Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2013, 08:49 PM   #491
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
TV BACKER.PDF

Here is the promised drawing on file from Sabre for the bedroom tv 5th wheel backer placement.

Its unclear the exact model year and what models they started installing the backer and it is Not VIN specific so be fore warned that you may or may not have it place in your unit.

Backer edges can be verified with a strong magnet as to wether its there for sure.

Currently SABRE is installing a 24" tv that weighs no more than 10.8 lbs.

I would defiantly not exceed what sabre is currently using.

I would also defiantly use a high quality mounting bracket and high quality screws to secure your unit.

Your results may vary so defiantly make sure you can mount the bracket SECURELY !~

TURBS
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline  
Old 10-23-2013, 11:15 PM   #492
Senior Member
 
QCCowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Attachment 41637

Here is the promised drawing on file from Sabre for the bedroom tv 5th wheel backer placement.

Its unclear the exact model year and what models they started installing the backer and it is Not VIN specific so be fore warned that you may or may not have it place in your unit.

Backer edges can be verified with a strong magnet as to wether its there for sure.

Currently SABRE is installing a 24" tv that weighs no more than 10.8 lbs.

I would defiantly not exceed what sabre is currently using.

I would also defiantly use a high quality mounting bracket and high quality screws to secure your unit.

Your results may vary so defiantly make sure you can mount the bracket SECURELY !~

TURBS
Thanks Turbs! I would also offer this advice to everyone, if you purchase a mounting bracket from a big box store, you do not want to, nor need to use the mounting screws that come with the bracket. They typically come with 3" - 3.5" screws intended to be drilled and screwed through drywall and into wood studs (2"x4"). The backer that is installed is very, very thin and you do not need 3" screws to mount it securely. I'm sure I am paranoid, but I also did not want to run the risk of accidentally poking through to the exterior fiberglass and creating an even bigger problem. I used 1.5" screws if I remember correctly (which still might have been overkill).

OH Yeah, pre-drill your holes when mounting a TV here. I slowly drilled a very small hole, to make my mark and get an appropriate depth, and then went up to just a size below what the screw require to make it as tight as possible without stripping the threads of the screw.
__________________

__________________
Jack of all trades - Master of none
2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2014 Sabre 36QBOK
QCCowboy is offline  
Old 10-27-2013, 04:33 PM   #493
Senior Member
 
pjones1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Texas
Posts: 140
Mounted mine on the wall to the left of the dresser, pulled antenna plate and saw a stud back there. Used the Travel TV Wall Mount, comes with two mounting plates, the other one us going in my cargo bay.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-21922858.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	41887   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3092123190.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	41888  
__________________
2011 Puma Unleashed 27SBU - SOLD
2013 Sabre 32bhok-6 - SOLD
2012 Ford F250 6.2 - SOLD
2017 Heartland Cyclone 3800
2016 Ford F350 6.7 DRW
B&W Companion
pjones1969 is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 07:26 PM   #494
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 70
Sam,
Just wondering if you found any info ? I plan on a bracket that allows me to remove the TV when traveling and also can move the TV outside when needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreSam View Post
Dear Okietom,
I will try and locate the information that you are requesting. If you decide to hang the TV on the wall, I believe we recommend a TV no larger than 22" due to weight. I will be in touch.
Sabresam
__________________
okietom is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 07:33 PM   #495
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by okietom View Post
Sam,
Just wondering if you found any info ? I plan on a bracket that allows me to remove the TV when traveling and also can move the TV outside when needed.
Look two posts up from yours.
__________________
TURBS is offline  
Old 11-01-2013, 06:04 PM   #496
Senior Member
 
pjones1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Texas
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjones1969 View Post
Mounted mine on the wall to the left of the dresser, pulled antenna plate and saw a stud back there. Used the Travel TV Wall Mount, comes with two mounting plates, the other one us going in my cargo bay.
Pic of bracket from Travel TV Wall Mount
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3071199075.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	42178  
__________________
2011 Puma Unleashed 27SBU - SOLD
2013 Sabre 32bhok-6 - SOLD
2012 Ford F250 6.2 - SOLD
2017 Heartland Cyclone 3800
2016 Ford F350 6.7 DRW
B&W Companion
pjones1969 is offline  
Old 11-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #497
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 70
What I am trying to figure out is if my camper actually has the backer or not. It feels solid above the window but would like to be 100% sure before drilling holes in my new camper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Look two posts up from yours.
__________________
okietom is offline  
Old 11-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #498
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by okietom View Post
What I am trying to figure out is if my camper actually has the backer or not. It feels solid above the window but would like to be 100% sure before drilling holes in my new camper.
That drawing and info that I posted is from sabre.
The only way to tell if you do is by what I stated in that post.

There is no serial number, model nor year specifically and they can't agree for sure which and when .....

Sorry but you'll have to take measurements and a strong magnet to be sure.


Turbs
__________________
TURBS is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 03:03 PM   #499
Senior Member
 
pjones1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Texas
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjones1969 View Post
Pic of bracket from Travel TV Wall Mount
Mounted the 2nd one in the cargo bay, also built a rack for the Directv receiver.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2399823328.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	42436   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1539238504.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	42438   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1126211287.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	42439  
__________________
2011 Puma Unleashed 27SBU - SOLD
2013 Sabre 32bhok-6 - SOLD
2012 Ford F250 6.2 - SOLD
2017 Heartland Cyclone 3800
2016 Ford F350 6.7 DRW
B&W Companion
pjones1969 is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #500
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by okietom View Post
What I am trying to figure out is if my camper actually has the backer or not. It feels solid above the window but would like to be 100% sure before drilling holes in my new camper.
I contacted Gary Grisby, the Sabre warranty manager about mine having one. He said it definitely does. I don't know if that is a model-specific thing or what.
__________________

__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is online now  
Closed Thread

Tags
factory, sabre, warranty

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48 AM.