Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 02:19 PM   #601

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Are you looking?

TURBS
Sabre owners united!
Nope, perfectly happy with our '13 Sabre. Just had some extra time while DW was watching Revenge last night so I thought I'd see if the newest brochure was up on the Palomino site. Was paging thru, reading and noticed the difference between our exterior length and the one stated in the new brochure so I thought I'd ask SabreSam. I think our Sabre is going to last us a long time .

Old 03-17-2014, 02:34 PM   #602
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
Nope, perfectly happy with our '13 Sabre. Just had some extra time while DW was watching Revenge last night so I thought I'd see if the newest brochure was up on the Palomino site. Was paging thru, reading and noticed the difference between our exterior length and the one stated in the new brochure so I thought I'd ask SabreSam. I think our Sabre is going to last us a long time .
Sounds good!

TURBS
Sabre owners united!

Old 03-17-2014, 06:42 PM   #603

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Are you looking?

TURBS
Sabre owners united!
Speaking of looking IIRC weren't you and Ms. Amy looking a while back?
Old 03-17-2014, 07:15 PM   #604

I believe he was QSIK if I remember correctly!
Old 03-17-2014, 07:27 PM   #605
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCCowboy View Post
I believe he was QSIK if I remember correctly!
Correct.

TURBS
Sabre owners united!
Old 03-20-2014, 11:31 PM   #606

I've pretty much bought a 2013 320fdqs Sabre Silhouette. I have a few day till my pick up date and still need to buy a hitch. I have a b&w turnoverball so I'm going with a b&w companion or companion slider. I have a 07 2500hd silverado classic crew cab 6.5 box and concerned weather I really need a slider or not.

Looking at the camper I now relize the 2013 Sabre has two different front ends. Two friends who have 5th wheels say they never need to slide because of the angle and king pin location on new 5ers. There 2010 Laredos clearly have cut angles in the front but my two model year newer camper is the one without the cut angles. My question is... Is there a noticeable difference in these two front caps? Is mine a really old 2013? Am I going to need a slider?

I wish is didnt notice the angled front because now I'm double guessing my pick, but I cant find and actual king pin locations numbers maybe its far enough forward I can still get 88 degrees with this camper? ANY and ALL advice or help would be greatly appricated!!!

Thank you!
Old 03-20-2014, 11:47 PM   #607
Oklahoma Proud

I'm running same truck as you, standard 3000 b&w companion, on furthest back setting and will be pulling a sabre in about a month.
You cant get 90° but close. I would guess 70-80° but im not positive, I get to technical to ball park guestimate any more than that. Have tested some at my dealer. And I wont ever even crank a camper 70° myself, its too hard on axles, tires and such.
Now an empty gooseneck equipment trailer.... yeah I crank those pretty hard sometimes, only empty though.

MillerTime- Future Sabre Handler!!
Old 03-20-2014, 11:52 PM   #608

I pull my 2013 34tbok with an F250 sb, b&w companion non-slider, and have never had any issues at all. 22 trips last year.

Sent by me
Old 03-21-2014, 12:04 AM   #609

Thanks MillerTime,
I never thought about pushing the camper to tight. Ive been concerned about not being able to get into some of the smaller sites we have been in in the past. This new 5er will be bigger then what we had last year and want to try to stay away from the wife saying I told you we didnt need this big of a camper. I feel I'm a decent driver i hope i can get by without the slider and save the $500 dollars. May I ask how you figured out the hight to set the hitch up at?

I still wish the camper I'm buying had the angled front end bummer...
Old 03-21-2014, 12:12 AM   #610
Oklahoma Proud

I just set the hitch at the highest setting and the further most rearward setting. I didn't know how to set it so I just gave it a shot, and it worked.
Now my truck sits a little higher than stock, about 5-6" so I did have to raise the pinbox (to lower the trailer) on my last 5er to bring the nose down some. I still had about 6" or thereabouts clearance between bed and camper.
I could have lowered the hitch, but I thought it was alot easier to move the pinbox. Either way, probably depends on where the pinbox sits in correlation to the camper.

MillerTime- Future Sabre Handler!!

Tags
factory, sabre, warranty