Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2014, 08:48 PM   #651
Here to Help
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Sam, when you order the Jt strong arms in a 36qbok, are they only on the front jacks or is there also one on the rear stabs?
Thanks!

MillerTime- Future Sabre Handler!!

Front only.
__________________

__________________
SabreSam is offline  
Old 04-13-2014, 09:23 PM   #652
Oklahoma Proud
 
MillerTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: central OK
Posts: 2,775
Thanks Sam!
Thats what I figured, but never know untill ya ask!

MillerTime- Future Sabre Handler!!
__________________

__________________
MillerTime is offline  
Old 04-13-2014, 09:54 PM   #653
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Someone had some pics of them on here a few days ago. Cant remember whitch thread though. I think wiscampsin has some, if I recall correctly.

MillerTime- Future Sabre Handler!!
They weren't available as an option when we factory ordered our Sabre so we had dealer install both front and rear. Only pic I have of the rear ones is this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	13.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	49787
__________________
Wiscampsin is offline  
Old 04-13-2014, 10:06 PM   #654
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Sam, when you order the Jt strong arms in a 36qbok, are they only on the front jacks or is there also one on the rear stabs?
Thanks!

MillerTime- Future Sabre Handler!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreSam View Post
Front only.
Sam,
Why front only? I figure if somebody wants them on the front wouldn't they want them on the rear too?
__________________
Wiscampsin is offline  
Old 04-15-2014, 10:32 AM   #655
Here to Help
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 437
JT Strongarms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
Sam,
Why front only? I figure if somebody wants them on the front wouldn't they want them on the rear too?
Dear Wiscampsin,
The front legs is where the majority of the sway comes from. We are only allowed so many production options, so when we had to choose, we picked the front. Not a great explanation, but the truth!
__________________
SabreSam is offline  
Old 04-15-2014, 12:10 PM   #656
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreSam View Post
Dear Wiscampsin,
The front legs is where the majority of the sway comes from. We are only allowed so many production options, so when we had to choose, we picked the front. Not a great explanation, but the truth!
Huh good to know.

Thanks sam

TURBS

Sabre owners united!
__________________
TURBS is offline  
Old 04-15-2014, 12:29 PM   #657
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreSam View Post
Dear Wiscampsin,
The front legs is where the majority of the sway comes from. We are only allowed so many production options, so when we had to choose, we picked the front. Not a great explanation, but the truth!
I agree with Turbo. Pretty funny to read but after you think about it for a while, it makes you nod your head and go, "yeah, that makes sense". Infinite options are great for consumers, but make the ordering and build process overly complex. And, of course- you can't make everything standard!
__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline  
Old 04-15-2014, 09:40 PM   #658
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreSam View Post
Dear Wiscampsin,
The front legs is where the majority of the sway comes from. We are only allowed so many production options, so when we had to choose, we picked the front. Not a great explanation, but the truth!
Got it, makes sense. Thanks Sam.
__________________
Wiscampsin is offline  
Old 04-16-2014, 07:52 PM   #659
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 511
From past experience the fronts remove most but adding the rear JT removes all the wiggle. Set up for camping with just the fronts set and then go to the rear. Push on the side and you will get some wiggle. The tires act as the pivot point. Add the rear JT and you'll get no side to side movement.
__________________
goduc is offline  
Old 04-16-2014, 08:57 PM   #660
Oklahoma Proud
 
MillerTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: central OK
Posts: 2,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by goduc View Post
From past experience the fronts remove most but adding the rear JT removes all the wiggle. Set up for camping with just the fronts set and then go to the rear. Push on the side and you will get some wiggle. The tires act as the pivot point. Add the rear JT and you'll get no side to side movement.
Looks like I'll be making a set for the rear then!
Thanks all, for the info!

Thanks Sam for answering my question!

MillerTime- Future Sabre Handler!!
__________________

__________________
MillerTime is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
factory, sabre, warranty

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 AM.