Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #521
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaschultz View Post
I've also been considering the 33BHOK-6 and noticed the weights are now posted. The Dry Hitch Weight is listed as 1,944 lbs. Why would this be more than the 34TBOK-6 or 36QBOK-7?

Katie
Because its lighter in the rear the 36 has an extra slide in the rear for weight distribution.
I believe there's also more trailer "length" behind the axles since its longer.

What truck do u have?

We have the 32bhok and love it.

Have you considered the 33qsik?
We love that floor plan!


Turbs
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline  
Old 12-11-2013, 01:29 PM   #522
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaschultz View Post
I've also been considering the 33BHOK-6 and noticed the weights are now posted. The Dry Hitch Weight is listed as 1,944 lbs. Why would this be more than the 34TBOK-6 or 36QBOK-7?

Katie
This is mostly my guess - the 36QBOK is extremely pin light for its size due to the dual slide outs in the bunkhouse. On top of that, the outdoor kitchen has fridge, sink, stove and microwave. It all adds up to being quite a bit of lever weight at the backend lightening up the pin weight.

The 34TBOK my guess is that it's slide in the bunkhouse is bigger and the outdoor kitchen appears to be slightly more "full featured" than the 33BHOK. My guess is that it's bunkhouse layout ends up being a little heavier than the 33BHOK.

BUT- you're right the 33BHOK is a few feet shorter than the 34TBOK. It could be the placement of the axles. The further back they are, the more pin weight you'll have (if I understand that correctly).

It's hard to say.
__________________

__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is online now  
Old 12-11-2013, 01:31 PM   #523
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Maxum,
Dealers have pricing now!
Sabre showed the 33bhok at the Louisville show.
You can order the 33bhok now and units will be starting to get built in February per sabresam.

Turbs
If Sabre has a unit built for the Louisville show, I would think pictures would be available. I don't know if Jack Peeples is available anymore, but he definitely showed me pictures via email before the design was finalized (in fact, admitted later that we helped sway their decision for the awning placement when I commented on it).

If they're posting weights, I'd think they're awfully close to finalizing the design and pictures should be available, even if they're just being privately emailed to folks.
__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is online now  
Old 12-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #524
Senior Member
 
QCCowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post

This is mostly my guess - the 36QBOK is extremely pin light for its size due to the dual slide outs in the bunkhouse. On top of that, the outdoor kitchen has fridge, sink, stove and microwave. It all adds up to being quite a bit of lever weight at the backend lightening up the pin weight.

The 34TBOK my guess is that it's slide in the bunkhouse is bigger and the outdoor kitchen appears to be slightly more "full featured" than the 33BHOK. My guess is that it's bunkhouse layout ends up being a little heavier than the 33BHOK.

BUT- you're right the 33BHOK is a few feet shorter than the 34TBOK. It could be the placement of the axles. The further back they are, the more pin weight you'll have (if I understand that correctly).

It's hard to say.
I would have said the same thing......
__________________
Jack of all trades - Master of none
2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2014 Sabre 36QBOK
QCCowboy is offline  
Old 12-12-2013, 08:39 AM   #525
Minnesotan
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
What truck do u have?
We have the 32bhok and love it.
Have you considered the 33qsik?
We love that floor plan!
Turbs
No truck yet- I'm shopping for the truck and 5ver at the same time. Looking at 1ton diesel CC SRW 2011 or newer. Prefer a long box (which fits in my garage). Both my Dad and sister have 1ton diesel duallys and have offered to move the 5ver around for me till I find the right truck deal.

Hadn't considered the 35qsik because I had thought I would want to stay on the shorter end for length. I haven't done a lot of towing and want to make sure I'm comfortable with the size, weights and backing up. But at the same time I don't want to be upgrading campers in a few years.

Katie
__________________
kaschultz is offline  
Old 12-12-2013, 08:44 AM   #526
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaschultz View Post

No truck yet- I'm shopping for the truck and 5ver at the same time. Looking at 1ton diesel CC SRW 2011 or newer. Prefer a long box (which fits in my garage). Both my Dad and sister have 1ton diesel duallys and have offered to move the 5ver around for me till I find the right truck deal.

Hadn't considered the 35qsik because I had thought I would want to stay on the shorter end for length. I haven't done a lot of towing and want to make sure I'm comfortable with the size, weights and backing up. But at the same time I don't want to be upgrading campers in a few years.

Katie
For the little extra length I think you'll like the qsik over the bhok not that there's anything wrong with the bhok as like I stated we love ours.
the extra kitchen space with the kitchen slide is well worth it!
If the qsik had been out when we bought the bhok we'd have chosen it over the bhok.

We tow our bhok with a 3/4 ton Silverado with the Duramax Allison with no issues.

Turbs
__________________
TURBS is offline  
Old 12-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #527
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,729
Interesting discussion - the BHOK vs. QSIK. I am not a fan of camp-side slides. My QBOK is fine because it's way in the back, but has been an issue on some of the tighter camping places we've gone to.

I have more of an issue of the smaller awning on the QSIK. I love our gargantuan awning on the QBOK.

As for camper size- out on the road and towing, I think it's less of an issue. It's once you get into campgrounds that it can be more of a challenge.
__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is online now  
Old 12-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #528
Senior Member
 
QCCowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Interesting discussion - the BHOK vs. QSIK. I am not a fan of camp-side slides. My QBOK is fine because it's way in the back, but has been an issue on some of the tighter camping places we've gone to.

I have more of an issue of the smaller awning on the QSIK. I love our gargantuan awning on the QBOK.

As for camper size- out on the road and towing, I think it's less of an issue. It's once you get into campgrounds that it can be more of a challenge.
That extra space in the kitchen would be nice though! We looked at a Columbus with a similar setup to the QBOK with the add of the slide out kitchen. Really nice, but too pricey for me! Love the QBOK though
__________________
Jack of all trades - Master of none
2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2014 Sabre 36QBOK
QCCowboy is offline  
Old 12-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #529
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCCowboy View Post
That extra space in the kitchen would be nice though! We looked at a Columbus with a similar setup to the QBOK with the add of the slide out kitchen. Really nice, but too pricey for me! Love the QBOK though
Yep. There's a lot of give or take in all of it. The extra space is nice, but that awning- woe is me, that awning.
__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is online now  
Old 12-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #530
Senior Member
 
QCCowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post

but that awning- woe is me, that awning.
Yep, let's just hope we never have to replace that awning.... If so we'll wish we had the shorter one.
__________________

__________________
Jack of all trades - Master of none
2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2014 Sabre 36QBOK
QCCowboy is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
factory, sabre, warranty

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 PM.