old 07-08-2013, 08:27 AM   #420
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Cedar Springs, MI
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
They are ducted but airflow will feel lighter than air from vents closer to the unit that is running.
Some users on here have done some additional taping of duct work seams around the AC units where air loss can occur.
I can understand the airflow being lighter, but it's almost non-existent in the bedroom. Our unit is still under warranty, so I want to make sure that there isn't something blocking it. When I'm back up to our lot this weekend, I'll turn on the 13.5 in bedroom with the 15k in the main area off and see what kind of flow we get into the main living area's first couple vents
__________________

__________________
2014 Palomino Sabre 34-TBOK (picked up 5/11/13)
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax
anthonyshaw is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
factory, sabre, warranty

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 AM.